Status: Active but Busy..(new story soon?)

Dangerously Luminous

An Unexpected Secrecy ~Kyler's POV~

"Kyler c'mon wake up already..we have school today, its Monday." Casey whined, when I rolled over groaning. I looked around not finding Blake anywhere, I bolted upright.

"Where's Blake?" I asked nervously glancing around the room for any sign of him, finding only some over turned comforters on the ground and a pillow with an indentation in it. I relaxed slightly.

"Boo!" I jumped, startled, after I collected myself, I turned to see Blake's face with an all too familiar smirk on it as he jumped up already dressed and hair styled, I was still in my boxers.

"Jesus Christ Blake!.." I said getting up and walking slowly into the bathroom to change. When I had finished, I walked out and grabbed my books knowing that Blake and Casey had left and were probably waiting for me on Casey's front porch as I bolted up the stairs from the basement and through the kitchen, Casey's mom hollering after me

"You sure you don't want anything for breakfast?" I let the slam of the door answer that for me. When I finally got outside, nobody was there. Great. Now what?- Just as I thought that and began to walk off, both of them jumped out of the bushes on both sides of me. I made a high pitched 'eep' kind of a sound and flinched. Damn they got me again and I sounded like a prissy girl. ew. I thought as they shuffled to either side of me laughing. I won't let that happen a third time. I thought to myself just as we reached the school.

Great now where is Jace? Ugh I didn't even want to think about where he was. Jace was the quarterback on the foot-ball team and there wasn't anyone that went to our school who didn't know him. He hated me for some reason. I never knew why. I don't think I ever really will. As me Casey and Blake walked to our separate classes, I suddenly realized how stupid I was before, wondering where Jace was, he always waited for me before first period, right under the bridge, where I had to go to get to first period. He didn't wait for me because he wanted to talk about homework or teachers. This was different.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked

"First period. Where do you think I was going?" I told him.

"Smart-ass faggot." He said, and before I had a chance to even think about what I was going to do next, he punches me hard in the stomach, I doubled over, when another kid I couldn't recognize came up behind me and kicked my legs out from under me.
'

"Whatcha gonna do about it ya' scrawny emo fag?" He said sternly. I couldn't breathe, I tried to stand up, only to be knocked down by another blow to the stomach,I started coughing up blood, my knees knocked out from under me again, as soon as I was on the ground, they started kicking me. This wasn't the first time this happened.

And by the looks of it, it wasn't about to be the last. The pain burned like hell and the last image I saw was someone unfamiliar walking up to them, and an unfamiliar voice..That's all I remember before everything blacked out.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I woke up in a hospital bed. I panicked. Why in the hell was I in the hospital? Who found me? Who would care? Why would anyone want to save me? I stopped asking pointless questions and opened my eyes slightly to see a boy maybe 2 years older than me peering down at me. Immediately I flinched away from the stranger, I tried to pull the wires out of my arms in a frenzied panic to escape from this stranger. I hated hospitals.

Something about the sanitized air that made it seem suspicious and all the restraint they put on their patients. I hated even the thought of them. Suddenly, the strange kid leaned over, in an attempt to calm me. Who in the hell does he think he is? Where are Blake and Casey? Why is he here? I growled at him and tried to turn away. Little good did that do because I was still in immense pain.

"Shhh...Hush..Hush." He told me, a calm expression never left his face as he reached for my hand that was still desperately trying to yank the needle out of my arm. I gave up and let him take my hand in his, shaking at the thought of a stranger holding my hand like we had known each other for years. I finally gathered the confidence to ask him.

"W-who a-are you?" I asked nervously, questioning him.

"I'm Damian, I'll explain more when they let you out in a few hours. Okay?" He said with complete patience, which surprised me. Why should I trust you? The only thing you've done is put me up in some hospital. Why the hell would you give a damn weather I lived or died?

"A-alright.." I said nervously slightly shaking, I tried to sit up, quickly giving up after the first few tries. Its not worth the pain..I thought to myself before falling asleep. I could only imagine how I got here, but I decided that I would find out soon enough if there was no one else around..

It may only have been a few hours but it felt like days to me. I wanted Casey and Blake to be here and tell me that everything was alright, but I didn't know the time and I wasn't about to ask the stranger that was still silently invading my personal space, still holding my hand. I wanted to shake him off and tell him to leave but I was tired and my stomach hurt, along with various other places on my body. I couldn't tell you now if I hated him or admired him for this at this point in time I could barely think properly to even remember most of his features.I fell back asleep soon, too tired to fight now but then again I never was fully strong enough to fight off the things that bothered me the most...

When I woke up again, he was carrying me. I was in his arms. what the hell?! I squirmed and thrashed around and tried to get out of his grip. Nothing worked. But I wasn't about to give up that easily. I tried again and again when finally he got fed up.

"Would you stop that?" He said clearly annoyed

"Where are you taking me?" I demanded.

"My place, you can't walk, you've got stitches on your belly and your leg." He said slightly less annoyed but clearly still frustrated with all the thrashing about I had done. I didn't care if I had stitches or not I wasn't about to agree to letting him take me where ever. I thrashed around again kicking my legs down, running as fast as I could go, I could hear his footsteps behind me, I kept running through a wooded path to Casey's house, I knew the area well.

There was a wooded area right near her house, with a river, and if you went far enough, there was an old abandoned railroad track. We had met up there often, the tree of us, Blake,Casey and me. It wasn't long before I reached Casey's house. I looked behind me, making sure that he hadn't followed me here. I had a spare key hidden in a broken part of a low windowsill. I found it and jammed it into the door sighing as I locked the door behind me and walked back down to the basement. I collapsed on the bed and passed out, tired from running, tired of everything.

"Kyler?!...Kyler? What happened?!" A high-pitched girly voice screamed. I woke up slightly to see Casey standing over me. Blake standing back a bit as if in shock, his hand over his mouth. I turned and looked down to find that the bed sheets, they had two huge blood stains on them. I flinched feeling as though someone was stabbing me in the stomach, my leg was more bearable. Damn it. I was hoping the whole incident with the dark haired, green eyed stranger was a dream.

"I-it's fine. Im-im alright guys, its just a little blood.." I said, my voice shaking and cracking. I tried to stand up. I was caught by the floor again. Well fuck. Why does this keep happening to me?

"Ky, you are NOT fine." said Blake who had rushed forward to pick me up off the floor. I flinched in pain as he picked me up bridal style like the stranger did. Remembering, I was annoyed not by Blake but that I had let a stranger pick me up like that.

"Casey, when does your mom get home?" he asked

"She's usually home by 5pm..it's 3pm now." She said
"I don't know if he can last 2 hours before he bleeds out.." A concerned look crossed his face and never really left.

"We need to get him to the hospital asap." He continued

"Can we use your car?" she said getting panicked

"C'mon I got him go get in the car." Blake said tossing her his keys. They rushed out the door and bolted in the car Blake getting in the back of the sports car with Kyler draped over his lap. Casey began to drive. The whole ride Blake tried to calm Kyler down as he started panicking

"I-i don't w-want to g-go back to the h-hospital." I tried my best to speak fluently but it came out choppy when I started shaking again.

"Shhh" Blake cooed in an attempt to calm me down.

"Wait, back? Kyler what are you talking about?" asked Casey oh god. Why did I have to say that? I thought about lying to them but I couldn't bring myself to do the deed. They were always there for me. I couldn't lie to them.

"Y-yeah Jace and s-some other k-kid wer-were beating m-me up...some str-stranger came an-and took me t-to the hospital.." I said trying my best to sturdy my voice as best I could.

"Ky, why didn't you call us?" asked Blake soothingly

"I-i forgot my c-cell at the h-house." I said struggling to control my shaking.

"Blake leave him alone for now, he's had enough trama for one day, save it for later." Said Casey.

"Alright" Said Blake reluctantly. I knew he wanted to hear more about my incident with the stranger but I was tired and started to drift off to sleep again. When I woke up again I could hear the familiar beeping of machines working and someone having a conversation.

"When do you think he'll wake up?"

"We aren't sure yet."

"What do you mean his brother?"

"His brother brought him in earlier.."

"He doesn't HAVE a brother."

"Then who brought him in?"

"How am I supposed to know?" I assumed that it was a conversation between Blake, Casey and the doctor. I opened my eyes to see them all standing at the far end of my bed, facing each other.

"W-will you guys stop?" I asked surprised that my voice was back to almost normal. They all jumped, obviously startled by me.
"
Ky!" Said Blake as he came around the side of the bed. While Casey interrogated the doctor some more, asking him various questions.

"Feeling any better, bud?" Blake asked

"Well I mean if feeling weird and numb counts then yeah I guess.." My voice cracking.

"It's the morphine buddy, you had a huge gash in your stomach and your leg." he said trying to ease me a bit, knowing I was highly suspicious of hospitals but I assumed I must have looked pretty bad because I know they wouldn't make me go if they didn't think it was serious..This time I had to stay the day before being released tomorrow. I was pissed because I hated hospitals and the staff.

I was woken up at 2 am by the sound of feet shuffling across my hospital room floor.
I cringed and in my frightened state, when I saw a black silhouette, I panicked again and tried once again to rip the needle out of my arm in an attempt to get away. I know the same thing as before but I couldn't go anywhere if I was hooked up to the damn iv. Suddenly the silhouette had it's hand over mine grabbing it away from my arm. I began to yell but soon felt a hand fly across my mouth. Before I could say anything he spoke.

"Shhhhh hush up now." A familiar voice, but it wasn't Blake. I was still scared out of my skin. "My name's Damian Harper. I've been sent to protect you, now be quiet before I get caught in here, trust me I'm not fond of hospitols myself." He whispered, I tensed, still not trusting this stranger from earlier.

He removed his hand from my mouth slowly as if expecting me to scream.
"How did you know I was here? How did you find me in the first place?" I questioned

"You, sir, have a stong aura. And I've kept a close eye on you since I found you." he whispered to me.
What in the hell is an aura? Why would he want to keep a close eye on me , the creep.

"Anything else you'd like to tell me before I slap you across the face?"

"Yeah, listen I'm sorry, I should have told you sooner, your name is Kyler right?" He asked me

"Yeah that's my name. So does this mean you have to follow me around now or something?" I asked wondering

"Mm sort of.. just protecting you.. from erm well, bad people..." He said I couldn't see his face in the dark but I knew that he was fishing for the right words to use.

"Oh..well where will you stay?" I asked sincerely wondering

"I have my own place, but don't fret about me. I've got to go soon. I'll see ya around kid." He said as he climbed out the open window that I hadn't noticed before. Odd. He wasn't bad looking for someone who looked to be about 2 years older than me. It was 2:05, I fell asleep wondering when I'd finally be let out of this hell hole of a hospital.

When I woke up, the doctor told me that the stitches would have to stay in for at least 3 days before I could take them out. He instructed me on how to care for them in the mean-time. Later, Casey and Blake came back to sign me out. Afterwards we went back to Casey's house and watched movies because I was assigned bed rest for the next three days, things would be tough, but I'd learn to deal.

That night I heard a knock on my window, I often slept in the spare bedroom in the basement, at Casey's house because my mother was abusive since I was 11 and my father's always been a drunk. There was no point. I got out of bed to find Damian at the small window, I opened it and he manage to fit through it, when he had gotten inside I noticed all the clothes he was wearing were ripped to shreds and torn everywhere.

He looked a bit weak and stumbled, falling onto the floor. I picked him up, even though he was light, my leg stitches didn't make the task any easier on me. I laid him on the bed making sure that the door to the basement was closed before I turned on a dim light to access the damage on him. It was too late to wake anyone to go to the hospital, so I began to strip his clothes off and leave the bloody garments on the floor, I left his boxers on because they were for the most part intact.

I started a warm bath and helped him off the bed and into the bathroom. I helped wash off some of the dried blood on him, until the water was an ugly shade of reddish brown. Afterwards,I took a look at some of what had been gashes and they healed rather quickly, which now only looked like minor cuts. I gave him a towel and let him borrow some of my pajamas.

"Thanks" He said in return

"Who did that to you anyway?" I asked sincerely hoping whoever it was wasn't after Casey or Blake.

"This is going to sound crazy." he said pulling me until we were sitting on the bed facing each other.

"Can you keep a secret?" He asked being completely serious. I nodded in agreement wanting to know what could be so outrageously crazy, that it had to be kept a secret.

"I'm a fallen angel. I was sent here, to protect you from dark angels, or demons.." He spoke to me as if I was a young child being told a bed-time story.

"Why in the world would they want me?"

"Its your aura, its incredibly bright.."

"What is an aura? And if you're an angel then where are your wings?" I asked curious as to if he was lying to me or not. Yeah I may have helped him but that was out of pity.

"An aura is basically a halo of energy that forms around everyone, some people say it's color represents something but yours happens to be unusually bright.." He said

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked nervously

"No, actually, that's a good thing..you might have a special power of some sort.." He told me.

"How would I use it?" I was now extremely curious as to how I would be able to use this power.

"That, I have yet to figure out." He responded. Huh power. Interesting.

"You can crash here for the night if you want.." I offered, turning to fix the comforters that Blake left on the floor. I was then going to fix my bed sheets because they still had huge blood stains on them from earlier, when he interrupted me saying

"Come here, I want to try something." I turned around from what I was doing and almost jumped out of my skin when I found that he was standing nearly directly behind me.

"A-alright, go for it." I said a little uneasy with the numerous things that he could do to me here, I wasn't about to trust him because he tried to help me once. I was cut off from my thoughts when he gently pressed his lips to mine, as soon as he did, all the lights in the house went out and then in a heartbeat they turned back on brighter than before, until I pulled away from him, then lights dimmed back to normal.

"What was that?" I asked in amazement.

"I'm not so sure I know for exact either.." He said crawling underneath the comforters on the floor on left side of the bed, near the window. Maybe we BOTH had that power and he never knew...Before I fell asleep that night, a million questions whizzed through my head but when I woke up that morning, looking over the edge of the bed.

Part of me hoping he was still there, his body lying still, aside from his breathing, laying on the floor balled up in comforters, but I looked over to find the window cracked open and the blankets all a mess on the floor, and part of me was glad he was gone...
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know how the story is I'm not sure if I'm going to continue if there aren't many people that want me to..