‹ Prequel: If You Only Knew
Status: In progress

If They Only Knew

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

(This chapter will focus on what happened in chapters 13-15 in the main story.)

It took me a while to muster up the courage to actually text Chris. It wasn't until Kaley came flying back into the room after going confront Darren that I was finally convinced to do it.

"Leah!" she exclaimed, almost out of breath, as she crashed back into the laundry room.

"I'm here!" I said, instantly moving to her side. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"Leah," she said through gasps for air, grabbing my shoulders and turning me so that I was facing towards her. "I think I just got a date with Darren!"

"A date?" I sputtered with surprise. You just formally met him today and you've already got a date with him? I haven't even talked to Chris yet! I didn't say any of that out loud because I didn't want to rain on her parade.

"Well, kind of," she replied sheepishly, blushing slightly as she let go of me "I told him if he even needed an ice cream buddy that I knew a place nearby and he said that he'd have to take me up on that offer sometime... That counts as a date, right? Or am I just making this all up in my head? Oh gosh, I'm making it all up in my head, aren't I?"

"Kaley!" I exclaimed, grabbing her shoulders this time and shaking her. "Settle! Yes, maybe you could be making it all up in your head, but then again, maybe you're not. Maybe Darren is totally into you. Maybe your heartbroken tears made him realize that he had just unintentionally hurt the love of his life and now he has to win your heart back by courting you and showering you with gifts and praise."

"You're a dork," Kaley laughed, shoving me away.

"Maybe," I grinned. "But you're a bigger one and seeing as Darren's a dork too, I think that you two would fit perfectly together. Just promise me that when you two do hook up and get married that you'll set me up with Chris."

If we aren't together already, I grinned inwardly.

"I promise," she giggled. "And the same goes for you and Chris."

"Deal," I laughed as well.

Wouldn't that be dream come true for both of us? I thought to myself as Kaley turned her attention back on her work. Kaley'd get to date the man of her dreams, and I'd get to date mine... The only problem is, my dream guy is gay. How will that work out then? Will it end up being Kaley and Darren being the ones to fall in love, leaving me and Chris as just being friends?

As much as I loved Kaley, it was hard to see her starting to get her dream guy, while I would probably never even have a chance with mine. The best I could hope for was to become super close, possibly even best friends, with Chris. But I didn't just want friendship. I wanted to be loved.

That feeling grew later that night when Darren came back with Kaley and stayed late to help us wash the costumes. It stung slightly as I snuck glances over at them to find them laughing and smiling with each other. I felt a little left out and it hurt. As soon as Darren left though, I had to put on a happy face, for Kaley's sake. She was my best friend and I couldn't let my own sorrow ruin her happiness.

James showing up did not help my unhappy feelings. Dating James was one of the biggest regrets that I had. When he had showed interest in me, I had jumped at the chance to be with him. I wanted to feel loved. But though I wanted to feel loved, I couldn't give up my first kiss to him. Something held me back, which I am thankful for now. Someone much more special ended up getting my first kiss, someone who deserved it a lot more than James ever would.

It hurt to tell Kaley the truth about James, something which I had been hiding from her, but it also felt good to finally tell her the truth about him. Opening up about him, opening up about feelings that I kept hidden, finally helped push me to take a chance with Chris. After sliding into the limo that Darren had so chivalrously sent for us, I finally pulled out my phone and sent my first ever text to Chris.

Me: Hi

Chris: Hi! ... Ummm who is this? :p

Me: Opps sorry! It's Leah :)

Chris: Oh! Hi Leah! :D

Me: I just thought that I should text you so that you could have my number too, if you ever wanted to text me or talk to me or whatever

Chris: Awesome :) Thank you. I will be sure to do that :p Darren can get pretty boring to talk to hehe

Me: Roommate?

Chris: Uh huh

Me: I know what that's like. I love Kaley to death but sometimes it seems like all we ever talk about are the same things!

Chris: Which are?

I paused for a second before I answered him back. Should I be truthful or should I scoot around the truth?

Me: Glee mostly :p we're both pretty big fans of the show... and of you and Darren :p

Me: ... I didn't scare you off, did I?

Chris: Haha no, sorry. I set my phone down to help Darren with something

Chris: Got a little worried there, did you? :p

Me: No!

Me: ...maybe

Me: :p

Chris: You're adorable :p

I had to reread that text about ten time before I was able to calm down enough to reply.

Me: awww shucks! I'm blushing now :p

Chris: You're cute when you blush :)

Oh my gosh! I screamed inwardly. Did he really just say that?

Me: Well then I just got a whole lot more cuter (#^_^#)

Chris: Ah! That is too cute! I'm stealing that! (^_^)

Me: *gasp!* I can't believe that you would steal from me, Chris!

Chris: I can't help it! I love cute things!

Does that mean that you love me? I chuckled to myself. Since you think I'm cute?

Me: What does that say about how you feel about me then? ;p

Chris: I guess that I'm going to have to steal you away then too ;p

Please, I silently prayed.

Me: Gotta catch me first! :p

Chris: Game on! ;p

Me: Haha good luck! :p

Chris: I don't need luck. I'm just that awesome! ;p

Me: Sure you are, NPH :p

Chris: Haha HIMYM nice :p

Me: I thought so ;p

Me: I should let you get to sleep. First show tomorrow.

Chris: Alright :(

Chris: I'll see you tomorrow?

Me: For sure :)

Chris: Awesome :D Night Leah! Sweet dreams! :)

Me: Night Chris :D You too :p

And so it began.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for the support that you've already shown this! It's crazy the response I got in just a couple of days! :D

Thank you to those of you who have subscribed and thank you to rachelgrace31, Leah.EmmaLynn.Colfer, strawberrybubble, funkychooken, and Dezi Demize for recommeding and thank you to luvergurl010, Freddygirl, and MrsDCriss589 for commenting! I'm so glad that you guys like this so much already! There is much more to come, so stay tuned! <3