Status: First Story, please enjoy :)

Nothing's As It Appears

Chapter 2

Nicolas and I both braced ourselves before walking into hell itself.
He looked over at me through his midnight blue eyes, “Are you ready?”
I’m ready to spend the rest of my life with you...
“As ready as I’ll ever be.” I mumbled.
We walked through the front doors of the school and at that moment the heavy smell of perfume and cologne from many of the students trying to mask whatever they truly smelt like pierced my nostrils. I saw many familiar faces that I’ve gotten used to over the years of living in this small town, many of whom I wish I never had to see again.
Damn I wish I could just leave this town and never look back.
“Aye man, what’s with the funny face?” Jesse said as he walked toward me with his signature grins on. Jesse is kind of one of those guys you can never remember how you actually met, you were just always friends. He’s around average height and build, and he isn’t much of a looker but man does he have some eyes. They make you feel like you’re staring straight up in the sky during a blizzard, just really frosty blue like.
“Just tired and sore is all, this guy right here thought it was a good idea to tackle me as I was sleeping.”
I said as pointing to my right, where Nicolas was standing.
He threw his arm around me and put me in a headlock just horsing around and all. “Man it’s your own fault for playing Dead Space all night and not getting any sleep!”
“Haha, jeesh man what’re you my mother?” We both chuckled a little. The bell rang, as he let go I could feel a slight tingling sensation from where his arm had been slung around me. I kind of wish he’d just leave it there all day. Jesse already left and I saw the amount of students subsiding, I knew if we didn't hurry to first period we’d be late, luckily it was on the other side of the school. *Note sarcasm.
As we were sprinting to the classroom I couldn't help but notice how Nicolas’s hair stuck straight up and how his face was flushed. He looked over at me and smirked, almost in a taunting manner…
We both hurdled through the door right as the bell rang once again. Both of us sighing in relief we walked to the back of the classroom to where our desks sit side-by-side and noisily took our seats. The teacher scoffed and glared at us, then began to mindlessly talk on and on, even though I’m pretty sure she has the idea none of us were even paying her any kind of attention. I tossed my backpack that was practically as light as a feather, it was filled with just some loose-leaf paper and some pens, on the ground and glanced at Nicolas. He was, as always, blankly staring into space, not even the slightest expression on his face. I just gazed at him for I’m not even sure how long until Mrs. Whatever her face was pulled me out of my thoughts. “Luke, are you even paying attention!?”
“Uhh, um yeah of course.”
“Well then could you please explain how you could possibly do that while staring at Nicolas instead of the front of the classroom?”
I could feel my face getting hot as a slight blush covered my face.
Damn old hag…
“Uhh..-.” Luckily Nicolas cut me off so I didn’t completely look like a fool.
“Well Mrs. Lady Face I think you’re just jealous and all that Lukey here gets to stare at my gorgeousness way back here and you can’t.”
Some of my classmates laughed while Mrs. Whatever’s eyes went a little wide and she frowned and opened her mouth to spit out some insult or send us to the principal’s office but before she could the bell rang bringing first period to an end. I threw my backpack over my shoulder and rushed out of class before she could say anything, I saw Nicolas right at my heels. He was just laughing to himself at how hilarious he was without a care in the world. I could still feel myself blushing and was a little embarrassed thinking he thought I was weird, but he just put his arm over my shoulder as usual and acted no different. I was a little relieved by his action and felt safe with him close. I’m honestly surprised though by how oblivious he is to my actions lately. I can’t really tell if that’s a good or bad thing…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always welcome**
Also some good constructive criticism
Thank you^^ c: