Status: Inspired by Terra Nova.

New World

Darcy Willows

“So, your date last night… how was that?”

Honestly, Darcy was hoping to walk into work that day and have Harry completely ignore the embarrassing situation he had caused that night, but of course, she wasn’t that lucky. Harry had never been the type to just let things go.

“You were there,” she said, looking down the eyepiece of one of the lab’s many microscopes. “Shouldn’t you know?”

Harry chuckled, shaking his head though Darcy wasn’t looking at him. “I meant after.”

“You were there for that, too.”

“Only briefly,” he said, rolling his chair over to her so they were sitting at the same table. “So tell.”

Darcy rolled her eyes, even though he couldn’t see her, and looked up from the microscope to meet eyes with Harry. “It was good, Haz. We’re going out again later this week.”

Harry’s lips pursed, his eyebrows furrowing as he looked at her. “Ah, I see.”

Darcy simply nodded her head before turning back to her microscope, examining every detail of the blood sample in front of her. It was hard to concentrate with Harry looming over her, but she tried her best to focus on the task at hand, even though Harry didn’t seem particularly interested in getting any work done himself.

“You know,” Harry said, distracting Darcy yet again and causing her to look up from the microscope. “I didn’t really think Dave was your type.”

Darcy let out a curious laugh, tilting her head to one side. “Why not?”

“I don’t know.” Harry shrugged as he leaned back in your chair. “I just always thought you seemed like the type to pick brains over brawn.”

“You don’t think Dave has any brains?”

“Not as much as you.”

Darcy wasn’t sure whether to thank him for his compliment or be angry that he was taking an undeserved slam at the guy she was seeing. Dave hadn’t done anything to Harry, so Darcy didn’t know why he, all of a sudden, thought it was a good idea to point out any flaws that he thought Dave had.

“I’ll have you know that before you arrived Dave and I were having a very intelligent conversation about a possible new breed of dinosaur.”

“Before I arrived you were both struggling to carry on a conversation.”

“We were not.”

Harry let out a small laugh, shaking his head. “He doesn’t get you, Darcy. He’ll never understand things the way you do.”

“Is that so bad?” she asked, folding her arms across her chest as she looked at him.

He shrugged his shoulders and pursed him lips before speaking again. “I just think you could do better.”

Darcy wasn’t sure what world Harry was living in, but in Atello, there really wasn’t much better than Dave. Their options were limited and she couldn’t exactly be picky when there were barely fifty people she could even consider possibly dating.

If it was any other person sitting in front of her, she would have argued that fact, but with Harry, she knew it was pointless. Besides that, she hated arguing with him and every time they did it seemed to go nowhere.

Harry seemed to notice that she was done with the argument and let out a deep breath, rolling away from her table and back to his. It seemed that, for the moment, they weren’t speaking, but that wouldn’t last. They’d be talking again as soon as Harry came up with something new to chat about, but until then, Darcy just focused on the blood sample in front of her and tried to ignore Harry’s words that were racing through her mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! So the other authors of this story left, so from now on it will just be me and Katie! I hope you still enjoy!