I'll Take You There And Back Again

Chapter 21

"Looks like you're going to have a lively crowd tonight." Becca smiled as she made her way off stage after making sure everything was all set up for Zacky. The last two days had held nothing but tension between Becca and Zack. He for some reason wasn't getting along with her and it bugged me to no end. The rest of the guys adored Becca so far so why Zacky was being a butt head about her was beyond me.

"Oh great. Are they really that rowdy?" I chuckled as she just laughed.

"Oh yeah. It’s a great night for some mosh pits that's for sure. Maybe we can chuck Zacky out into one."

"Yeah! And watch him get eaten alive by the teenies!" We high fived before I spoke up once more. "I swear I'm going to find out what his issue is." It was almost like he was going through a couple of days of male PMS, which wasn’t like him at all.

"Don't worry about it. He must just not like me being here. I'm sure he'll get over it eventually." She ran a hand through her red streaks that were looking sort of disheveled tonight. Much like mine would be after a show. She had worked hard out there to make sure everything was perfect for the guy who was being a jerk. She gave a wave saying something about having to go find some more cables before she turned on her heel and headed down one of the halls. I sighed and decided to head back to one of the dressing rooms to see who all was still around. We had a good hour and a half until we were set to go on so I had some time to kill.

As I made my way into the room I noticed the only other person occupying it was Zacky. Perfect. He looked up at me and started to stand but I pointed my finger at him. "Don't you dare move." He visibly gulped and sat back down placing his guitar back in his lap.

"What the hell is your deal Zacky?" He looked nervous as I spoke but I don't blame him; I wasn’t in the best mood with him. And no one was around to save him at the moment.

"I don't know what you're talking about." His gaze moved around the room probably looking for a way out.

"You do to. What is your deal with Becca?" I placed my hands on my hips. A clear indication that I was going to take no crap from him.

"I, well, I just. You can't tell anyone ok?" At this I raised an eyebrow. "I like her. But I'm scared to get too close because of what happened with Gena. She cheated on me and I'm not sure if I'm ready to have another relationship just yet. I just need some time." Now that was understandable.

"I understand. But that doesn’t mean you have to be a complete jerk to her. You can still be nice you know." I went to sit next to him on the sofa and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder in a friendly manner.

"I know. And I'm sorry. I guess I'm just not sure what to do. But I'll be nice I promise. I know that she means a lot to you, especially since you're now not the only girl." I nodded my head and relaxed back into the couch as the door opened and we looked to see Brian entering the room. He raised an eyebrow at Zacky's arm that was around me still.

"You're not trying to steal my girl are you Vengeance?" Zacky removed my arm and stood up from the couch.

"Nope. She's all yours. I've got a tech of mine to go find." I think Brian's face just became more puzzled as Zacky strode out of the room in search of the aforementioned female guitar tech.

"Did he say he was going to look for Becca? Is that what that translated to?" He asked as he took Zacky's spot on the couch and replaced his arm around my shoulder.

"That is exactly what it translated to. Let's just say Baker has some apologizing to do."

"I see. So are you ready for tonight?" I looked into his chocolate eyes and grinned.

"Am I ever not ready for a show?"

***

To put it simply, I was exhausted. I wanted nothing more than to climb into my bed and collapse for the night. But no. That wasn't an option. I was told to shower and get changed because we were going to a bar. The show was, just like Becca had said, lively. The crowd was incredible and I put so much energy into our performance that I was ready to drop. But here I stood, setting my eyeliner down in my make up bag and walking out of the bathroom to greet the rest of the crew.

My thoughts were a jumbled mess as I walked off of the bus and into the bar with everyone. Becca was rather upbeat tonight. It was her first chance to party with the guys and I could tell she was excited. I just kind of followed everyone to a booth that was toward the back. Everyone sat down and ordered drinks. I could tell they were all planning on getting completely smashed tonight. While that wasn't on my agenda a few drinks were in order. Someone had to maintain the order on this tour.

Becca stood up saying she would get the first round and pulled me up with her as she stood. I followed behind her and we stood at the bar for a few minutes waiting to get the rounds.

"So Zacky apologized to me. I think we're on ok terms for now. Thank you for talking to him though." She grinned as she picked up one of the two trays of drinks that had been set in front of us.

"You are very welcome hun. There was no reason for him to be a jerk. He's really not like that at all. I don't know what got into him." So maybe that last part wasn’t true. I knew exactly what his deal was, but I wasn’t about to tell anyone that. I smiled back and picked up the other tray before weaving our way back over to the guys.

Becca and I passed out the drinks and it was only a matter of minutes before Jimmy was up to get the next round. I was trying to take it slow since I wasn’t a get plastered within the first ten minutes kind of girl.

When Jimmy returned he sat down and joined in the jokes Drew was telling. I swear those two were trouble when placed together. I looked across the table to where Brian sat and couldn’t help but wonder why he chose not to sit by me. In fact, he had barely said a word to me since before the concert.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down to my glass. I swirled the ice and amber liquid around while tapping my foot on the floor to the beat of the music. I looked around to find that this bar was hopping. The bartenders looked like they were never going to get a break from making drinks. Their expressions looked much like my own, exhausted still.

I felt Becca nudge my side with her finger and look questioning from me to Brian who was helping to pick on poor Johnny at the moment. I guess I'm not the only one to notice he hasn't been talking to me. I just shrugged not really knowing what to say because in reality I was lost too. I sighed and motioned for Becca to follow me to the bathroom to talk.

"What's going on?" She asked as she leaned back on one of the sinks with her arms folded.

"I have no idea. I'm as lost as you are. Before the concert everything was fine and since afterwards he hasn't said boo to me! He barely even looked my way tonight." I leaned against one of the stalls opposite her and looked down to the tiled floor.

"That's really weird." I just nodded. "Want to head back?"

"Sure." I stated before leading the way out of the bathroom and back down the hallway toward the main bar. I glanced around and stopped dead in my tracks causing Becca to run into my back.

I was frozen and speechless. People were turning to look at me seeing as I was blocking one of the main paths.

"Kace what's wrong?" Becca side stepped me and stood in front of me to follow my gaze to the bar. I heard a growl come from her mouth as she spotted what had stopped me in my tracks.

Standing with his back to the bar was Brian. Now normally this would be a typical sight. But what made it abnormal was that he had his hands on a blonde's waist as he kissed her. Her hands were running down his chest and they both looked to be enjoying eachother.

I felt my face contort into anger as I started to stride toward them. Becca looked frantic and I heard her yelling something out to Zacky. Tears threatened my eyes as I got closer.

"Brian you mother fucker!" I screamed causing the two of them to break apart. Brian's eyes got as wide as saucers as he pushed the girl away. I lunged forward at the blonde but was pulled back by a pair of tattooed arms that I recognized as belonging to Zacky.

"You bastard! How could you?" I yelled once more.

"Kacie! I didn't know I swear! I…I…"

"Oh shut it Brian! If you want to kiss some tramp you be my guest! See if I fucking care ever again! You're not even drunk yet! How would you like it if I kissed some guy when I wasn't drunk eh?" I stormed off toward the table to let the other guys know I was leaving. When I approached they all looked at the tears coming from my eyes. I angrily wiped them away as Garret stood up to hug me.

"What happened?" At his question Brian came stumbling toward us with Zacky and Becca trying to keep him away. I was more than willing to give him a lovely black eye if need be.

"He's what fucking happened. I'm going to the buses." I turned and high tailed it to the door but I was grabbed by my arm and pulled back inside. Getting ready to throw insults back at Brian I turned and was surprised to see it was Zacky. I pulled my arm out of his grasp not wanting to talk and took off running through the parking lot ignoring his yells.

My vision was blurred by my tears as I made my way to my bunk. I flopped down and buried my head in my pillow after shutting the curtain.

Is that why he was so distant tonight? Because he had been eyeing up the blonde? Was he tired of being with me after such a short period of time? Did I do something wrong? Millions of questions flooded my mind until I heard the door of the bus open and then shut once more. I heard my curtain being pulled slowly aside and felt a hand rub my back as I let my tears out still.

"Shh it's ok hun." I recognized Matt's voice and felt him shift and lie down next to me. I turned so I was facing him and buried my face in his chest.

"Why did he have to do that Matt? Am I not good enough for him?" I sobbed as my body shook. One of his arms continued to rub my back gently while his other pulled my head further into this chest.

"Kace you are plenty good enough for him. Trust me on that." He paused for a moment as if contemplating what he was going to say next. "Sometimes Brian can just be a douche. I don't know what happened but he had his head way too far up his ass tonight to see what he was doing I think. He told us he just wasn't thinking, which is painfully obvious to the fucking max. I do happen to know that he feels terrible back there for what he did." I scowled for a moment.

"He fucking should. He at least could have been drunk while doing it. Then maybe he could have had a better excuse." Matt sighed knowing that this was going to be a hard fight to come out of.

"I think you need to get some sleep. I know for a fact you're exhausted as shit." I nodded slowly and closed my eyes not wanting to talk about it any more for the night. It was going to be hard to face Brian at the next stop. Matt kept rubbing my back and before I knew it I was out like a light.

***

I vaguely heard footsteps and mumbled voices coming from somewhere on the bus when I awoke. Matt was gone and I assumed I had slept for a good amount of time. I kept my eyes shut and tried to hone in on the voices.

"Do you think someone should wake her up?"

"Fuck if I know. It won't be me that's for sure."

"Yeah I'm sort of scared of what sort of mood she'll be in after last night."

I grumbled hearing them argue over who was going to wake me up. "Can you guys just shut up?" I groaned and immediately their voices stopped. I heard someone being pushed forward toward my bunk and the curtain slid back to reveal Drew.

"Hey babe. Sleep well?" I could see the sincerity in his eyes as he spoke. It was rare to see the serious side of Drew but it was welcomed when it did surface. He had his usual baseball hat on backwards and was already dressed for the day.

"I slept as well as I could considering there was cheating boyfriend on my mind." His smile faded a bit and he helped me slide out of my bunk. His arms pulled me into a hug and I just stood there cuddled against his chest.

"You guys will work this out. I just know it. He feels terrible you know." I nodded as I pulled away. He grabbed my hand and led me toward the front of the bus. I followed behind him and was greeted by not only my own band members and Becca but the addition of Jimmy and Johnny as well. I let out a groan as I noticed the guys eyes traveled to my body. I was only in a too short tank top and some girl boxers seeing as it was my pjs. Someone must have changed me last night. Most likely one of my guys which didn't bother me. I crossed my arms over my chest and mumbled that I would be right back before turning and walking back toward the bunks. I pulled out a tee and some jeans before heading into the bathroom to change. I came back out and went back to join everyone. I took a seat in between Becca and Jimmy on one of the couches.

"So why don't you guys have hangovers?" I asked no one in particular. They all sort of looked at eachother knowing something that I didn’t.

"Well we really didn't go overboard." Johnny said. "But Brian did." He added softly. I scowled at the mention of his name.

"Serves him right. I hope he's puking his guts out right now." My tone was harsher than I meant it to be and I saw as Becca looked at me worriedly.

"He would be doing exactly that. Zack and Matt are on our bus helping him." Johnny's words stung a bit. Part of me felt as if I should be the one helping him but he doesn’t deserve that compassion from me at the moment in my opinion. "He basically drank himself to no end last night."

I stood there for a minute before deciding I needed some fresh air. Everyone was still looking at me with sadness in their eyes and I really didn’t want to have to deal with everything right now. I snagged my phone off of one of the tables and made my way out into the sunshine. The parking lot of the venue was empty and the only sounds came from the air conditioning that was cooling the buses. Cars could be heard speeding by on a nearby road. I opened my Voyager phone and typed in a search for Starbucks. I hoped there was one nearby because my sanity depended on it at the moment. I sat on one of the curbs as I searched and found out there was one just across the street from where I was. Standing back up I saw that Zacky and a freshened up looking Brian were walking off of their bus. I turned and started to walk away but was stopped in my tracks.

"Fine be a bitch and run away from me. I said I was sorry Kacie." I turned and glared at Brian before moving closer to where he and Zacky stood.

"Me? Being a bitch? Well excuse me for being mad that my boyfriend was making out with some blonde bimbo last night when he wasn’t even drunk off his ass yet!" I yelled back in retaliation.

"I told you I was fucking sorry! What else do you want?" His temper was flaring and I could tell this wasn't going to end well.

"I don't know what I want Brian. But it's going to take awhile for you to gain my trust back. I mean, what's to keep you from doing it again? Am I not good enough for you? Is that the issue? You sat there and didn’t even utter a damn word to me last night! Let alone sit by me. Did you just want a night out with the guys? Like old times and I was ruining it by being there? Was that it?" I saw Zacky wince at my yelling.

"Now you're being fucking stupid! Don't make assumptions when you've got no idea! So I screwed up. Big fucking deal. We all have. You don't have to be so damn jealous about it." I could feel the fire growing in my eyes as he spoke.

"Jealous?!" I screamed as I made my way closer to him. "Let me tell you something Synyster Gates. I had a right to be jealous! Want to know why?" I was right up in his face as I spoke. I saw him gulp at my sudden anger. "Because I'm your fucking girlfriend you asshole." I seethed between my teeth. It was then that I turned on my heel and was surprised to see that my bus had been evacuated and everyone was now looking at the two of us fighting. Matt had even joined and was standing on the steps of their bus. I stomped past everyone and grabbed Becca's arm dragging her along with me. She stumbled to keep up seeing as I was moving as fast as possible to get out of there.

She and I stood in line at Starbucks. I was trying to push back the tears that were threatening to fall as I ordered. We picked up our drinks and sat down at one of the corner tables before I could hold on no longer. Tears spilled from my eyes as Becca frantically pushed napkins in my direction. I heard her try and say soothing words but nothing was helping at the moment. I picked up one of the napkins and dabbed at my eyes seeing that my eyeliner from last night was starting to run down my face again.

I slowly took a sip of my iced drink and tried to hold the tears back. That plan failed in action however when I let out a wail and more tears spilled. Becca came around and sat next to me, wrapping me in a hug.

"I don't get it Becca. How can he be the one to cheat on me and then turn into an asshole as well? I just don't get it!" She rubbed her hand over my back in an attempt to calm me down just as Matt had last night.

"I honestly don't know hun. I don't know what was going through his mind and there really is no reason for him to be mad at you. He needs to get over himself." I nodded and pulled back wiping my eyes once more. We sat there in silence for a few minutes neither one of us knowing quite what to say. My tears were stopping and I was starting to calm down. I needed to get a grip or I'd be a wreck on stage tonight. I just had to get through this show and then tomorrow we had the day off and I could mope all I wanted to. Although something told me that with these guys I wouldn’t be allowed to mope no matter how much I wanted to. Becca looked at her watch before standing up from her chair.

"I think we need to head back. The guys are probably getting worried." I nodded knowing they in fact were considering my phone had vibrated several times and I had ignored it all together.

As we approached the buses I saw Brian arguing with Zacky and Jimmy through one of their windows. I watched for a second before hanging my head slightly and following Becca onto our bus.

This is so not what I need right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
ohhhh the drama is a brewing... just like the coffee i'm drinking was haha!
so please give me some feedback on this part. i'm terrrrible with fights so i hope this went ok.

thanks to everyone who commented, subscribed, or added me as a friend! it means the world to me!

and ps.... i'm up to 9 stars! i went from 6 to 9! wow you guys are awesome!