Under Control

conventional friend

"Are you close?"

"If you consider me being half an hour away from your flat close, then yes."

"You haven't even left your house yet, have you, Harry?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer. I knew how long it took to commute from his place to mine and vice versa because of how many times it's been done since the beginning of our little agreement.

"Give me a break, today was busier than I thought it'd be, Lizzy."

With a loud and over-exaggerated sigh, I fell back against my pillows. Of course he was going to be late. Harry was always late to these meetings, rendezvous of ours. Whatever you wanted to label them. We'd set a time and date that was convenient for the both of us and he would somehow, someway, end up being up to an hour late—it's happened more times than I've liked it to, sadly—basically every time.

To him, I'm sure, I was just a nice shag on the side. A friend to fuck on occasion because right now, he didn't think a relationship would be a good thing to delve into; with him gone for months on end, along with many other things, and well, a rather huge following of teenage girls that were determined they were going to get in his pants.

It was incredibly daft of me to agree to his insane idea when he came over to my flat and told me. Mostly because I knew, god, I knew I'd eventually fall for him. With his curly, yet flattened hair, dimples and green eyes, it was hard not to.

It didn't take long for me to fall for him.

And boy, did I fall hard.

I couldn't exactly help it, could I? He was damn charming, adorable as hell and good in bed so that didn't help my little predicament I was in. Every time we saw each other, in the bedroom and outside of it, I had to hide my real feelings. I had to act like I was only doing this for the pleasure, just like he was.

Because that's all this was about, anyway. It was a simple deal. Friends with benefits.

No strings attached sex.

Sighing again, mostly to myself this time, I remembered I was on the phone, "Just get here as quickly as you can before I fall asleep due to boredom."

"For you I'd run through red lights and stop signs." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

Rolling my eyes, I replied, "Sure you would."

While I waited, I decided to move into the living room and lie on the couch and watch TV, turning on one of the many shows I had recorded earlier in the week. I put my head against one of the pillows, let my eyes slip shut for a few seconds—not planning to fall asleep—and ended up doing just that. Why would I want to fall asleep anyway? I had a beautiful human being coming over in 30 minutes and sleeping was the last thing I wanted to do as I waited. But within a few minutes of waiting and I was fast asleep and that was the last thing I remembered before I was getting shaken awake and a raspy voice repeating my name.

Even though I was awake now, I kept my eyes shut and pretended to still be asleep to annoy Harry. I could hear him getting more and more annoyed each time he said my name. He deserved it. It's what he got for being late again and making me wait.

"Elizabeth." Another shake. "Lizzy, come on." I fought back the urge to laugh. "I have this strong feeling that you're faking with me. Lizzy, seriously, this isn't funny."

"Honestly," I replied, my eyes still shut, "I think it's hilarious."

"Of course you do," Harry said. I heard him kick his shoes off, and push them away from the couch. "Get your lazy arse up."

Grudgingly getting up, I stretched my arms over my head and my back popped, earning a sigh of satisfaction to leave my lips. "You're more demanding than usual."

I walked over to where the curly haired boy was now, he vacated to my kitchen, the refrigerator open as he took a sip of the water bottle he grabbed. Shutting it for him, I moved to stand in front of him and take the bottle out of his hands, placing it on the center island and wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him close. His hands instinctively went to my hips, pulling me into him as well. Our faces were now inches apart now and I could already feel my heart starting to beat more rapidly against my chest.

Before I was able to brush my lips against his, he leant back and smirked, "Did you miss me? We had quite the long break between this time and last time, yeah?"

"That's now how this works, Harry. You know that."

His smirk faltered into a smile. I knew why, it was because he was okay with my answer. What we had, right here, was what he wanted, and I'd give it to him; even if I personally wanted more.

He brought his lips down to mine while he slowly backed me up until my back hit the countertop, my body pressed between the counter and his body and I knew he wasn't going to let me go any time soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've actually had this finished for a couple of days, but I wanted to update this today, because it's my 20th birthday (man that's still weird. to type and think about), and I've managed to do so with an hour and 20 minutes left before the day is over. Claps all around.

Thank you to all who subscribed and recommended before the first chapter was even posted! I hope you enjoy this! I'm pretty excited for it, it's my first thing I'm posting on here since my official return back to Mibba. Let me know your thoughts? I'd really love to know what you think!