I'll Take You There And Back Again

Chapter 14

"Promise me you won't go overboard tonight Drew. I freaking mean it. I'm not hauling your drunk ass back to the bus. I'll leave you here." I was standing in the back room after our set with the guys. My hands were placed on my hips and I was glaring at him. He of all people was the worst when he was drunk. He couldn’t tell which way was up or down and there had been several occasions where I had to get him from the car to the house. That was a nightmare and took a good twenty minutes.

"Alright alright. Calm down and stop being the mother." Drew snickered as he high fived Adam.

"Well maybe if you didn't always act like the little kid I wouldn’t have to." I turned on my heel and flipped him off above my head before heading out into the hallway. The Avenged guys were set to take the stage shortly and I was contemplating heading out to the merch booth for a bit. It should be fairly empty since people would be watching their set.

"Hey JB." I grinned as I was met with the smiling face of Jason Berry who was lounging behind the merch booth with his feet on the table.

"Hey Kace. What's up? You not helping the guys sing tonight?" I took a seat in the empty chair next to him and copied his position.

"Yeah I'm still helping out. I just have some time to kill and Drew's driving me nuts again." JB chuckled as he stood up to help some guy who had walked over completely covered in sweat. Ah the joys of concerts.

"He's quite the fucker eh?" I nodded furiously. I noticed the guy's eyes were watching me closely.

"Are you going to be on stage later? I heard that you sing with the guys." He asked as JB handed him his shirt, which he swung over his shoulder.

"Sure will." I grinned before standing up so I could talk to the guy better.

"Awesome. So I heard that you're dating Synyster Gates too. Is that true?" My eyes widened slightly and JB just laughed at me reaction.

"Umm no I'm not. He's just a really big flirt is all." The guy nodded in understanding before giving us a wave and heading back into the arena. "I so don't need these rumors." I muttered as I resumed my lounging position.

"Aw but you know you like it! I actually think you two would be quite the hot couple." I cocked an eyebrow at his statement.

"Shut up JB." He lifted my feet up off the table but he didn’t stop there. He pulled them up even higher which caused me to start tipping back in my chair. I frantically tried to get back up but it was too late. I groaned as my body fell to the ground in a heap. "I hate you." I muttered before getting up and walking off.

"I love you too Kace!" He yelled after me before I heard his laughter take over. I flashed my pass to the guard and headed backstage once more. I headed to the nearest bathroom and checked myself over in the mirror, making sure I looked presentable for the crowd.

"Good luck tonight." One of the roadies winked at me as I passed him in the hall. Good luck? Why would I need that? I reached the side stage and took a seat on one of the spare speakers while I waited. The guys looked so amazing on stage.

"Alright listen up. We're going to have some help on this next song. Syn care to play fetch?" Matt and Brian both exchanged knowing smirks before Syn handed his guitar to Zacky before heading off in my direction.

"Hello there." My eyes widened as he picked me up and tossed me over his shoulder.

"Now is this really necessary?" I maneuvered my arms so they were propped on my hips as I asked Matt my question as we passed him. The crowd was going nuts with screams and laughter.

"Of course it's fucking necessary." He chuckled into the mic causing everyone to laugh again. Syn turned around so he was facing the crowd and shook sideways so it looked like I was shaking my ass to the crowd, all his doing of course. I smacked him in the back and he set me down but not before giving me a peck on my forehead. Zacky returned his guitar while Matt tossed me a mic from across the stage.

"Let's get this over with shall we?" I yelled to the crowd who responded with cheers.
I loved being on stage with the guys. It felt like I was a part of the gang. I was happy that they took to me so well. We were also able to goof off some during the song since it was a whopping nine minutes long. It was a blast. Brian was especially flirty tonight for some reason. He spent most of his time making somewhat inappropriate gestures toward me while keeping his cool all the same. He was something else.

After A Little Piece Of Heaven was over Matt launched into Unholy Confessions, a song during which I was supposed to help provide the screaming vocals for. I hadn't actually sung this song with the guys yet, but so far it was fun. Matt and I were bouncing around the stage getting the crowd pumped. I had my arms in the air trying to get them to sing louder with us.

"Oh come on! You guys can do better than that!" My voice rang out through the stadium and the response was incredible. Just about every voice could be heard as they sang along.

"Alright I wanna see the biggest fucking mosh pit out there. Give it your all!" Matt's voice was like a command. Not even ten seconds later, there was a most pit forming for the screaming vocals. I'm sure if he told these people to walk off a bridge they would. Talk about committed fans.

I made my way from Zacky's side of the stage over toward Brian and Johnny who started circling around me. If there was one thing that amazed me about these guys it was how they kept their cool on stage. Johnny looked like he was so in the zone it was scary. I don’t think anything could break him from this so called trance of his.
These guys had passion for what they did and for their fans and it amazed me.

***

"Bye guys! Thanks for coming out!" I waved to some fans who were still hanging out outside. I figured since the rest of the guys were getting drunk, I might as well chill with some fans. Well my time was up and I needed to head back in to make sure I didn't have to drag anyone to the bus. It sucked being the only girl, and one of the few people who didn't drink just yet. It may seem stupid that I don't drink, but all my life I've been holding out until I was 21. It gives me something to look forward to.

"Oh no." I heard loud laughter coming from down the hallway. I was in for it, I just knew it. I approached the door to the backroom and cautiously opened it only to be sent for a shock. All nine guys were sitting around shirtless, seven of them clutching beers, and Adam and Garret had sodas. My eyes widened as I tried to figure out why in the world they would all be shirtless.

"Umm hi."

"Kaaaaacie." Drew slurred slightly before getting up from his spot on a couch and stumbling over toward me slightly.

"What the crap Drew. I told you not to go overboard." I crossed my arms and looked to Will who just sipped his beer and shrugged. Some help he was. I glared at him before being dragged back to the couch by Drew. He plopped down and pulled me down on his lap. I just rolled my eyes before pinching his leg slightly. Drew was always sort of a cuddler when he was drunk, only with me though. Sometimes it drove me nuts, ok scratch that, most of the time it drove me nuts. I scooted off his lap and onto the floor in front of him. I leaned back against the couch and stretched my legs out in front of me.

"So why's everyone shirtless?" I asked casually while looking around at the group.
"We just felt like it. It's kinda hot in here." Matt explained and he as right. The temperature was rather warm in here.

"Care to join us?" I glared at Brian before shaking my head while the guys just laughed. "Oh come on, you know you want to." He wiggled his eyebrows at me while I just flipped him off. "Maybe later hun." He finished off his beer before popping the top off another one. There was no telling how many everyone had had so far.

"You are impossible." I muttered. Garret tossed me a water bottle which I was grateful for. My throat was feeling sort of sore tonight. I needed all the water I could get.

"So I know what Kacie wants for her birthday." I looked up behind me at Drew who had this evil grin on his face. His eyes were narrowed and his mouth was forming a smirk that I knew all too well.

"What do I want then oh drunk one." He stood up and walked over to the other side of the room. I raised my eyebrow as did several others before he spoke again.

"She wants a good fuck." Now I knew why he moved. I flew up from the ground and dove toward him.

"Drew I hate you!" My arms were out stretched as I dove but I was abruptly pulled backwards and into someone's lap.

I looked up to see Zacky had been the one to pull me back.

"I fucking swear Drew, you make another comment like that and I'll cut your balls off and feed them to you!" He knew my threat was an empty threat, but it still felt good saying it to him. The guys were all still chuckling.

"Damn I'll have to remember that as an idea." I leaned toward Brian in an attempt to get him too but Zacky's grip was making it so I wasn’t going anywhere.

"Shut up Brian." My guys knew when I growled I was getting fed up.

"Or what Kace? You gonna cut my balls off too?" I hated this side of him. The cocky arrogant asshole he was when he had a few drinks. Zacky started stroking my arms in an attempt to calm me down.

"Chill hun. He's not worth it when he's drunk." I could smell the alcohol on his breath as well.

"I'm going for a walk. Be back later." Zacky gave me a doubting look. He was probably thinking I was just saying that and that I would start going after the two of them again. "It's alright Zack." He reluctantly let go and I made my way out of the room and down the hall. The venue should be empty by now so I decided to go to my getaway place, the stage.

The ground had what I assumed to be a mixture of water and sweat on it in some places. There were also a few empty water bottles lying around and some pieces of the black and white confetti that was shaped as deathbats. I trudged to the front and sat down, letting my legs hang over the side. I really could use a shower right about now. I grabbed the bottom of my t-shirt and pulled it over my head, leaving me in just my white under-tank. I set it down next to me and leaned back so my weight was resting on my arms.

Why was I always the one he picked on? I think he picked on me more than he did Johnny lately. One minute he's nice, the next he's being a jerk. Maybe he's going through male pms at the moment. Who knows. Brian Haner was one confusing guy and I just couldn’t figure him out. One thing's for sure though, I don’t like him when he's drunk.

My thoughts wandered to my birthday. What did I want for my birthday? I wasn't big on presents, but I knew it was inevitable with these guys. And what was I going to get Brian? It was weird having our birthdays being only a day apart. I usually didn't have anyone's birthday near mine. Thinking back to Brian's gift, I figured a new fedora or something like that might do. Everyone knew how in love with those hats he was. If only he was in love with other things as well, like people. Like me. Where the fuck did that thought come from? I shook my head trying to get rid of it.

"Hey you." I narrowed my eyes at the voice and continued staring ahead of me into the empty arena. I knew who that voice belonged to. How could I not?

"Just go away." I heard his footsteps get closer and soon he was sitting next to me. I still wouldn’t look at him. I refused to.

"Ignoring me now are you?" I still wouldn’t reply so I guess he decided to take matters into his own hands. I felt his calloused fingers grasp my face and turn me so I was now facing him. He stared at me for a moment before his thumb started rubbing my cheek gently.

"You know I didn't mean it." I could smell the alcohol on his breath as he spoke. Did he mean it? He's pretty drunk so maybe he did mean it.

"I think you'll find I'm more sarcastic when I drink. I'm not one who always tells the truth like fucking Jimmy does. He's terrible." I chuckled lightly as I stared into his chocolate colored eyes. I shifted so I was lying down in his lap. He was once again stroking my hair.

"So here we have a repeat of the first night of tour." His voice was soft and raspy but I liked it.

"So you remember things when you're drunk as well." I smiled slightly and shut my eyes as his fingers moved through my strawberry-blonde and blue locks.

"That I do. And I remember this position quite well."

"And why is that?"

"Because it's not often you get to have a beautiful girl lie in your lap and let you help them relax." That was indeed what he was helping me do. I could feel my body calming down from the night still. Usually a shower helped but right now this was doing the job just fine.

"Yeah and you'd have plenty of girls dying to lie in your lap if you let them." I could feel his body vibrate as he chuckled under his breath.

"But that's the thing. I don’t let many girls do that, just you."

So maybe I changed my mind. Maybe I do like him when he's drunk.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this part was sorta boring. ive had the worst week ever and it still hasnt gotten any better.
my mom's in DC scoping out the place with my dad before we move in a month and im stuck being the taxi service for my sibs back here. it sucks and i'm flat out exhausted!