Secrets & Lies

Chapter 1

Everything was difficult. Granted, why wouldn’t it be? I was on my own, after all. Hell, I’d been on my own since I was 8; ever since he killed my mom.

I shook my head, a warm breeze blowing my hair from my face.

Just thinking about him makes me sick to my stomach. I hate the fact that he’s constantly plastered all over every media surface, and I hate the fact of how he’s my father. But, no one will ever know that, except me.

Glancing at my watch, I noticed that it was now midnight.

Fantastic.

The Order’s deal was now up, and I had no choice but to abide by it. Honestly, I don’t even know why I had to go to them for help. They haven’t really done anything, and now I’m stuck with having to go and keep my end of the bargain.

I hate people. I really do.

Ever since he killed her, I’ve wanted nothing more than to just be by myself. Would he let me have that? No. So of course, I had to run. You’d think that after 7 years of playing the game, I’d have found a way out of it. Of course not. I’m cunning, I really am. I also know exactly what I’m doing, but he’s better. He always has been. No matter how safe I feel, he always manages to find me. So, I guess that that’s why I went to the Order. I love them, but I’m just not a fitting piece.

POP

I froze, slowly pulling my wand from my boot. Turning around slowly, I was faced with nothing.

All of my senses were on guard, as I got ready to fight. Yes, fight. I’m not into that running away shit.

Suddenly, I felt the air shift behind me. Whipping around, and was face-to-face with none other than Sirius Black.

I rolled my eye.

“You son of a bitch, I almost killed you!” I said.

Sirius let out a hearty laugh, and I couldn’t help but feel my anger slipping away.

“Awww, don’t be so tense, Adelynn! I’m just here to wish you a Happy Birthday.”

I frowned. He would try to make something light out of a heavy situation.

“Yay. I’m just so excited.”

In turn, Sirius’s light-hearted demeanor changed into a serious one.

“Adelynn, you know the deal. We gave you a year to figure something out, and you didn’t.”

I bit my lip, trying to not meet his gaze. He knew that he was right, and he also knew that he was one of the few people whom I wouldn’t try to manipulate. I couldn’t do it. He’s like a father to me, and he knows it.

Bastard.

“Alright. Sirius, let’s look at reality for a second. I can’t go to that wretched school, because if I do, I’ll be nothing but trouble. I hate people, you know this. Why can’t I just stay with you?”

Sirius put his hand on my shoulders.

“Addy. You know why you can’t stay with me, or be around the Order in a living situation. Harry’s got too much on his plate, and if he were to find out about you, he’d flip. Plus, Fudge agreed to letting you run free, until now.”

I contemplating running, I really did. However, I knew that Sirius would catch me.

“Fine. When do I have do this?” I asked.

Sirius took his hands off of my shoulders, and used one of them to rub the back of his head. I instantly became skeptical. He only ever did that, when he was hiding something.

“Well, Adds. It looks like now is the better option.”

My face dropped. What did he mean, now? I couldn’t go, especially not now. I had nothing to prepare me for school, no robes or whatever they wear, and nothing to set me off in the right direction.

As if reading my thoughts, Sirius spoke up.

“Look, you’ve got nothing to worry about. All of your books and everything are ready, all you have to do is go get sorted.”

I refrained from saying something snarky.

Sirius hooked his arm in mine, and gave me a reassuring squeeze.

“It’ll be fine, I promise. Hogwarts isn’t so bad.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, and I’m bad at Quidditch.”

Sirius laughed.

“You’ve got this, doll.”

And with that, everything faded to black.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that it's kind of bland.
I know what I want to do for the story, I just had a hard time starting it.

But, don't give up on me!
There's more to come.