Status: Active! c:

I'm Over Sleeping Like a Dog on the Floor.

Not okay.

"Goddamnit.", I muttered under my breath and my brother turned around to look at me.

"What is it?", Mike wanted to know and I just shook my head.

"I think I lost my phone.", I said, trying to keep calm. But this wasn't easy at all. There were multiple text messages on my phone. It wouldn't be that much of a big deal if the messages were normal ones. But they weren't. Even the most stupid person would know my secret by reading them. I couldn't let that happen. This would be the end of my image. The end of me. Fuck. I needed to find it. Now. Mike laughed.

"Bad luck, bro.", he said and I faked a laugh and raised my hand.

"Mr. Fuentes?", the teacher said and I took my hand down.

"Can I go out for a minute? I feel a bit sick.", I lied and the teacher nodded. I got up and headed outside. Shit, where should I start to look for it? It could be anywhere. Hell, I even could've lost it in the bus. I walked through the hallways, always looking on the ground, trying to find it. After about ten minutes, I had been looking practically everywhere inside the building. Sighing heavily, I headed outside, still looking down. I stopped for a minute and that was when I heard a silent beeping noise. Wait. Was this my phone? Why was it beeping? Someone found it. Someone received a call. FUCK.

Whoever found my phone; I was going to kill him. Or at least make sure he was going to keep silent. I hurried to the place where I thought I heard the noise. When I saw the person who was holding my phone in his hands, I stopped dead in my tracks. Shit. This was even worse than I thought. No other than Kellin Quinn, the gay new kid at our school, stood against a wall, holding my phone in his hands. He looked at me with terror filling his eyes. He wanted to back away but forgot that he stood against the wall already. I glared at him and stepped closer.

"What did you hear? What do you know?!", I growled as I shoved him up against the wall. He whimpered a little and squeezed his eyes shut.

"Answer!", I spat, still holding him against the wall.

"I... I don't know anything, I... I swear!", he got out under his unsteady breathing. I laughed dryly. Nobody was fucking lying to me. Especially not him.

"Don't you dare to fucking lie at me, Quinn! I know you received a call! Why do you even have my phone?! Now you should better tell me what you heard or I swear, I'll put you thorugh hell.", I told him, my voice dangerously quiet.

"I... Alright, I... A guy called you and he said it was over, okay. I... I know you're gay but... I swear, I'm not going to tell anybody, ever! I promise!", he said and wiggled around, trying to escape my grip. My eyes opened wide in shock. Not because I was shocked that he knew I was gay, but because Josh broke up with me.

I put him down again and he breathed heavily, looking at me. I didn't know what to do. Josh was my first boyfriend, and we had been together for almost a year now. Nobody knew, though. And that was a good thing, I didn't want anyone to know I was into boys. Everybody would abandon me. They would call me a faggot, they would hate on me. I would be alone, all alone. But now it hit me that all I needed was Josh. And all that mattered to me was our relationship. And now that he was gone, I was all alone too. I couldn't move, or say, or do anything. I just stood there, lost in my thoughts and completely terrified and anxious.

"Are you alright?", Quinn asked quietly and I laughed bitterly, shaking my head.

"No... No, I'm not fucking okay.", I hissed and tried to remain strong. But it became even worse with every moment. Everything just became more clear with every second. I lost him. And with him, I lost my true self. He was the only one that knew almost everything about me. When I was around him, I could be myself. But now I needed to put on a mask of a person that I wasn't.

"I'm not okay.", I said quietly and Quinn came closer.

"I'm sorry, Vic. I...", he hesitated for a moment before he continued his sentence.

"I'm here if you need someone. I won't judge you. If you need to talk, I'm here.", he said and smiled. He smiled at me. After all I've put him through. After all the shit I gave him during all this time. I didn't understand this. At all.

"Why?", I asked and he looked at me, obviously a bit confused.

"Why what?", he asked and turned his head to the side a bit.

"Why do you want to help me after all that I've done to you? After I found out that you was gay I spread the word around the whole school. Everybody hates you, because of me. Why would you want to help me? I just don't understand...", I said and he smiled once again.

"Because I know how you feel right now. I know that, deep down inside of you, you're not like this. Everything you do or say inside of this building is an attitude; an image that you feel you need to keep up. But you don't have to, you know? If your friends are real friends, they'll accept you as a person. They'll accept all your flaws, as well as your good sides and your sexuality. If they don't; well, then they aren't real friends and you should quit talking to them. And I just want you to know that there are persons that accept you, even though you're gay. I do. And I don't want you to feel alone right now. I think you're a really insecure person and I want to help you and be here for you, because I know that you need someone right now."

I was speechless. How? How did he figure all of this out? He didn't know me at all. Or maybe, he knows me better than all of my friends. What he just said was right. I was still dumbfounded. And that was when I felt his arms around me. I was too shocked to do anything and just let it happen. After a while, I put my arms around him, holding onto him and crying into his shoulder.

"You will be okay. I'm here if you need me, just always remember that, Vic.", he said quietly and I knew that he meant it. That was the first time that I felt like I didn't need to hide my true self at all. The first time, I felt like I had found someone who understood everything that's been going on inside of me for years. The first time, I felt like I had found my soulmate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. So I don't know how to feel about this. Feedback? o: