I'll Take You There And Back Again

Chapter 20

"What do you mean he broke his arm? How the hell did Mike break his arm?" I listened to Zacky's voice get louder from my spot perched on top of an amp. My legs were swinging back and forth gently hitting the backside of it. The guys of Avenged were currently all standing on stage talking to the head tech that was looking rather stressed out. It was only nine in the morning but we had been asked to come in early. Apparently to listen to Zacky groan and moan about how his guitar tech had just broken his arm and had to be taken to the hospital.

"You do have a replacement on the way right?" I could tell he was on the verge of hysteria. Mike had been Zack's tech for years and knew his guitar settings better than I think even Zacky did.

"We do. But we need someone to go pick them up from the airport." At the mention of an outing I immediately hopped down from my spot and raised my hand while jumping up and down.

"I'll do it! Send me!" All heads snapped in my direction when I had spoken. They looked skeptical but I just shrugged and continued to hold my hand up. Giving a sheepish grin I lowered my hand but still looked expectantly at the group hoping they would let me go.

"Do you even know where the Atlanta airport is?" Brian teased knowing that I had no idea at all. But thankfully for me I had an answer ready.

"No. But that's what the GPS systems in the cars are for. Duh!" Brian's smug face fell slightly before sighing knowing I was indeed right. It's not like anybody else would know where the airport was either.

Matt shoved his hand into his jeans pocket before tossing me a set of car keys. "Just don't get lost." He advised as I grinned.

"So how will I know who I'm picking up?" The tech, who's name was Jeff, turned to me.

"I'll give them a call when they get off the plane and tell them to look for you. They already know who you are. The flight is a United flight so just hang out at the baggage claim." I nodded before skipping over to the guys and giving Brian a peck on the cheek before turning heel and skipping back off the stage.

I raced to the airport as fast I legally could. I was anxious to meet this new tech. Too bad I didn't even have a name to start with. I parked and put the parking lot time ticket into my wallet before heading inside to the baggage claim. Pretty much the only things I knew were that it was a United flight and that it was coming from Los Angeles. I was sure to try and keep a low profile. You'd be surprised at how much I actually got recognized these days. Touring with the guys really gave you a lot of exposure.

Walking up to the boards I checked and saw that the only flight from Los Angeles would be coming into claim four. I made my way over and stood leaning against one of the walls looking for someone who could possibly be a guitar tech. People were starting to arrive slowly and started to gather around the belt where the bags were. Still no guys who looked like a guitar tech. I guess I was being a tad bit stereotypical when I was looking around but we have to remember this is Avenged Sevenfold we are talking about. Almost everyone associated with them is either tattooed or pierced in some way.

I watched as more people came down the escalator but one person in particular caught my eye. A girl who looked to be around my age had just stepped off and was looking around as if she were waiting for someone. I watched her shrug and go stand by the baggage claim not far from where I was standing.

She reminded me a lot of myself in a way. She stood at about five foot five making her a few inches shorter than myself. Black skinny jeans clung to her legs and her feet were adorned with a pair of worn black converse, much like the ones I currently had on. Her black and red My Chemical Romance t-shirt matched well with her black hair which also had red streaks in it. She had sunglasses perched on top of her head that would be covering her chocolate brown eyes once she got outside. I watched as she quickly snagged her bags from the belt and looked around once more. Her head swiveled in my direction and I watched as he eyes lit up. She lugged her bags over and smiled at me.

"Hi. Are you Kacie by any chance?" I grinned back. She had a contagious smile. I was secretly crossing my fingers that she was the tech and not just another fan.

"That would be me." I let a curious smile grace my lips as her eyes widened in excitement.

"Oh sweet! I'm Becca. I'm the emergency guitar tech." She rolled her eyes as she said emergency but laughed it off. I was secretly saying prayers of thanks for sending me another girl. Not to mention a girl who I immediately knew I would get along with. I raised my arms up and threw them around the poor girl who awkwardly hugged me back.

"You have no idea how glad I am to see you! Oh my goodness you totally made my day! Now I won't be the only girl on tour anymore!" I released her and did a little jig of excitement while turning in a circle. She followed suit and then we both laughed. We chatted all the way out to the car and I asked her random questions driving back to the venue.

"So, teching for Zacky V. eh? I hope you're good because that man is picky sometimes." I watched her face glow a light pink at the mention of Zacky's name. Oh this was going to be good. Now to play a bit of matchmaker while on tour.

"Yeah. I know his parts already. I've been playing since I was really little. So tell me what the guys are like. In both bands. And about you and Brian." I smiled as I watched her head turn to look at me in interest.

"Well, the guys are all a great group. In my band there's Drew who is the crazy partier, Will who is basically my older brother figure, Adam is the shy quiet one, and Garret is like my twin in a sense. I've grown up with all of the guys." She nodded in acknowledgement before I continued. "As for the Avenged guys, they are all you've ever heard about them. They drink, party, and are the nicest guys ever. But surprisingly they aren't manwhores like most people think they are. They all have wild sides but can be serious when they need to be." I got quiet but she turned to raise her eyebrow at me.

"And you and Brian?" Damn. No getting out of it apparently. I sighed letting a slight smile grace my lips.

"Brian and I are dating. Not really much more to say." I shrugged as she gave me an incredulous look.

"That's it? No juicy bits yet?"

"Nope. Not really. We have our small arguments here and there. But nothing too bad. We're just like every other normal couple I guess."

"Yeah except for the fact that he's famous and wanted by many girls and you're reaching stardom yourself my dear." She was indeed right. And fame was a force to be reckoned with.

"That's true." We just chatted the entire way back to the venue. I learned she had been playing guitar for a very long time and was stoked to have been asked to come tech for Zacky. I also found out that she had quite the crush on the tattooed guitarist as well. She was my age, only a few months older but was still new the whole twenty-one thing. Another fresh piece of meat for the guys to poke fun at. But she would be under my watchful eye and I was going to make sure she fit in just fine.

"So are you alright with staying on our bus? We've got an extra bunk and I think you'd like that better than being stuck on the tech bus. They all smell over there." She and I both let out laughs and she nodded enthusiastically before grabbing her bags from the car and following me to the bus.

I input the code and the doors swung open as I led her aboard. The guys were scattered around the bus and all looked up at my entrance.

"Alright ladies listen up! This is Becca, the new guitar tech who's replacing Mike. She's staying on here because I said so." The all grinned at my schpeal but stood up to greet the newest tour member. I watched and grinned as they all introduced themselves. I took Becca's bags and made my way back down the hallway to place them on her bunk for her.

"So you got your wish huh?" I turned and spotted Garret leaning against one of the walls looking at me. "Another girl." He shook his head in a joking manner but I just scowled.

"Oh you bet man! I'm no longer the only one! Oh this is going to be so much fun!" He laughed before coming over and hugging me from behind.

"You should go take her to meet the rest of the guys." He let go and winked before going into the back room most likely to play Guitar Hero.

I smiled and went back to retrieve Becca so I could go show her off to the other guys like Garret had suggested. I stopped in the entry way and saw that Drew had her laughing at something he had said. She was going to fit in just fine. I knew it.

"Hey Becca, do you want to go meet the other guys? We can get you situated with Zacky's stuff after. Oh and I put your bags on your bunk. It's across from mine." A grin appeared on her face and she nodded before waving to the guys and following me off the bus.

"Just a warning." I stopped outside of the A7X bus and turned to face her. "You never quite know what you're going to get when you walk on their bus. You may get them all dressed, in towels, boxers, sleeping, drinking, or the bus may flat out look like a bomb went off." She started laughing hysterically while I just shrugged telling her I was serious about this.

"I sort of expected that from them to be honest. They are guys after all." She rolled her eyes and I nodded, agreeing wholeheartedly. I put in the code to their bus and slowly poked my head in to make sure we didn't walk in on something that would scar us for life. Matt was sitting on one of the couches reading and watched me curiously.

"You can come in you know." He chuckled causing me to glare at him. I stepped up the stairs and grabbed Becca so I pulled her along behind me. Matt sat there looking at us curiously. I was hoping he would figure out who she was but I soon huffed realizing that he wasn’t going to.

"Matt this is Becca. She's the new guitar tech!" I paused for an added dramatic effect which caused him to laugh at me even more.

"They don't appreciate me enough." I mumbled to Becca who laughed before going over to hug Matt who had now stood up and had his arms held out.

"Nice to meet you. So it looks like Kacie finally got her wish and now has another girl around. Yo Syn your piece of ass is back!" My jaw dropped and I smacked Matt in the chest playfully as Brian came bolting out of the back room and down the hallway before tackling me to the ground.

I let out an 'omph' sound as we hit the floor and I groaned since his weight was all on me. "I missed you." He said as he pecked my lips. I heard Becca laughing the background and apparently Brian did too because he raised an eyebrow before helping me stand once more.

"Well me too but that doesn’t mean you have to tackle me! By the way, Brian this is Becca, Zacky's new tech." She gave a shy wave and Brian nodded in reply. The rest of the guys came out from the back room laughing but all stopped when they noticed there was a new body in our presence. I sighed realizing that I had to do introductions again.

"Guy this is Becca. Becca these are the rest of the lovely members of Avenged Sevenfold. Jimmy, Johnny, and Zacky but you already knew that. Zacky Becca is your new tech." I watched as his eyebrow raised and he looked very skeptically at poor Becca who was looking sort of star struck. She gave a small wave and I watched her eyes widen as Zacky took a step towards her.

"So. They sent a chick eh? You sure about this? I mean can you handle teching for me?" I rolled my eyes as Zacky spoke. Brian had since wrapped his arm around my waist and had pulled me against his chest. Zacky's words didn’t seem to phase Becca. A smirk had in fact since graced her lips.

"I'm sure I can handle it. I've been playing guitar since I was ten. And I already know all your parts so it should be a piece of cake." I felt Brian's chest rumble as he laughed lightly as did the other guys. Zacky looked sort of shocked but regained his composure rather quickly.

"Mhmm I see. Well shall we go test those skills on stage then?" Becca looked over to me so I nodded and led the way off the bus. It was still rather early but techs were already bustling about getting things ready. Brian grabbed my hand on the way there and held it until we reached the stage. I smiled at the gesture but then smirked when I saw one of his guitars sitting on a stand on the stage. I turned and gave him a wink before strolling over and grabbing it. I pulled the strap over my shoulder at the same time that Becca did to Zacky's guitar. Good thing she was left handed or that could have been a problem. She quickly checked to make sure things were in tune before turning to me.

"Wanna go with a classic? Beast and the Harlot?" I nodded my head and made my way to where she was standing. The guys were all standing around watching us intently. "From the top?" She asked again and I winked before counting off.

We started playing and man did she know her stuff. I added in the vocals just for the heck of it. She looked at me and smirked as we approached the solos. Our fingers moved effortlessly over the fret board as we nailed each note, taking the guys by surprise. Our backs were perched against eachother much like Syn and Zacky did. We finished off the song to a round of applause and yells from not only the Avenged guys but mine as well. I had failed to notice their presence on the opposite side of the stage.

"Alright. She can stay." Zacky huffed after realizing that she really did know her stuff. I grinned and high fived Becca who I noticed was carefully watching Zacky. I didn’t know why Zacky was acting this way toward her being here but it was starting to bug me. Here I was, happy to have another girl on board and all he could do was huff and puff. We'd have to see about that.
♠ ♠ ♠
here ya go Becca!!! all for you!

thanks goes out to...
ravendove2007
astro.zombie.dee
and Kacie and Becca of course!

so for those of you who also read my ZV story... i've hit a snag and had to scrap the chapter i was writing and start over. so bare with me! its testing my patience but i shall get it done! soon!

thanks for reading! hope you guys like it!