Status: Active but Busy..(new story soon?)

Dangerously Luminous

Bruised and Scarred~Damian's POV~

I knew his response before he even uttered a word. He was afraid of me. I could feel him resisting the urge to tell me straight out. I've had enough. I'll be gone before tomorrow comes. It was my job to protect him, not get emotionally attached. This was stupid. I'm pathetic.

"I-i don't know.." Kyler said struggling to find the right words.

"You should be. I'm such a moron. I should have just left you at the hospital. I should have just left. It was dumb of me to think that this would be good for you. I-i'm sorry. I'll go." I said getting up from the bed and wincing, in pain, ugh this was going to hurt. I climbed out the window, he could say whatever he wanted I was gone before he could do anything about it.

I ran into the woods and climbed a tall tree, deciding to spend the remainder of the night there. I laid my back to the trunk of the tree, feet facing outwards, When I heard people walking through the woods, I heard them whispering about something, I listened closer, they were planning. At this point I didn't know if I wanted to go back to the house and tell Kyler there were people in the woods, or eavesdrop on them and risk getting caught either way. I decided to go down a few branches so I could hear what they were saying.

"Where do we hide it?"

"What? That? That's the easy part, just toss it in the water." I must have been close to a river because I had noticed the sound of running water, that I didn't notice before.

"What if someone hears us?"

"Shut up, there's nobody around. I checked." Obviously not enough because I was still here. Unobservant fools. After a bit I heard a splash. When I heard them walk far enough away, I ran for the house.

I wasn't about to let this slide without someone else knowing. I knocked on the window, it was still dark out so I presumed that it was either real late or extremely early. When nobody answered I knocked again, this time peering through the dimly-lit room to see Kyler laying on the bed, Blake next to him, kissing him.

Really? I knocked louder as if to say 'I was here' or ' I saw that' Why am I jealous? God, he didn't even like me anyway, what was the point? I wasn't supposed to get emotionally attached either. For some reason this bothered me. I can't be sure exactly why but I'm pretty sure it had to do with the fact that I really kind of liked Kyler.

I was attached to him. I loved him, but what's the point of all this is he doesn't have feelings for me? I walked back into the woods picking a tree that was a decent height and laying in it the way I did before, my back to the trunk, legs crossed, I fell asleep dreaming. I dreamed that for some reason Kyler was dying in the hospital, the only way I could save him is if I really loved him, If I denied it in the dream, he died. I didn't know what would have happened if I admitted it. I didn't. I didn't want to. I didn't try.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title -Bruised and Scarred by Mayday Parade
Short chapter sorry guys. I'll post more soon.