I'll Take You There And Back Again

Chapter 22

I sighed lightly as I sat in my bunk the next day. A black leather photo album laid open on my lap as I flipped through pictures of myself and my family over the years. My curtain was once again closed as a few tears fell after realizing how much I missed my family today. The whole fiasco with Brian had caused me to become extremely emotional and unbalanced. One minute I was crying, the next I was yelling at someone for some unknown reason.

Last night's show was probably one of my least favorites. I was able to pull through our set but I was a wreck when I had to go sing with the guys. On the outside I looked to be fine. I could put on a good mask for the fans when I needed to. But inside I was being torn to shreds much like Brian's guitar was. I had never seen him play with such force and anger before. Every now and then I would turn to face him and would receive a glare which I returned.

I had asked Matt ahead of time if I could help out on Unholy Confessions for the sole reason of me getting to let out some of my pent up anger by getting to scream with him. He of course, obliged and I had a ball. I put my everything into those screams. All my anger and frustrations toward Brian were released in the shrill sounds my vocal chords had made.

Flipping the page I was treated with a picture of me and the guys after our first gig. It was the first time I had ever screamed for a crowd and it had gone over extremely well. The five of us were standing against one of the black walls in the club. I was in the middle grinning and Garret had his arms wrapped around me from behind. Will was off to my left and was leaning in to lick my cheek very dramatically while trying to keep Drew back with his arm. Drew and Adam were behind us all and had made crude gestures toward the cameras while trying to come around to the sides. They of course, had gotten a good talking to from their moms for that but it was a good picture nonetheless. It was a band favorite and would explain why it was in this album.

I continued flipping through pictures of my family and the guys. The memories captured on stills ranged from beach parties to concerts to Disneyland trips and everything in between. I sighed taking one final look of myself standing next to Garret after getting off of Splash Mountain at Disneyland. We were soaked from head to toe. I gave a small grin and shut the album as I sighed.

I shifted slightly before sliding my curtain open and hopping down from my bunk. My sock covered feet trudged into the main part of the bus before they stopped in front of the window. The guys had yelled back toward my bunk awhile ago that we had stopped for food but I had insisted I didn't want anything. I glanced out one of the bus windows to see we were parked in a Chick-Fil-A parking lot. I looked down to my stomach to hear that it was complaining about not having any food yet today. I gave a meek grin before heading into the bathroom.

I looked at my attire which consisted of a pair of black basketball shorts and a white tank top. My hair was a mess and my makeup was slightly smeared. To put it simply, I looked like a mess. My hunger outweighed my desire to freshen up and I found a pair of flip flops to replace my socks. I grabbed my wallet out of my abandoned purse and set foot off of the bus. I could feel my eyes drooping from exhaustion as I entered the building. I made a quick glance around and saw everyone sitting at a few tables that had been pulled together. I was quick to avoid anyone's eyes, especially Brian's, as I placed my order. I knew they were watching me. I could feel their stares on my back as I faced away from them.

The lady at the counter smiled at me before handing me my bag and milkshake. I grabbed some ketchup and napkins and shoved them into my bag. I made one last glance in the direction of my band mates and new found friends. Sure enough they were all watching me still. I quickly looked away and hung my head before shuffling back out the door but not before hearing some arguments start up over at the tables.

I opened the door to the bus and stepped inside before sitting at the small table. I pulled out my food and scattered it over the hard surface in front of me. I looked around and reached out to grab a Sudoku book, something I only did when I needed to relax. I flipped it open and wrote the first number in as I dipped a waffle fry in ketchup. I raised the straw of my milkshake to my lips and took a long drink. My eyes widened as I realized I had forgotten to get the cherry out. I set it down and saw it was sort of far down. I tried reaching in but my fingers wouldn’t reach with the lid. I popped the lid off and set it upside down on the table before reaching in again this time to reach my desire.

I looked up and was startled by a pair of blue eyes sitting in front of me. A pair of eyes to which I had not heard the owner even enter the bus. My hands fumbled a bit and before I could react my milkshake was now in my lap.

"Ah shit! Cold! Damn it Jimmy! Get me a towel!" His grin never left his face as he laughed and rushed away only to return with a towel in hand. I quickly wiped it off the best I could before running into the bathroom to strip off my shorts. I cracked the door open somewhat and saw Jimmy standing there with a new pair of my basketball shorts in hand. He handed them to me and I placed them on the counter as I wiped my bare legs with a wet wash cloth to get the sticky substance off of them. Scowling I pulled on my new shorts and placed the old ones in the wash pile before leaving the bathroom.

I returned to the main area to find Jimmy munching on my fries. He had his head propped up on one of his hands as he stared down at the Sudoku puzzle with a confused look on his face. I cleared my throat and he looked up at me grinning.

"Care to explain why you felt the need to startle me like that and cause me to spill my shake all over my lap?" I took my seat once again after seeing that Jimmy had taken the liberty to wash it off for me.

"Well I came to talk to you actually." I raised my eyebrow at the statement.

"Oh really." He nodded in sincerity.

"Really. But first I think I owe you a new milkshake."

"Then go get me one." He paused for a minute as if thinking before shaking his head making his shaggy hair flop all over the place.

"You'll only get one if you come in there with me." I sighed realizing that this was in fact going in the direction I thought it would. They wanted me to be near Brian. They wanted us to talk. Now as much as I wanted to do just that I knew I couldn’t. He was mad at me and I was still mad at him.

Well technically he only said I had to walk in there with him, not talk to anyone or even go near the tables. I stood up after making my mind before pointing a finger at him.

"You're very lucky I want my shake Sullivan." He just laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders before leading me back off of the bus. He opened the door and led us through. Everyone was still sitting at the tables and they watched as the two of us walked up to the counter.

"Hi. I need a chocolate shake please. Seems we spilt the last one." I glared at him as he pulled his wallet out of his back pocket before handing over a few dollars for the treat. The same lady as before handed me my shake and I smiled before turning to grab a straw. I was in route for the door once more but Jimmy's grasp stopped me as I was about to reach for the handle to the door.

"And where do you think you're going?" I pulled the straw out of my mouth as I looked up his tall frame to meet his eyes.

"Back to the bus. You only said I had to walk in. Not stay." Jimmy just rolled his blue orbs at me before grabbing onto both of my shoulders and steering me toward the group. I tried to dig my heels into the ground but he kept on pushing me. Well maybe Brian would finally get to see what a wreck I am. I kept looking down as I was pushed down into a chair between Will and Johnny. I felt Will nudge my foot a few times before I finally looked up at him. Everyone had been silent since I sat down and it was really uncomfortable.

Will's eyes searched mine for a minute before he realized I had been crying earlier. I guess my eyes still had a red glint to them. His hands reached up and he ran his thumbs under my eyes before resting under my chin. I felt gazes on us as he was quick to pull me into his chest.

"Aw shit Kace. This is not good." He murmured in my ear so only I could hear. I nodded and felt a few tears slip from my eyes. I pulled away and grabbed my milkshake before making a mad dash for the door despite the yells that followed me. Right now I just wanted to be alone.

I rushed onto the bus and ran into the back room before slamming the door and locking it. I flopped down on the couch and let a few more silent tears fall down my cheeks. I hated feeling like this.

A thunder of feet greeted me at the door and fists starting knocking.

"Kacie? Are you alright?" I heard Becca's voice ask in a sad tone.

"Kace open up. Come on girl." Adam pleaded.

"Don't make me kick the door down." Matt's deep voice threatened.

"Oh let the bitch be. She can cry all she fucking wants." But Brian's voice is what made me mad.

I stood up and marched to the door only to throw it open. It hit the wall and bounced back a bit. Everyone was crowded in the hallway but my glare was only focused on one person.

"Get the hell off my bus." My tone was menacing as Brian pushed through people to stand in front of me.

"Come again? Oh wait a minute. How can you come again when you've probably never come before since you're still a fucking virgin?" I felt the fire rise in my eyes at his statement. He said he didn’t mind. He promised he would wait until I was ready and now he was throwing it in my face.

There was a slapping sound as my open hand connected with his face. Tears had started to fall down my cheeks in the midst of my anger and I was utterly speechless.

"Shit." He mumbled as he straightened his jaw. I saw his fist clench at his side but at this moment I didn't care.

"You have until three to get off my bus." I growled as the tears were still flowing. "One."

"Or what? You do fucking realize that had it not been for us you wouldn’t even have a bus. You'd be stuck in some shitty van."

"Two."

"Tell me Kacie. What are you going to do?" His eyes told me he wasn’t leaving. I let out a low growl before turning back to the room and slamming the door in his face.

Brian's Pov

I watched as Kacie slammed the door in my face before grunting and stalking off of their bus and back onto mine.

My feet carried me to the bathroom where I saw the red hand print that now was adorned on my cheek. I don't know why I said what I did but I knew I had been out of line and deserved what I had gotten in return.

I can't believe I had been so fucking stupid that night. I knew that chick wasn't Kacie. I knew it! So why did I let her kiss me? That one stupid action had caused a world of hurt for the girl I am in love with.

I let out a sigh before heading back into the main room to find the rest of the guys sitting around.

"Damn dude." Johnny said as he just shook his head at me.

"I know. I don't know why I said it. But I can't take it back which means I've got to find some way to fix all of this seeing as it was my fault to begin with." I sat down after grabbing a cold beer from the fridge. For a moment I placed the bottle against my cheek. It felt nice against my skin. But not as nice as her touch did. Popping the top off I took a swig and looked to see my band mates were watching me.

"You do need to fix it because that girl is probably the best damn thing to ever happen to you. She looked miserable Syn." I nodded in agreement with Zacky as he strummed his guitar lightly.

"I know. And I will fix it. At tomorrow night's show. I've had an idea."
♠ ♠ ♠
so last part.... you know... the part i was worried about? guess how many comments i got...
ZERO!!! not one!!!

hmm well thats comforting. guess i'm not very good at fight scenes if i get no feedback on my semi-first one.