I'll Take You There And Back Again

Chapter 1

"Don’t we have any food in this house?!?!" I yelled from my place standing in front of an empty cupboard in the kitchen. Laughter erupted from the other room. Oh that's right. Living with four guys means there is never any food left. I slammed the cupboard shut before striding into the living room to glare at my four house mates, who also happened to be my best friends. Drew and Will just stared at me like I was insane while Garret and Adam just shrugged their shoulders.

"Oh don’t jump up to go with me to the store." I muttered as I grabbed my keys from the table and headed for my car outside. The life of Kacie Miller is never an easy one, especially when you add those four to the mix.

"The day of a gig and they just sit there and do nothing productive!" I mumbled to myself as I drove through the streets of Long Beach heading for Vons. As aggravated as I was with them I knew they appreciated me, well they had better seeing as I was their vocalist. That's right. I was the vocalist for Murder By Midnight, my band. We were just a local band from Long Beach, California and several of us were also college students. We had fun playing local shows in bars and clubs every now and then but lately we've been asked to play more and more.

I cracked my window and let the warm breeze flow through my shoulder length 'strawberry-blonde with blue tips' hair. I pulled my sunglasses over my black rimmed blue eyes to shield them from the sun's glare. It felt nice to get out for a bit.

~xXx~

"Do you think someone should have gone with her?" Garret asked as he heard Kacie's car squeal out of the driveway.

"Naw man she'll be fine. She needs some cooling off time before tonight." Will replied from his place stretched out on the floor. At first glance, Will sure didn't look like a drummer. He was tall, lanky, and skinny. Yet he had a set of muscles on him. His sandy colored hair hung loosely around his face and his eyes were the same shade as Kacie's, light blue. Out of the four, he was the most like a big brother to Kacie. Being the oldest of the group, he felt it necessary to be like a brotherly figure to Kacie seeing as she was the only girl. He was the one that watched out for her.

"Just so long as she doesn’t come home with any of that healthy crap then we're good." Drew smirked as he fiddled with his bass on his lap. Although he was only younger than Will by a few weeks, the way he acted would make it seem as if he were years younger. It simply amazed Kacie that he was actually going to be turning 23 this year along with Will. Poor Kacie was constantly being picked on by Drew. But that was something she was used to. It had been a trend since her freshman year of highschool. Yet if anyone other than him attempted to pick on her he would step up to bat for her. He may not have looked like a bassist, yet he was. His black baseball hat sat backward over his brown hair and his hazel eyes sparkled with mischief. He was also the stockiest of the group too. Much more of a guitarist build, yet he preferred bass.

"Dude you know Kacie. She'll come back with a variety. She always does." Adam nodded. He was always the most logical of the group. He played rhythm guitar, as well as wrote most of the lyrics alongside Kacie. Adam was the second youngest member of the group, coming ahead of Garret by three months. They were both 18 going on 19 this year. That left Kacie in the middle at the young age of 20. So close to that infamous drinking age. This summer would fix that though when she finally turned 21. Adam was the quietest of the group. Never really voiced an opinion on anything. His black hair went down to his chin and his dark brown eyes almost made them look black.

"Alright. Just checking." Garret said as he glanced at the window that greeted the front yard. Garret was Kacie's best friend. Kacie trusted him the most and would always confide in him. He also happened to be the most like her. He could be wild and outgoing but also had a shy side. He helped Kacie dye her hair and in turn, Kacie added green to his black hair for him. Garret was something else though. Although he was the youngest band member he was also the lead guitarist who could easily give any pro shredder a run for his money. And over the years, he's taught Kacie to be the same way. To put it simply, these two were inseparable.

~xXx~

"Alright boys get off your butts and go bring the groceries in." I took my sunglasses off as I stood inside the front door with my hands on my hips staring at the boys who were still in the same position I left them in. grumbling, they all stood up and filed past me and out the door. I may have been the shortest of the group, standing at 5' 7" while the guys were all 6 feet and up but they knew when I meant business. As they filed back into the house I pointed in the direction of the kitchen.

"Have fun putting them away!" Against their protests I closed the kitchen door and headed up to take a shower and get all ready for the show. Halfway up the stairs however my phone decided to ring.

"Hello?" I answered unaware of who it was since I hadn’t taken the time to glance at the caller id.

"Hey Kacie, this is Mattie." A male voice came from the other end.

"Hey hun! How's it going? You coming to the show tonight?" Mattie was a friend that I met in my music industry class in college. He sat by me. He was a year older than me but we'd run into each other on campus and occasionally go get a coffee. He was an avid supporter of our band and always told us we'd be big someday. He was a sweet guy, but just a friend none the less.

"Oh hell yeah. Do I ever miss one?" he chuckled before continuing. "Hey I was wondering if you could add another five people to the guest list. I've got some friends I'm dragging along tonight as well." Our show tonight was at a bar that had limited capacity so we were asked to make a guest list to ensure all of our close friends could get in without being hassled.

"Of course hun. I'll be sure to put you guys down. Just the six of you total?" I asked as I entered my room and grabbed the piece of paper labeled, conveniently enough, Guest List, and added "& Co." next to Mattie's name. Oddly enough, we hadn't swapped last names so I only knew his first.

"Yeah just us. Hey I've gotta run, sounds like my older brother is gonna break my front door down if I don’t answer it. See ya tonight!" and with that he hung up leaving me to return to my shower.

Thirty minutes later I stood in front of my floor length mirror trying to figure out if I liked my outfit for tonight or not. I had on a pair of black skinny jeans with a bright blue tank top that was covered by a short sleeved white hoodie shirt that had silver stars on it. Eh this would work. I pulled out my black low top converse that were pretty worn and laced them up before heading back in the bathroom to do my make up and hair. I plugged my itouch into my mini stereo I had in there and blasted a Linkin Park song. They were the one band I could warm up to. They had the calm vocals along with the screaming parts, much like some of our songs. Many people were shocked at the fact that I had such a mature voice yet I could also scream. It was a pretty rare thing to come by, especially since my voice wasn't deep by any means. After I had my hair flipping up in the right directions, had my eyeliner caked on and the rest of my make up in place I filled my many ear holes with earrings. I glanced down at my newest tattoo on my wrist and thought about how interesting it was going to be for some of our fans to see it for the first time. We as a band, had decided to get our band name tattooed on us somewhere. I decided on my wrist and had Murder By Midnight written around it like a bracelet with blue blood dripping from the words. It wasn’t my only tattoo though, just the only one that showed.

Glancing at my appearance once more I decided I looked pretty good actually. Satisfied, I walked back downstairs to find the guys decked out in their usual attire, a mixture of band tees, jeans, and cargo shorts along with Converse or Adidas. Studded belts adorned several of our waists, including mine. Drew had black shorts on that exposed his green flame that went up the back of his calf. Several of us had tattoos, some hidden, others in places that were commonly seen.

"Well you look good tonight." Will smiled from his stretched out position on the couch as he twirled his drum sticks in the air as the other guys finished packing away their guitars. We had taken his drums to the club last night so we wouldn’t have to pack them in today along with the guitars and bass. This club was one of our usual venues so they had most of the things we liked to use anyway.

Once the escalade was loaded up and we all filed in, we left for the fifteen minute drive to the bar. Hopefully tonight's show would be a blast and the fans would enjoy it.

Oh how little we knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is my 2nd story. i already have 7 chapters typed up and i plan on getting them up today hopefully! let me know what you think!