Status: Active

Why So Serious

The Joker's Idea

Like the joker had said it only took an hour to get to his hideout, but an hour seemed like six. The driver headed into the middle of nowhere. I was extremely lost. I tried to look out the window but all I could see was trees and darkness. The van soon stopped in front of a gate that was painted purple and green. After typing in a code the gates swung open and the van went deep into the valley. The joker watched me as my eyes widened. His house, excuse me mansion was huge. Even bigger than Bruce’s and that was big.

“Like it?” he asked.

I nodded my head at him.

It was a regular mansion on the outside but I’m sure on the inside it had the joker’s flare.

“Alright beautiful, welcome to my home!”

The driver opened the doors to the back of the van. I could run away but I didn’t know where the hell I was at and they would find me in a heartbeat. I slid onto the gravel and looked around. Pretty normal place.

“If you want to run go ahead I’m not going to stop you” said the joker. He leaned down and whispered in my ear. “But I’m pretty sure the wolves and coyotes would destroy you even more than I could ever do”

I looked into his eyes. “I’m not going to run”

He smiled at me and cackled; causing the silence to fill with the sinister laugh.

“Smart girl, now follow me”

I was pushed by one of his men.

“Don’t touch me” I yelled at him.

The joker ignored what went on behind him and began walking. The house outside was normal to what it looked like on the inside. There was a picture of the joker hanging above the fireplace. Colors of green, purple, and gold filled the rooms. And the furniture was like nothing I had ever seen before. After examining the house the joker took me upstairs into a room. I guessed it was his room. He quickly pushed me in and locked the door.

“Asshole” I yelled at him.

“You’ll like me soon enough” he said.

When I heard him walk away I quickly dug in my pocket for my cell phone. I opened it up. To my horror I had no service.

“Damn phone” I yelled then chunked it across the room.

The joker’s room was rather big. Its walls were painted a dark purple, a green couch sat in front of a fireplace, and the king sized bed had a joker printed on it. I began to snoop around the room. God, I wish I didn’t because in the closet I found knives of every shape and size, a few guns, and to my horror I found a large box that contained pictures. But not just any pictures, pictures of the joker’s murder victims. I was so grossed out that a human being could do this to someone. One picture I stumbled on would make me have nightmares forever. It was of a little boy about seven or eight. He had stab marks all over his body and gun shot wounds to top it all off he was hanging from a shower rod. I sank down and cried. Not for myself, but for these people. They didn’t do anything wrong especially the little boy. After crying for a while I decided that it wouldn’t help. It wouldn’t bring the innocent back from the dead. They had to be avenged. I grabbed one of the knives and went into the room. I knew how to use a knife. My father wanted me to be in classes for combat and I was damn good at it. I practiced for a little bit. I accidentally threw one of the knives into the wall. I looked around then quickly pulled it out. I decided that I had enough practice for the day so I put the knives on the bed. I found a bookshelf sitting in the far corner of the room. They were mainly books about famous serial killers, murdering, and one book about sociopaths. I picked it up and began to read.

Sociopaths don't have normal affection with other people. They don't feel attached to others. They don't feel love. And that is why they don't have a conscience. If you harmed someone, even someone you didn't know, you would feel guilt and remorse. Why? Because you have a natural affinity for other human beings. You know how it feels to suffer, to fear, to feel anguish. You care about others. And if you hurt someone you love, the guilt and remorse would be very bad because of your affection for him or her. Take that attachment and affection away and you take away remorse, guilt, and any kind of normal feelings of fairness. That's a sociopath.

I put the book down with a frown on my face. I was stuck in this place with a Sociopath. I didn’t want to read anymore. I put the book back on the shelf. My nerves were shot. Every time I heard a noise I would jump. I took a deep breath. I had to be calm if I wanted to fight for the innocent. Soon I got tired of waiting so I fell asleep.

~*~

“Boss, what do we do with the girl?” asked Riley.

The joker looked up from his knife with a smile on his face.

“I might have a little fun with her before we kill her”

“So, you’re going to kill her?”

“I don’t know yet Riley. Just give it time. She may be of great use”

The joker looked over to the TV screen. Nichole was plopped down on his bed fast asleep. He would give her a few hours of sleep before he woke her up. He saw how good she was with knives.

“What about Harley Quinn”

The joker quickly stood up and had Riley up against the wall with a knife to his throat.

“Don’t ever say her name again. Is that understood?”

“Yes sir”

The joker let go of Riley and stormed off through the house. Harley Quinn was the joker’s girlfriend or ex girlfriend now. They used to be a pair until she decided to run her mouth to the batman, now she was dead in the gutter somewhere. If it wasn’t for her he would’ve already taken over all of Gotham city right now and the batman would be dead. But no, she had to tell the batman what he was planning just because they had a fight. He smiled to himself. The joker didn’t feel love so it didn’t matter to him that he killed his girlfriend of five years just two years ago. The Joker let out a long sigh, Nichole was a fighter he could tell. She wasn’t afraid of him. That’s why it made her a good accomplice. If he just used his mind games on her she would fall in his grasp and they both could take down the batman and take over the city together.