Status: LOVE <3

Mixed Up World

Acting Skills

Kaoru's POV

As I went out of the bathroom I tried to locate the table I had with Ashley's date. he'd told me which one it was. as far from the bathroom as possible. up in a corner. it was really easy to find and it was empty. I walked to the table hoping Ashley's date won't notice the differences there would be between him and me disguised as him. I sat down and started waiting. Ashley had left a special mark about which chair was his which we agreed in before I left their place last night. he'd left a small napkin on the seat.
I'd been waiting for two minutes or so that I saw someone I knew too well heading towards the table. try to guess who it was. if you replied Hikaru you were right. my very own twin brother was heading in my direction. I hoped he'd just noticed it was me dressed up like Ashley.
"I'm sorry there was this huge queue so it took some time before I got our orders. have you been waiting long?" he asked smiling at me.
WHAT!!! Ashley was dating Hikaru! and Hikaru had tried to get me on a date with him? now I think I know what has happened. Hikaru had tried to fool me to go on a date with Ashley but I guess Ashley didn't want to date Hikaru for some reason and put me on this date instead. but why? why exactly did it have to be me? don't he know that Hikaru and I have been together since we were born. it would be too easy for him to recognize me! for God sake! what the hell is he thinking? if he even is thinking! I wonder.
"no that was fine. there was some queue at the bathroom too so it didn't really matter" FUCK I sounded too much like myself! I'd practiced to make my voice sound like Ashley's just a few minutes ago! why won't it work!
"well then you might not have gotten here long before me" Hikaru replied. didn't he notice that my voice sounded so much like me! what in the world is happening to him?
"no I didn't" this time it sounded less like me and more like Ashley. I finally did it!
"how long have you been waiting?" he asked.
"a couple of minutes" I shrugged.
"well here's what you ordered" he handed me a coffee and a cookie as I'd told Ashley to get for me.
"oh thank you" I said. I knew Hikaru was paying all of it so I didn't have to pay. I had to make sure to pay him back sometime. but this had to stay as a secret that he wasn't dating Ashley but me. he won't ever know that I'd taken his date's place I'd promised Ashley that. but I didn't promise I won't get angry with the black haired boy.
the rest of the date turned out well. after half an hour just chatting and drinking coffee Hikaru and I went out for a walk, looking at shops. we also shared an ice cream. yes only one. after we had the ice cream we sat down on a bench and continued talking. I think I played the role as Ashley really well. maybe a little too well.
"Ashley... there is something you shall know" Hikaru said nervously.
"yes what is that?" I asked in the sweetest tone I could get.
"well I... originally I didn't plan on being on this date. I planned on making Kaoru go cause he seams to like you a lot but after all this time I've spend with you I think I've fallen in love with you so..." he leaned in closer. "what do you say?"
WHAT!!! he confessed his love! and what is worse (cause yes this is bad for me) he didn't even realize that I'm in love with him! FOR GOD SAKE! I know I've said that a lot. what was I supposed to do? I could ruin it all, break my big brother's heart and tell him the truth or I could lie and get both Hikaru and Ashley in trouble by starting a relationship Ashley didn't know about. or there was the third. I could simply say know. I'd break Hikaru's heart and he'd hate Ashley so much after this but... maybe it'd be for the better for me. and maybe it would be the best thing.
"I-I'm sorry Hikaru..." I mumbled. "but... I-I don't feel... the same way" I mumbled the last part. I felt a tear rolling down my cheek. "I'm really sorry" I whispered.
"well... I'll give you some time. I hope you'll change your mind" he mumbled.
"I'm sorry" I whispered.
"don't worry. I'll get over it" Hikaru mumbled and then he leaned even closer as our lips touched.
I let out a small gasp. I was so close to lose my act. I didn't know what Ashley would do if he was kissed without wanting to but I wanted this. I wanted it so bad. I kissed a little back... to give him hope. then I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him gently away.
"I'm sorry" I whispered.
"no I'm the one to be sorry. I didn't mean to kiss you like that. I just hoped it'd make you change your mind. just a little bit" he said. "now let me drive you home"
I stood up and he did too. "could you drop me off at Haruhi's place. as I told you I lent the dress from her and I want to get it back to her as soon as possible" I said.
Hikaru nodded his head. "okay" then we went to the car. after a sad ending on a very nice date. my first date with Hikaru. and I guess my last as well
♠ ♠ ♠
that was a sad ending wasn't it.
I'm really sorry but it's gonna get worse.
please comment. I wanna know what you think.
well it's bye for now isn't it?

Jackie ^_^