Status: Active... I think. I'll update as much as possible.

The Man With the Shield

Prologue

You know what I really love? Coming home from missions back to my brother and I’s apartment and seeing a note on the door from our landlord saying that our apartment is vacated since we left.
I come home, my brother is nowhere to be found and I’m stranded on the street of New York? I don’t think so.
I go to call Clint from my I-Phone, just as he calls me.
“What the fuck?” I answer. “Well, hello to you too Ari. I missed you too. Glad to hear you’re safe.” Clint replies. “You expect a hello when YOU DON’T TELL ME THAT YOU VACATED THE APARTMENT AND NOW I’M STRANDED IN THE STREETS OF NEW YORK?!? That’s cute. I should kill you. Slowly. Painfully. With your own damn arrows. Where the fuck are you?” I said angrily while running my hand through my hair. “I found us a new place to stay.” “Would you like to tell me where the fuck that is?” “Someone is a little pissy today.” “Obviously! I wanted to go home and sleep in my own bed for once, and I came home to this shit.” “Chill. I’ll come get you. Meet me at the coffee shop down the corner.” “Fine. You’re still a dick, Barton.” I said before I hung up.
My brother is such a dumbass sometimes.
10 minutes later
Seriously. He still hasn’t showed up. What the fuck did he do?
Just as I was about to text him the door to the coffee shop opened.
“Hey, sis!” Clint yelled excitedly.
“Shut the hell up. Why’d you leave our apartment?” I asked, sipping my coffee.
“I found a better place to stay…” He answered trailing off.
“Where?”
“Stark Tower.” He answered looking around.
“No. I rather live with Fury. I refuse to live with him, Clint.”
Clint started grabbing my bags and taking them out to the truck.
“When the hell did you get this?” I asked.
“Stark.”
“Then I won’t feel bad about driving your nice truck.” I said climbing into the driver’s seat.
“What the fuck.”

Once we arrived to Stark Tower, Clint took me up to the meeting room.
When we walked in there was five people sitting around, waiting for us.
“NATASHA!!” I screamed running over to the red-headed assassin.
“Arianna! How was France?” She asked with a grin.
“Don’t even. God, I hated them. I don’t understand why I couldn’t have just sliced all their throats.” I replied with a bored look on my face.
“Because that’s inappropriate, Agent Barton and you know that.” Nick Fury said.
“Where did Fury come from?” I heard someone ask.
“Sit Barton. We have to fill you in.” Fury said.
“Fill me in on what? Did Cupid over here hit a senator again?” I asked pointing to my brother, who in turn flipped me off.
“Knock it off you two.” Fury said.
“Anyways, Arianna you missed a lot while you were in France. This to your right, is Captain Steven Rogers. Also known as Captain America.” Fury said pointing to my right. “Ma’am, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Rogers said holding his hand out to me. “The pleasure is all mine, Mr. America.” I replied shaking his hand. Fury coughed. “Anyways. Next to him is the God of Thunder, Thor.” Fury introduced Thor to me. “Lady Barton.” Thor said as he bowed in front of me kissing my hand. “I’m flattered. Thank you?” I say not so sure to why it was necessary to bow. “We all know you’re familiar with the rest. So, now to tell you what happened…” The next twenty five minutes were spent telling me about Loki and his invasion.
“Wow.. that.. that’s a lot to take in. So, everyone here is an Avenger, but me? Stark doesn’t play nice with others, unless he wants into their pants.” I said looking directly at Fury trying to read him to figure out why I’m not an Avenger when I deserve it more than Stark. “That’s why you are here, Barton. All Avengers live in this tower. Welcome home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's bad. I'm sorry.
It'll get better in a few chapters or so. Hopefully. I'm sorry. I have amazing thoughts, I can't just put them into words so easily.