Status: Active

Don't Close Your Heart

Unexpected Calls

Image

"When you are in love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams"

---------------------------

Grant walked into the house to be greeted by his daughter and his wife. That was the best part of his day, to come home to see his family. He glanced over to see a play pen with his beautiful niece laying inside. She was staring at the TV which had Dora the Explorer playing.

"Hey baby" he said while walking into the kitchen and kissing Valerie. She passionately kissed him back.

"How was work?" she asked.

"It was good, we just started working on the first house in Shadow Valley"

Shadow Valley would be a new housing addition in Westchester. Grant agreed to work on all the houses until it was completely finished.

"Is Dixie here?"

"Yeah, she's painting her room. Why don't you go say hi to her"

Grant set Violet to the ground. Just then he got a phone call. He dug his cell phone out of his pocket and was surprised to see Bam's name and number pop up on the collar id. He smiled, he hadn't spoken to his friend in a long time. Ever since his divorce was final from Missy, Bam had decided to leave Westchester for a while--just to get away from it all. He debated on whether to answer the phone but he knew if he didn't Bam would just keep calling back until he answered. Bam was a great friend to Grant. The two of them met a few years back when Bam had personally called Grant to build his deck, and the huge gazebo outside. Of course, Grant agreed.

"Hey Bam!" he said while answering.

Valerie turned away from the stove to look at her husband. She really did like Bam. He was a great guy. Valerie and Grant went on a group date with Bam and Missy a while back. She thought that Missy was rather rude and annoying. It seemed like all she cared about was Bam's money. During the whole dinner she kept talking about going to New York to get new clothes and telling Bam that she needed money to go out with her sister the next night.

"Grant, it's been so long. How have you fucking been?" asked Bam over the phone.

Grant smiled. "I've been great, and yes it has been long. How was Finland?"

"Can't complain, it was way better than this shithole town. I couldn't wait to get back though but now that I am back I feel like an utter mess. I'm divorced, where do I go from here?"

"I know it's hard man but just think you don't have Missy there blowing all your money or telling you what you can do or who you can see"

"That's fucking true. But, it's so lonely here. Hey, do you want to go out with me and the guys tonight? Radio 104.5 is having a new music night. Tons of upcoming bands will be there to perform"

"Uh, I don't know." Grant looked over at his wife. He knew for a fact that she wouldn't care.

"Ask Valerie and see what she says. You know me, I'll be good"

"You good?"

Bam just laughed in the receiver.

"Val, Bam wants me to go to The Note tonight. Is that alright?"

Valerie just smiled over at her husband. "You know I don't care. Why don't you invite Dixie along?"

Bam frowned into the phone. Who was Dixie? -- he thought.

"I don't know Val. We haven't seen eachother in forever."

"That's why you need to invite her, plus she hasn't been out to a club in god knows how long"

"I'll ask her in a bit"

"She said yes?" asked Bam.

Grant forgot that Bam was on the phone. "Oh, yeah she said it was fine"

"Fuck Yeah! The doors for the concert opens at eight. Will you be ready?"

"Yeah man, I just have to eat and take a shower. I'll meet you there."

"See ya"

Grant hung up the phone with a smile on his face. It was an unexpected call from Bam but when he did call you could expect anything from him.