I'll Take You There And Back Again

Chapter 3

"You guys were amazing as always!" Mattie yelled as he hugged me around the middle. He always came backstage after the show to congratulate us on a show well played.

"Well thank you my dear! Where are your friends at?" I questioned as I looked around not seeing the five other people he had mentioned would be coming with him. "They didn't skip out did they?"

"Naw they're back at the table. They actually would like to meet you guys if you have some time." Mattie's face held a smile that led me to believe he was up to something. That boy was always up to trouble, yet I guess we really weren't any different.

"We always have time dude, you know that." Will laughed. It was true. We always had time to just chill in the bar after a show, and it was a nice treat seeing as some of us were still under the age limit. "Lead the way man." If there was one thing I wasn’t too fond of it was meeting people when I looked like a mess, especially after just playing a show. But it was still fun none the less. Mattie led us from backstage to the very back of the club where one of the few giant booths was. As we approached, Garret and I both froze in out steps.

Sitting right in front of our eyes were the guys of Avenged Sevenfold. Not only was it A7X however, oh no, it was much more than that, in front of us were our role models when it came to playing. Garret had introduced me to the guys' music way back in high school and I instantly became a fan. Syn was the one that inspired Garret to learn to shred, and in turn, he taught me.

"Hey Kacie." Garret whispered in my ear as the guys all watched us in interest. "Am I seeing things?" We had always told ourselves we wouldn’t succumb to the star shock if we ever met one, but I guess it was just different when it actually was happening.

Before I had the chance to reply, Drew walked over to the two of us and slung his arms around each of our shoulders. "Sorry bout them, they're not really this spacey all the time. Let me fix this for ya." And with that he reached up and gave the two of us a swift smack to the back of the head.

"Hey bitch, watch it!" Garret exclaimed as we both rubbed the back of our heads. The guys were laughing but all in good fun. Thankfully, that small reality check brought me back from my little world of shock. I smiled at the guys before waving.

"Hi. Kacie Wilkinson. Nice to meet you guys." Mattie had taken up his spot next to Matt. There was plenty of room for the rest of us too so that was nice. Will came up next to me and shoved me into the booth next to Zacky before sliding in on the other side of me. Not only was I sitting next to one of my favorite guitarists, but I was sitting across from my other favorite.

"So you guys were awesome up there." Matt smiled at us.

"Yeah man! Fuck Kacie, you were awesome screaming." Jimmy grinned. I couldn't help but blush. It wasn’t often you got a compliment from your favorite band.

"Thanks. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the set."

"Hey do you guys want anything to drink? It's on us tonight." Johnny offered.

"Um maybe just a coke for me." The guys all looked at me like I was insane for a minute as my bandmates just laughed at their expressions.

"I'm holding out for my 21st. It's this summer." The looks on their faces seemed to calm down some.

"When's your birthday?" Brian asked. "July 6th."

"No way. Mine's the 7th." He replied smiling.

"That awesome. Looks like we'll just be partying the whole month then." Matt grinned slyly. I glanced at Adam and Will to see they had the same confused expression I had. We? What did they mean by we?

Adam beat me to verbalizing our confusion. "What do you mean by we?"

"Well, about that. I know we've only seen you guys play once, but it's been ages since a new band has impressed us. Would you guys be willing to tour with us this summer? We've been on the hunt for a band for awhile but just haven’t found one, until now, that peaked out interest as much as you have." Our confused faces changed to ones of surprise at Matt's explanation. We were being asked to go on tour? With Avenged Sevenfold? You have got to be kidding me.

"Holy shit man, are you serious? This isn't some sick joke right?" We were all anxious to hear the reply to Drew's inquiry to see if it was indeed for real.

"Yep, serious as a heart attack." Zacky smiled as he slung his arm around my shoulder. I felt like I was about to faint. And Syn must have seen it in my eyes because he thrust his glass of water into my hands and reached across to help me drink it.

"Wow." Well if that wasn't an intelligent reply on my part I don’t know what was.

"But we aren't even signed or anything. And we only have a few recorded demos." Garret found his voice finally. The guys just smiled more.

"Well I guess we'll just have to fix that. We're willing to help you guys record a cd in one of our studios and our label has said they'll make copies for whatever band we choose to tour with us. And since you guys are so damn good, I don’t see you being unsigned for the entire tour. In fact Warner Bros I bet will be the first to offer. They've been complaining about needing a new band lately and they're really pissy about it." Johnny scowled at his mention of the record labels complaining.

"So are you guys' game? It'll be this summer from May to August and will not only include the US tour but also the tour abroad in Europe and Asia." The smirk on Matt's face just seemed to grow, as did Mattie's. Speaking of Mattie I had somewhat forgot about this all being his idea. I looked over at him and gave him a smile. He in return winked. I'd have to be sure to thank him later for all this.

"Well shit, I'm game if the rest of you are." Will nodded enthusiastically. This could be it, our big chance. I sure as hell was game.

"I think it’s a yes from all of us. Dude, this is so surreal." Garret replied for those of us that were still speechless. But we did manage to nod in agreement.

"Sweet. This is gonna be a fucking awesome tour." Zacky was lightly tapping his fingers on my shoulder as he spoke.

"So we'll draw up some contract papers for you guys just saying you agree to tour with us and we'll be good to go. We'll also take care of all the teching deals and shit for you guys. That way you don’t have to worry about finding capable people." Well that was a weight off my shoulders. The guys couldn’t plan a lunch out if you asked them to so all plans get set on my shoulders, not necessarily fun on my part.

"Why are you so quiet?" Brian asked from across the table.

"In shock I guess. I could ask the same of you though. I didn't peg Synyster Gates as the quiet shy type." I smirked as the rest of the guys laughed.

"Oh I'm not quiet. Just being observant tonight. Gotta figure the new band in town out before tour. And frankly I didn't peg you as the quiet type after your stage performance either." This time it was his turn to smirk.

"Well, I can be quiet, or not. It all depends. You'll figure it out eventually, just don't try too hard."

"Yeah man, you've gotta remember she's a chick. That should explain it all right there." Will hugged me from the side as he gave me a noogie. I hate him sometimes.

"You suck Will. Just do me a favor and shut up." Talk about embarrassing. These guys were sure doing a good job.

"Ah but that my dear would be your job."

"William! Shut it now!" I could feel my cheeks getting red form sheer embarrassment. Even though I wasn't into that stuff it still got to me when they talked about it. Now I was no prude mind you, just a girl trying to find the right guy.

I looked up slightly and the guys burst into even more laughter as they saw my face.

I have a feeling I may regret going on tour with these guys.