Torn Between Both Good & Bad

Torn Between both Good & Bad*Part 4*

Bri left with Carlisle and on the plane ride to Forks, she turned to face Carlisle. Bri:” Carlisle, what’s the man like?” Carlisle:” He’s very sweet, he was in the Confederate Army and has a past that he doesn’t much like to talk about. He’s just great and I’m grateful for all of my children!” Bri:” So he’s not your only child?” Carlisle shook his head no, Carlisle:” The first of my children that I adopted or took in was my son Edward, then came Rosalie who found Emmet. Alice found Jasper and they both found us, you’ll love them as well as my wife Esme.” He noticed that she became quite and nervous, he stroked her arm comforting her. Carlisle:” There’s no need to be nervous Bri. Please, tell me what’s on your mind?” Bri:” Just something that I don’t understand, that’s all.” Carlisle had a feeling what it might be about but let it go for now. When they landed, he pulled his phone out after gathering his bag and hers. Carlisle:” I’m on my way home, I have someone with me. No, I’ll inform everyone when I get there.” She followed him outside and got into his car with him, when she was buckled up she pulled the photo out again. Bri:” Why does Aro and the others with him have those red eyes like they do?” Carlisle:” Have you heard of vampires, even in the movies?” Bri nodded and turned to look at him, Carlisle:” Well they’re real, Vampires that is. Just what you seen and hear in the movies isn’t true.” Bri:” So that means the stake to the heart, holy water, wearing garlic and the sun?” Carlisle:” Yes, garlic has no effect on us, same as holy water. The sun, as long as there are no one hear you and you know you’re alone, it only makes us sparkle not blow us up or harm us in any way. The only way to kill a vampire is to set it on fire once the head has been removed from it’s body.” Bri:” So the difference between you and Aro?” Carlisle was surprised that she was fast to catch up and he continued. Carlisle:” The difference between us is our diets. Aro and them consume human blood, leaving their eyes red, while my family and I consume animal blood which is why our eyes are golden. Red eyes mean they’re normal nomadic when are animalistic and to fight that urge not to feed on humans, but to live that vegetarian lifestyle takes a lot more strength, more then to just give into what your natural tendencies are too. When someone is turned into a vampire they’re considered or called a newborn, and also at their strongest. All of this is kept in the dark so the humans don’t know, and the only reason that I’m telling you all of this is because Aro gave me permission to.” He waited for her to catch on, Bri:” Wait, so Aro gave you permission to tell me. Why do you need his permission to inform me on this? I understand and promise to keep it in the dark as well. You’re wife and children are all vampires?” Carlisle:” The reason I needed Aro’s permission to inform you is that it’s against the law of the vampires to tell humans. Aro and his brothers that you met are the leaders of our kind, they enforce rules that have to be followed or we are to be punished. They are called the Volturi and are the oldest known vampires which is also why they’re in charge. And yes, my children, wife and I are all vampires except for my son Edward’s girlfriend. She’s human as well as her friend Jacob if you meet him. Don’t be nervous, my family knows you’re with me.” He looked over at her and saw her calming herself down and taking a breath, he smiled and pulled down the street. As he pulled up to his house, he saw her leaning over and heard her whisper ”WOW.” Bri:” You live here?” He nodded, Bri:” I have another question or two about vampires.” Carlisle:” Ok, go ahead.” Bri:” Do vampires have real emotions?” Carlisle:” No, but if you look at how in love Edward and Bella are, he expressed human feelings. He has also told her that the more time he spends with her the human emotions seem more natural to him. What’s your other question?” Bri:” Ok this one might be stupid, but do vampires sleep?” Carlisle:” No not at all. There’s no such thing as a stupid question by the way. Now lets go meet my family Amberia, then I can send your blood to the lab.” She put the picture of Jasper in her pocket and clutched her bag, she took a deep breath and then opened the door. She got out slowly looking around, hesitantly following Carlisle into the house. When she went in she closed the door behind her, and stood by the door. A bright blonde stood in the doorway smirking, Rosalie:” Scared we’ll have you for dinner?” Bri(smirked):” No, you don’t feed off of human blood, plus your eyes aren’t red like Aro, Marcus, Caius, Jane and the others.” Rosalie looked at Carlisle, Carlisle:” Aro told me to inform her, he gave me permission and told me to tell Amberia that she can return to Volterra anytime she likes, whenever she’d like, but he has to take care of Demetri.”
Bri began walking more into the house and away from the door, still nervous. Esme:” It’s ok honey, we don’t bite.” Bri:” Good and I know. I think being bitten once already is fine by me!” Edward came into the house with a smile, he must’ve been with Bella. Edward:” What about being bitten?” Bri:” I was by some guy with piercing red eyes in Volterra Italy on my twentieth birthday. Aro took me in, protected me from whoever attacked me but he called for your father due to the bite mostly assuming for the fact that I’m not dead or a vampire but still human. Your dad finds it very fascinating.” Edward:” Did anyone…” Carlisle shook his head no cutting him off, Carlisle:” Nope, no one did what you have for Bella. Demetri scared off the newborn, grabbed her and brought her back to the Volturi then ran.” Edward:” He smelled her scent and wanted her but changed his mind, she seems to have turned into his blood singer although she’s not. He simply desires her blood but for some reason he doesn’t want to harm her.” Carlisle nodded, Edward:” You seem smarter then you let on and look. I’m Edward by the way!” She shook his hand and nodded, Bri:” I’m Amberia but please call me Bri and I don’t find myself smart at all but thanks anyways.” She saw Edward smirk, Alice came over with a smile, when Carlisle asked where Jasper was she told him that he will be there shortly he was still hunting. Alice:” Hi, I’m Alice!” She went over to Bri and gave her a hug, Bri was surprised at first but hugged her back.
She was introduced to everyone, she looked back at Carlisle, Carlisle:” Yes, they approve.” Jasper walks in and smells Bri’s scent, he stopped right in his tracks at the door looking around until his eyes meet hers. Alice went over to him and they both walked over to the couch and sat down. When Bri saw him she was shocked, she mumbled” It really is you.” Carlisle:” Amberia, please sit.” She shot him a look but nodded, the moment Jasper heard the name Amberia, he smiled and squeezed Alice’s hand making her look at him. Carlisle:” Jasper this is Bri, Bri this is my son Jasper.” Alice looked at him, Jasper:” What’s your full name?” Bri:” Amberia…”Alice:” Jazz, what’s wrong?” Bri reached in her pocket grabbing the picture but hiding it. Jasper(shaking his head):” No, your full name?” Bri:” Amberia Jasmine (looks down)Whitlock.” Jasper looked at her shocked, Jasper:” Jazzie!” The moment she heard that nickname her eyes flicked up connecting with his. She looked confused though, she turned the picture over to show him and he did that same crooked smile as in the picture. Carlisle:” Jasper, who are you to her?” Jasper:” I’m her brother, that’s where she got the nickname Jazzie. Mom would call her Jazz but it got to the point where she’d call her that whenever she was in trouble, so I’d call her Jazzie to try and make her happy. I see you got my picture!” Bri nodded, Bri:” A soldier gave it to me, he asked for my last name that I haven’t used since I was young.” Jasper:” Then what do you go by?” Bri:” Most of the time I just leave it at Bri, but when I have to put a last name I simply would put Jazz.” Alice looked at Jasper and saw him smile like when he told of a past event. Bri:” Can I ask something again Carlisle sir?” He nodded telling her that she doesn’t have to call him sir, Bri:” I gather that it’s not normal for someone to have been bitten but remain human. Why is that?” Rosalie made a noise so Bri’s eyes went right to hers curiously. Rosalie:” Because there are two options, one you die and your body is disposed of or you die and become immortal like us.” Bri stares at her and nods, she looks back at Carlisle, Bri:” Guess this just proves that I’m far from normal like I thought.” Edward:” Normal is over rated Bri!” She giggled but didn’t look at him. They were all watching her just taking in her reactions, Bri gets up and goes outside to get some air since she feels anxious but wondering what’ll happen next. She simply sits on the steps, knees pulled to her chest simply thinking. Emmett comes out and sits next to her, she doesn’t know he’s there and when she finally realizes it she jumps. Emmett:” Oh sorry, didn’t mean to scare you. Are you ok though, is this to much to take in?” Bri:” Oh no, it’s not but thank you for asking. I always believed that there are strange things in this world. To be honest, I’m just curious what’s going to happen next. I mean I finally figured out the man in the picture who come to find out is my brother that I’ve seemed to have forgotten about or made myself forget about him. I want to know why I’m not dead or have been turned into a vampire after being bitten when there wasn’t anyone to suck some of the venom out of me. I’m curious what Carlisle will inform me of..” Emmet grabs her hand and pulled her up to stand, he looked at her in her eyes that seemed to catch the light. He could feel her pulse in her wrists and feel just how strong her blood seems to be. Emmett:” You’re all human, no doubt about that. I can feel how strong your pulse is. Just relax or I’ll get your brother to do it for you!” She pulled her hands free from his, looking up at him curiously. Emmett:” I take it Carlisle hasn’t found the time to tell you that some vampires have more then the normal abilities. (Bri shook her head no, but he could tell she was intrigued) Your brother has the ability to manipulate emotions, he can get you to calm down and relax if you can’t do so yourself. Alice also had a power, she can see into the future or has visions. Now, when you were with Aro, did he ever touch your hand? (she shook her head yes, even more intrigued them before) He has a power as well, when he touches your hand or any one’s hand, he can see ever thought your mind has had.” Bri:” Ok, what about his brothers and Jane?” Emmett smiled, Emmett:” Marcus can see or sense the relationships in people, Caius no one is sure of. Hmm, I take it you’ve met Jane. Her power is inflicting pain on people, well actually on your mind. She says the word pain, and your mind makes you believe you’re in this excruciating pain. Her brother Alec on the other hand has this black mist that emanates from his hands. Once it surrounds you from what I’ve been told, you hear, see, feel absolutely nothing. That’s what Aro does though, when he hears or finds out that a vampire had a power like those or different powers he tries to get them to join his guard and work for him.” Bri:” Alice and Jasper don’t want that, to work for him?”
Emmett shook his head no, Emmett:” No, because they abuse their power and slaughter humans. I’m amazed you made it out of there alive, Aro doesn’t know of Jasper’s power anyways. He wants Alice and Edward.” She nodded, Bri:” If anyone needs me, I’ll be up a tree.” He looked at her, tilted his head and smiled. Emmett opened his mouth to say something but then just closed it instead. Bri looked over at the trees, she felt them and when she found the right one she began climbing up it. Emmett saw that she was climbing rather fast, faster then a human should, he saw her sip and instinctively ran over to the tree. But she caught herself and kept climbing. When she got high enough she sat and relaxed, she put her finger in her mouth that was bleeding a little and began sucking on the blood, which caused her eyes to dilate.