Secrets & Lies

Chapter 4

I wanted to leave. I couldn’t believe how arrogant that stupid Malfoy boy was, and I most certainly knew that I had no place or reason being here. But then again, I really had no place to go. I was alone, and I couldn’t stay with Sirius, no matter how much he wanted me to.

All because of that stupid Potter kid.

I felt the sharp prick of tears in my eyes, and I quickly found an exit that would lead me outside. I needed someplace to think, or at least someplace where I could be by myself. I wasn’t used to this, this socializing thing. Sure, I didn’t have a problem doing it, but when it came down to actually getting close to someone, problems started to come up. To this day, I had yet to find someone that was as messed up as I was.

I sighed. Finally looking around at my surroundings, and noticed that I had managed to walk myself down to the lake.

I leaned against a tree, and felt myself sliding to the ground.

I couldn’t do this. He was back, stronger than before, and he would find out where I was.

I hated him. I hated the fact that he was my father, and I hated how he wanted nothing more than to use me for his personal gain. I know that he’s always wanted me to join his side, but there’s no way that I could ever do. I can’t just kill for fun, I can’t sit there and watch innocent people die, just because of their blood status. I can’t do it.

I’d managed to run away from it all for 15 years, but now I didn’t think that I could run anymore. I was stuck.

I felt the hot tears start to pour down my face as the realization took its toll.

I never asked for this. I never asked to be a part of this world, this destruction, this mayhem. I didn’t want to be, and I fought continually to get away from it, but it always just seemed to come back to me.

I sniffed, wiping my eyes as I noticed how late it was getting. I looked at my watch, and saw that it was well past curfew. Fantastic.

I pushed myself up off of the ground and started walking back towards the castle.

Dungeons, right? Right. I’m pretty sure that that was where the Slytherin common room was at. Either way, I was managing to get myself further and further below ground, I knew that. My footsteps echoed loudly off of the corridor walls, and I winced. I really didn’t want anyone to find me. Nor did I want to get caught, I’m fairly certain that there was some form of punishment for being out past curfew. After all, that is how it usually works.

“Well, out a little late now, aren’t we?”

I froze. God damn’t.

Putting on my best smile, I looked up, ready to charm my way out of whatever punishment was going to be given, and saw Malfoy.

I instantly felt my smile turn into a sneer.

“I don’t see how that is any of your business, Malfoy.”

He smirked.

“Love, it is business. I’m a prefect, which means that I get to give detentions for little misdemeanours like yours.”

I rolled my eyes. Hell was going to freeze over before I let this little weasel give me a detention.

“Funny. Now, if you don’t mind, I’ll be on my way,” I said, pushing past him.

I felt him grab my wrist, and then I was pulled into him.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I seethed.

He looked me up and down, before brushing a piece of hair out of my face.

“It’s dangerous for someone like you to be walking around the castle this late at night, love. Someone could be out there that would hurt you.”

I narrowed my eyes.

“The only one that anything should be frightened of in this school, is me. Now get off, I’m not going to ask again.”

He smiled at me. Actually smiled, and I wanted nothing more than to rip it off of his face.

“You’re quite sexy when you’re angry, did you know that?”

I couldn’t believe it. He was actually trying to hit on me.

Well, two can play at that came. And frankly, I knew who could play it much better.

I smiled up at him, and then quickly pushed him up against a wall.

His facial expression was all that I needed to know that I could take this further.

Pressing myself up against him, I placed my lips by his ear, tracing his jawline all the way up.

I felt him stiffen, and I smirked. He was too easy. Placing one hand on his neck, and the other on his chest, I then looked him the eyes, and brushed my lips against his.

“Don’t play with the big boys unless you’re ready to get hurt,” I whispered.

And with that, I walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just so we're clear, Addelyn is in her 5th year, as is the rest of them.

And comment, please!
I would love opinions.