Status: I'm back and editing all the chapters

Breech

Decisions

After I told Brennan I couldn't focus on anything but how he had reacted. He hadn't freaked out or anything, but the shocked look on his face was scared into my memory. The rest of the day drug by in a unmemorable blur. As I was finishing up in my last period my phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out to read the text from Brennan.

Meet me at your truck so we can talk. I sighed and typed him a quick, okay, as a response before tucking my phone back into my pocket. When school ended I took my sweet time packing all my stuff up. I even took a little time to reorganize my locker. By the time I was finished the halls were almost empty. I let out a small sigh and headed toward my truck. Brennan was leaning against the passenger door.

I unlocked my door then reached over and unlocked his from the inside.

"You know, you should really get the locks fixed in here." He said as he scooted into his seat. I just smiled halfheartedly at him.

I pulled out of the school parking lot and just started to drive, not exactly sure where I was going. We drove in silence for a few moments before Brennan cleared his throat.

"So what are we going to do?" Brennan asked. I thought about what he said for a minute and then I was crying, tears clouding my vision. I pulled the car over, parking on the curb.

"Ok, I am sorry, wrong question." Brennan said, trying to back pedal. He reached out and hugged me. It was a very awkward embrace due to our seat belts, but we sat like this for a few minutes while I sobbed.

"I am sorry." I apologized when I got a control on my tears, "I don't know what is wrong with me, or I guess I do. The pamphlet said I would be experiencing mood swings around this time." I pulled away from Brennan and sat up. He smiled reassuringly at me.

"So what did I say wrong that set you off, cause I don't want to do that again." He asked.

"You didn't say anything wrong. You said something right. I have been eating myself up since I found out, wondering how you were going to react. When you asked what are we going to do instead of what are you going to do it made me feel so much better for some strange reason. I don't feel like I am all alone in this anymore." Brennan stared at me a little shocked when I finished.

"You thought I was going to let you, my all time best friend, do this alone. I would never let you deal with something like this alone under normal circumstances, and these are far from normal cause I am the reason this is happening to you." I felt as if a huge weight was lifted from my chest as he said these words. He was still my best friend.

"So I repeat," he started again, "What are we going to do." I looked into his trusting blue eyes and I just knew that I didn't want to lose this baby, even if giving it up for adoption would have been better.

"I want to keep it." I told Brennan, my voice stronger then it had been all day. Brennan just nodded, holding my gaze before looking out the window. He took in a deep breath then let it out with an audible whoosh.

"I want you to know that you can be as involved as you want to be. I am keeping this baby because it is my decision. I want him or her. You can make up your own mind. You can be the father, or you can be the crazy uncle. What ever you decide is up to you." I told him. Brennan turned to stared at me blankly.

"I could never be in this child's life as it's uncle because I would always know that he or she is my baby." He told me. I felt my heart constrict. I didn't want to lose him.

"Oh." was all I said. His fingers were under my chin lifting my face to look at him.

"So I will have to be the father. I can't leave you alone to raise a baby that is partially my responsibility, that is against my morals." My face broke into a huge grin.

"So your going to be there?" I asked, just to make sure.

"Through all of it!" I reached over and hugged him again, relishing this hallmark moment, "But I think if I am going to be there through all of this we should try to make us work as more than just friends."

I stared at him for a moment shocked.

"I mean I want this baby to be brought into a world where it is not only loved, but sees that its parents love each other. And Lex I do love you, and in these past weeks I think I have come to love you more than friends should love each other."

I didn't know what to say, I just stared open mouthed at him.

"Say something please." Brennan told me, blushing.

"You have no idea how many years I have dreamed of you saying something like that! Of course in my dreams I wasn't pregnant with your child, but I'm still insanely happy right now." Before he could say anything more I leaned over and kissed him.

This kiss was different than the others. My heart throbbed at the sweetness of it. It wasn't like past kisses that were all heat and attraction. This kiss was like the kiss I had watched my parents share in the kitchen. It was a kiss that I could never get tired of.

When we broke apart Brennan smiled and I put the truck in drive. As I stared driving towards my house Brennan suddenly seemed to remember the difficulties of a teen pregnancy, starting with the parents.

"So uh, do you parents know?" He asked innocently enough. I just smiled and nodded, "Well I'm still alive so I am assuming they took it well enough." I couldn't help but laugh.

"It took a very convincing conversation with my father to stop him from driving over to your house the minute I told him. But he's been stewing for a while now so I am sure he has got a great lecture just waiting for you." I told him, my face apologetic.

"Well lets go get this over with!" He sounded very enthusiastic as he reached across the seat and took my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it is a very short chapter, but you got two chapters in one day, woohoo! So now everyone knows Brennan wants to be part of the baby's life. Updated!

You guys should check out the story I am thinking about starting. It wont be right away, probably after I finish one of my other stories, but I would like to hear feedback on what you-my oh so faithful readers- think. Anyway here is the link, the story is called Haunting.