Status: Hiatus

Bite Me

Completely Drained

Brian POV

“What the fuck do you mean their looking for her, Jimmy?” I snapped as I quickly changed my clothes. I couldn’t go meet with the Council looking like I just committed a mass murder, now could I?
“You know how unforgiving they can be!” Yeah, I was worried. Big ol’ Brian, the ruthless Dom was worried. The Vampire Council was fierce though, they were worse then the most evil of Dom’s, and believe me, I’ve met some pretty terrifying fuckers in my life.
“They want to talk to her. Dude, just come on, it’ll be fine. My Uncle’s in the Council, I’ll make sure nothing happens to her.” Jimmy exclaimed.
“Brian, I’m scared.” Leslie whispered beside me. I looked down at her, and I swear if I had a heart, it would shatter. She looked completely terrified and I wanted nothing more then to hold and comfort her, to assure that she would be fine, but I wasn’t so sure.
Her doe-like hazel eyes bore into mine and all I could do was nod. Really Brian? A small, defenseless girl that your weirdly attracted to is scared out of her mind and all you do is nod? Real smooth man.

I sighed and grabbed her small hand, holding it tightly in my own as I followed Jimmy out of the dungeons and back into the school. We maneuvered our way quickly through the halls, pushing all the humans out of the way and walking around any Dom’s or Fertiles.
We reached the front entrance of the school where I thought we would be met with the Council but Jimmy continued to lead us out of the school and into the parking lot, where five extravagant limousines sat.
I turned to look at Leslie quickly, holding her face in my big hands.
“It’ll be all right, Les. I won’t let anything happen to you, okay?” I said quietly. She nodded and smiled shyly at me before turning back towards the limos. I wrapped my arms around her shoulder protectively and kissed her cheek, which made her smile widely up at me. Suddenly all the drivers exited the cars and walked around to open the doors. At the exact same time, each door swung open and out walked the head chairmans of the Vampire Council.

Leslie POV

To say I was scared would be the understatement of the century. I was absolutely horrified. I had heard stories of the Vampire Council, how they were evil, ruthless killers that hated humans more then any Dom ever could, and yet here I was, standing merely feet away from the five chairmans of the whole ordeal.
“Ah, Mr.Haner, Mr.Sullivan how wonderful to see you two fine, young Dom’s once again.” The shortest of the group said properly, shaking Jimmy’s then Brian’s hand. My breath hitched when he stopped and looked at me curiously.
“My oh my, rumors of you had spread like wild fire around the Council, but never had I heard you were so breathtakingly beautiful. What a pleasure to meet you, Miss.Brooks.”
“You too sir.” I said quietly and respectfully, not wanting to upset him. After the first chairman, came the rest who all shook both Brian, and Jimmy’s hands and said few words to me, thankfully.
“Now that introductions are over, lets get down to business. It has come to our attention that Miss.Brooks’ life calling has caused some confusion. Now, the Council and myself went into quick and deep research regarding this and we have good news.” One of the less intimidating of the five Dom’s explained while pulling out a stack of papers from his brief case. I grabbed Brian’s hand beside me and leaned closer into him, scared of what was going to happen.
“We have found your real parents.”
My eyes widened at this.
“My real parent’s passed when I was nine years old.” I explained quietly, still clinging to Brian.
“No, the filth you called parents bought you from a Fertile dealer in the Black Market.” A different, scarier looking Dom said loudly, every word filled with hate. Wait, Fertile Dealer?
“Sir, I’m sorry but I’m not a Fertile.”
“Miss.Brooks look at that bracelet on your left hand.” I looked down at the bracelet I had worn as long as I could remember. “Where did you get it?”
“My mother and father, my real mother and father, gave it to me a few days before they died. They said to never take it off, and I haven’t since.”
“No! I should’ve known!” Brian suddenly exclaimed from beside me, huffing and breathing heavily in anger. I placed my hand on his chest and looked into his eyes, for some reason knowing it would calm him down. As soon as his brown orbs met my hazel eyes, his breathing slowed and his features relaxed.
“What you are wearing is called a Glamor. It keeps a Fertile from being a Fertile, so to speak. It takes away any Vampire traits you may possess and disguises you as a human. People who buy from Fertile Dealer’s buy them so no one will ever figure out that they have committed the crime of buying a Fertile. Luckily, with the bracelet, we will be able to track down the dealer that kidnapped you and sold you to your ‘parents’ and kill him.”
“That’s my job.” Brian seethed beside me, his normally chocolately brown eyes, turning pitch black.
“Of course, you are her socius.”
“Wait a second. Socius? What’s a socius?” I asked, looking from the Council to Jimmy, then up to Brian who seemed to be having an inner conflict with himself.

“That’s up to Mr.Haner to explain. Now I shall leave these files with you containing all the information you may need, and we shall be off. It truly was a pleasure conversing with you. Good day to you all.” With that, the Council re-entered the limo’s and were off.
“Brian, what’s a socius?” I asked, gripping the file in my tiny hand. He looked down at me, as I looked up at him, and sighed.
“Jimmy, man, I’ll see ya later. Bring round the guys in a few, all right?” Jimmy nodded at Brian before walking back towards the school.
“C’mon, lets get out of here.” He wrapped his arm protectively around my waist and led me further into the parking lot and to a fancy black car that I could only assume was his own. I didn’t bother asking where we were heading; too many thoughts were flooding my mind. How had I been fooled my whole life? It was always me, mom and dad, but now my whole existence is a lie. What will happen when I take this bracelet off and what the FUCK is a socius?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooh!!! Tell me what you think! I honestly, loooooove comments!