Status: No bad comments please.

*** City

Chapter 2: It Never Ends

We were running through an abandoned city, trying to get back behind the wall. I could tell Frank was freaking out, but I knew we had a chance to be fine. We were away from the zombies, and not walking down the street. Frank kept looking around everywhere, making sure nothing was around us. I was looking around and all of a sudden I heard a loud moan again. I turned to see more zombies coming close to Frank. I ran over to him and grabbed his wrist. I knew there was almost no possibility of getting back behind the wall. We kept running and the zombies were coming up on us. “You call this fun?” he yelled. “Oh, it’s just begun” I said laughing. We were both quiet as we kept running until the zombies were right behind us, “I love you Frank” I yelled. “I love you to Echo” he said. We came to a door and Frank ran through it but let go of my hand as the door closed from the guards. I was screaming and yelling as a zombie picked me up. I got taken back to an old run down house. Inside it was an old theater, or concert venue. The tall zombie that carried me there put me down and I shuffled away from him and his group. I turned from them and walked around looking at everything. The group that took me was like an emo group of teenage zombies. They all had long black hair, tattoos, piercings, dark clothes. I knew they fit in with me, maybe that’s why they took me. They were sitting on couches that were in the back of the venue, I walked over to them. “Who are you?” I asked. I knew corpses couldn't talk but I thought it was worth a shot. “Can you talk?” “C-Cr-Chris” the one who carried me hear said. “Chris” I said. He shook his head. “Who’s your friends?” I asked. Chris moved to the side showing his friends, “R-R-Ricky” the one said. “R-R-Ryan” another said. “A-Ang-elo” the one said. “Dev-D-Devin.” “B-Ba-Balz.” I got their names and figured I could get to know them. “W-Who......are you?” Chris asked. “I’m Echo, you're not going to hurt me are you?” “Keep.....safe” Ricky said. “What are you?” I asked looking at them and studying them. I looked around and saw tons of music stuff. Posters. CD’s, shirts, and instruments. “Do you play?” I asked. Balz, and Devin shook their heads. “Can I see?” They both got up and walked to a bass, and a keyboard. They both started to play. “Do you guy’s play something?” I asked looking at the others. Ricky shook his head and waved Ryan, and Angelo up with him. Ricky, and Ryan went to the guitars, and Angelo went to the drums. They sounded good but if there was a singer, they would be amazing. “Do you play?” I asked Chris. He shook his head. “What then?” “S-sing” he said playing with his hand. I laughed. The other guys stopped playing and came back. “So, how long are you going to keep me here?” I asked. “Little-...longer......keep......safe” Chris said. “I know you want me to be safe, but you took me from my home” I said. Chris moaned and looked down. “No, don’t feel bad.....it’s not your fault. In a way you helped me. In a way I asked for it” I said. “Echo” Chris said touching my face. he smeared blood down my face and neck down my chest. I touched his gray, rotted hand and pushed it away. “Why me?” I asked. “Pretty” Chris said. “Do your friends know?” I asked. “They....know......mine” he said. I smiled and looked into his black eyes. “ I need food” I said realizing the time. I thought they bring me an arm, or leg or something. “What” Ryan said. I got up and looked in a few cabinets I saw hanging but there was nothing. They were all empty. Ricky and Chris got up and walked towards the door. Chris had my wrist and drug me along with him. We walked outside and there were more zombies walking around. “Act.....dead” he said as him and Ricky moaned and did a little shuffle. I shook my head stating I understood. I walked and moaned as I followed behind them. “Too....much” Ricky said. I toned it down some as we got past them and went into an old restaurant. I looked through some things. I saw some canned fruit and that’s the only things that looked good, only problem was I couldn't reach it. I jumped and pointed as Chris gave me a blank stare. “Can you reach it?” I asked. He shook his head and walked over to the shelf and pulled it down and handed it to me. I opened it up and it was still fresh, “Perfect: I said as Ricky walked towards the door. We walked back to the venue and I sat on the floor and ate. Angelo walked over to me and handed me an old beer bottle. “Oh thanks, but I don’t drink” I said setting it down. I felt the need to sleep like I was going to fall over. I put the can on the counter and walked to a couch and laid down on it and closed my eyes. Moments later I was asleep until I felt breathing on my face, I opened my eyes to seeing Chris, and Balz staring at me. “Guys....” I said sitting up. “She’s.....ok” Balz said looking at Chris and shuffling away. “Oh, I was asleep. I have to sleep in order to function” I explained. He moaned and shuffled away. I looked at my phone and it was three in the morning. I laid back down and turned facing the back of the couch. It was getting cold and I was shivering but I didn't want to be pathetic so I let it go until Chris walked over with a cover. He laid it on me and kissed my forehead. I smiled and blushed.
I woke up around ten and the guy’s were shuffling around. I was away from home for about a week and just staying with the guys. Sure there were thrills, like teaching Chris and Ryan how to drive. Watching the guy’s perform, and playing along with them. Taking pictures, and all on Devin’s camera. They took the pain from being confined in a little place away. I couldn't thank them enough and if I’d tell them thanks, they wouldn't understand. I was gone for so long that I kind of seemed home sick, I really just wanted to go home. I saw the guys standing around the counter and I walked over. Angelo hugged me, I wondered if any of them felt something for me, I wondered if their hearts started to beat again or if they felt warm, not cold. “Guy’s I need to go home” I said. “Why?” Ryan asked. “I never thought I’d say this but I miss it, in a way. It’s not you guy’s...I love you all and you're so nice. But I can’t survive out here....I’m not a zombie” I explained. “Take.....home” Chris said. “You can’t take me home” I said. “Keep......safe......take....home” he said. “Chris, if any of you go near that wall my dad will kill you, the guards will kill you” I said.