I'll Take You There And Back Again

Chapter 30

New York was always a state that was on my places to see list. And now we were finally here. It also so happens that we get some time off here to do some sightseeing. This of course meant another few days of rooming in a hotel with Brian. I don't see why we couldn’t switch it up some.

Brian and I had somewhat gone back to normal, just without the physical gestures. I was still slightly frustrated with Will and Matt for hitting Brian but I was starting to get over it. Boys will be boys I suppose. The girls were still somewhat hostile toward him. More so Becca and Tiffany than the others.

I was thankful we had arrived in New York while it was summer and not over a winter tour. I heard winter in New York was terrible. I hated being cold so I was perfectly content with wearing a jean mini skirt and a light blue tank top complete with flip flops. My fedora from Brian was perched atop my head and I was glad to have it back. Apparently that was one of the items that had fallen out of my bag in my hurry to get out of the last hotel room we shared. Brian had been kind enough to place it along with a note on my bunk for me one day while I was out.

"Will you three hurry it up back there? I swear my balls dropped faster than you guys are walking!" A smack echoed Matt's sentence and he instantly started rubbing his arm in the spot Val had hit him in.

"Come on Kace. I want to take some pictures." Brian said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the conversation about shopping I had been having with Becca and Tiff.

Brian's grasp on my hand didn’t loosen until he and I were standing directly in front of the statue of liberty. Jimmy stood in front of us holding a digital camera that was one of seven that we had with us today.

Brian stepped around so he was standing behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist before resting his head on my shoulder. I could feel my heart fluttering as he did so and I couldn’t help but grin and blush slightly. I was glad things with him were getting back to normal.

He was always so careful around me lately, as if he didn’t want to do anything wrong. His gestures were simple yet I could sense the sincerity behind each and every one of them. It really meant a lot to me.

Jimmy snapped the picture before moving onto the different couples as well.

"This is so cool." I chuckled at Brian's awed expression.

"Brian haven't you seen this before?" He nodded before looking thoughtful.

"Yeah I have. But it just amazes me every time. I mean this is a major American landmark! Hey did you see where Zack and Becca went? I've got a question for him."

I glanced around before shrugging my shoulders. He grabbed my hand once more and led me around on a path that went around the statue. We walked for a few minutes before stopping mid step.

We found Zacky and Becca around on the back side of the statue. I giggled lightly seeing that Zacky had Becca pinned against the base of the statue and had started an assault on her mouth. His hands were resting just under the bottom of her shirt and one of her legs was wrapped around his waist.

"Oh come on! Not all of New York wants to see that!" Brian exclaimed with a playful gist to his voice.

The two stopped any and all movements before Becca pushed Zacky off of her and blushed fifty different shades of red.

"Caught red handed." I laughed as Zacky grabbed her hand and led her toward us.

"Shit man, it's not like you two never did anything like that out in public!" He groaned.

"Hey I'm never saying we didn’t. Just that it wasn't against a fucking national monument!" Brian did have a point. I mean sure there had been times on the beach that we could be seen against one of the rental shacks with me up against a wall, or sitting in Starbucks kissing across the table, but never in a tourist place.

Thinking about those times made me realize just how much I miss them. I miss kissing Brian. I miss the way his fingers would trail across my cheek as his lips moved gently against mine. I wanted that again.

He had refrained from kissing me because I knew he was unsure if I was alright with that again. I guess I would have to initiate it first this time.

"Yo fuckers! Get your asses back here so we can go up to the top!" Johnny yelled as he came around the corner. "No fucking. If I can wait until tonight then so can you." He huffed as Aud patted his arm.

It was rather interesting to see how each couple handled their sex lives. I mean it's not like anything was really hidden when you're all on tour with each other. Matt and Val were the very sentimental couple. There were no quick fucks with them. Those were for Jimmy and Tiff. I swear they went at it like rabbits sometimes. Johnny and Aud were kind of quiet about it. But I knew Aud had a short leash on him when it came to things like that. Becca tried time and time again to resist Zacky's horniness but she always caved. It was rather cute. The guys in my bands had had a few girls on the bus, well more so Will and Drew which didn't surprise me at all. The two of them had wandered off with some random chicks today and Garret had drug Adam to go visit his aunt and uncle who happened to live nearby.

And then there was Brian and myself as you well know. I was still holding out. He had to prove himself to me still if he wanted it to come to that. I knew he would. It was only a matter of when.

Brian gently grabbed my hand as we made our way to the top of the statue. We exited and made our way out onto the upper deck that allowed us to overlook the city.

I rested my arms on one of the railings and surveyed the skyline in front of me. It was absolutely breath taking. The sun gleamed off of the windows of the buildings and also reflected from the water. It was rather peaceful out here compared to the usual hustle and bustle of New York.

I let my eyes close as I felt warm arms wrap around my waist and a chin come to rest on top of my head. "Gorgeous view huh?" He asked as he followed my gaze out to the skyline.

"Sure is." I whispered. Brian's hands moved to my waist and he gently spun me around so I was facing him. His eyes locked with mine as he pulled my body closer into his.

"Can I…" He started to ask. His voice was shaky and nervous but I knew what he was about to say. I nodded softly and grinned as our lips pressed together for the first time in weeks.

That familiar spark that had been missing for so long was now present once more. This was the side of Brian I had missed so dearly. Our lips separated after a moment and I looked up to see him grinning like a two year old.

"You have no idea how much I missed that." His voice was soft and at such a tone that only I could hear him.

"I'm pretty sure I know." I replied just as quietly.

The ferry ride back to the main land was full of chatter. Just about every guy had a firm grip on their girl and Brian was no exception to that statement. He had asked if I would sit on his lap and I obliged happily.

"Jimmy what the fuck are you doing?" Tiff hissed as Jimmy picked her up and carried her to the edge of the boat.

"Well I was thinking a swim might be nice." Tiffany screamed as she clung to him as he lifted her above the railing.

"Jimmy don't you fucking dare! You won't be getting any tonight if you throw me over!" His movements stopped as he pouted down at her as she rested in his arms. She glared back and he sighed before setting her down.

"He's pussy whipped!" Brian laughed while all of the guys followed suit. Tiffany smacked Jimmy in the arm seeing as she couldn’t reach his head.

"Yeah well at least I get some!" As soon as the words were out of his mouth it became incredibly quiet and Jimmy realized what he had said. In two seconds flat I was out of Brian's lap and practically running off of the now docked ferry as the tears streamed down my face. I can't believe he said that. I thought they were all understanding about this. Apparently I had been wrong. Apparently the thought still lingered with them. Apparently I must still be a prude to them.

I honestly wasn't even paying attention to where I was going as I ran. At first I heard the yells of my friends echoing behind me but eventually they faded into nothing. I glanced up and found myself on a small side street. There were a few shops but the one that happened to catch my eye was a small coffee shop.

I sniffled as I entered the shop and slowly approached the counter. An elderly woman smiled weakly as she took in my tear stained cheeks. "Go take a seat hun, it's on the house today." She stated as I pulled out my wallet to pay for my cup of coffee.

My phone rang as I sat and I saw it was Brian. I set it down on the table and ignored it as the lady brought my coffee over to me. "Boy troubles?"

"I guess you could say that. Not so much with him though. More so his friends." I took a paper napkin out of the container and dabbed at my nose.

"Well then you should be alright I'm sure. If you love him and he loves you then that's all that matters. What his friends think doesn't count." I nodded even though she was slightly off in her thinking. I knew the guys liked me, it just seemed like they didn't like my moral standards which was something I knew from the start.

My phone rang six more times in the space the five minutes I sat in the shop. Each call was ignored simply because I didn’t feel like speaking to any of them. My ringer changed and I saw I had a text coming in.

If you don't answer my next call I'll call the cops.

Real mature Brian. It rang again and I answered it. A few stray tears still fell as I sniffed into the receiver. "Kacie where the hell are you?" Brian didn’t sound angry but rather worry was laced in his voice.

"I don't know. I'm at some coffee shop." The woman looked over at me and gave me the address of the place which I repeated to Brian.

"Don't move. I'll be there shortly." He hung up without even giving me a chance to reply. I placed my phone back on the table but this time turned the volume off. I picked up my cup in both hands and held it in front of my face as my elbows rested on the table. I dreaded going back to see the guys after acting this way. Maybe I was just over reacting. But what Jimmy said really did hurt. Yet he was right.

I sighed as I heard the bell above the door to the shop ring and didn’t need to look up to know who it was. The flip flop covered feet that hurried across the floor gave it away. My gaze remained fixed on the light brown table as I felt the booth sink as more weight was added. An arm found its way around my shoulders and pulled me into a chest. His other arm wrapped around my stomach and I placed my coffee down as I snuggled into his chest. I felt his lips press against my forehead and remained there unmoving for a minute.

"He didn't mean it Kace." His voice was soft and I could feel his breath against my forehead as he spoke the gentle words.

"I know."

"He feels really bad. Not to mention he's got a lovely bruise on his arm from Tiff."

"But he's right Brian! He's fucking right! Part of me wants to just go back to the hotel and let you take me so that people will stop letting things slip! I'm sick of being the only one who actually has some sort of morals and gets ragged on all the time for it!"

Brian waited for a moment before turning me so I was now facing him. He gently grasped my chin in his right band and tilted my face so I was looking up at him.

"That's a load of shit and we both know it. I don't ever want to hear you say that again. That's part of who you are Kacie and it's one of the things I love about you. You're not afraid to stand up for the things you believe in and put your foot down for some things. To be honest the problem with the guys is that they aren't used to being around girls like you. We're all used to having girls who will sleep with us whenever we want it. It's a change for them."

"You mean it's a change for you." His firm expression faltered at my phrase. The other guys still all had girls that would cave. Yet again we were the odd couple out and I was getting tired of it much like I had just told him. Sometimes I wondered if he would be better off without me. That way his lifestyle wouldn’t have to change.

"I don't mind change. It's good for me actually. It'll show the world that there's more to Synyster Gates than meets the eye." We both chuckled at his words knowing it was true.

Our movements remained still for awhile. He just held me close and let me cuddle against him. I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw the elderly woman giving me a wink before she disappeared into a back room.

I felt Brian's lips come in contact with my head once more before he released me slightly. "The rest of the day it's just us alright? No annoying band mates who don't know when to stay quiet, no techs, no one but us." I looked up and met his gaze with my own.

"I'd like that." He grinned and started to slide out of the booth before taking my hand and helping me to my feet as well.

It turns out that Brian had walked to the coffee shop. Good thing he knew where we were because I was completely lost. People hurried by on the busy streets and taxis honked as they drove. That's New York for you though.

My hand remained firmly in his as we weaved through people on the crowded street. I wasn't entirely sure where we were going but obviously Brian knew. I heard an intro scream from one of their songs come from Brian's pocket. I recognized it as the ringtone he had set for Matt. He pulled out his phone and put it up to his ear.

"Yeah man we're good. We're going to go do some shopping around and shit so we'll be back later. Alright I'll tell her. Later man." The phone was returned to his pocket as he turned to me.

"Matt says they all love you." I rolled my eyes and just shook my head at the words. Yeah right.

"So shopping eh?" I questioned as we turned a corner and I realized we were in Time Square.

"Yep. I know you're not a fan of the designer places but I figured some mall stores and the Virgin Megastore would be cool. I feel like spending some of my money today." Brian knew I didn't like it when he spent his money on me but I guess today I really didn’t have a choice.

"Alright. Sounds good to me." He grinned down at me and pulled me inside of the Virgin Megastore that we had just stepped up in front of.

I let go of Brian's hand as he headed for the cds and decided to go take a look at the shirts they had in stock. Man they sure had an abundance of Jonas Brothers and Beatles things.

"How would this look on me?" I turned to see Brian holding up a black girls fitting shirt against his chest. It read Lil Miss VIP across the front and had a backstage pass on it making it look like you had one around your neck. He was trying to stretch it across his chest but it barely covered half of it.

"Oh gosh my boyfriend is turning into a cross dresser on me! What has the world come to?" A young girl passed and over heard me. She looked at Brian who looked back and I saw her giggle. Brian blushed and pulled the shirt away from his chest before handing it to me.

"I think it'll look better on you." He mumbled quickly before turning and heading for the guys shirts in an embarrassed frenzy.

I snickered while holding onto the shirt as I made my way toward him. "Are you sure Brian? Because you can have it if you really like it that much." He turned heel and glared at me while picking up a shirt for himself.

We were back on the street not ten minutes later with a bag in hand. Apparently there was a mall nearby and Brian wanted to go by a few stores there. I laughed as he adjusted his hat on his head and pulled his sunglasses over his eyes. I hated to admit it but it was still easy to tell who he was, his disguise was a failure if you ask me.

We entered the mall a few minutes later and he led me into a Pacsun knowing it was one of my favorite stores. He wasn't too fond of it but he had insisted anyway.

I really didn't see anything I wanted or needed for that matter but Brian had insisted I find something. He was currently crouched down by the girls jeans pulling out a few pairs.

"I remember you telling me you wanted a new pair of black ones." I sighed and nodded. He wasn't going to give up.

Next on the list was Hollister which was a request of mine. I knew for a fact Brian hated this store with a passion. Too bad for him I liked their tee's since they had to do with our hometown most of the time. He cringed as we entered the store and I drug him through it. I paused at the video screen that displayed the live view of Huntington and sighed. I missed home.

"Lucky for us we get to see that everyday." He mumbled with a longing tone to his voice. Brian let out a sneeze and turned to look around. He groaned seeing the wall of perfume in the middle and abruptly pulled me further into the store.

"Hurry it up. I hate this store and you know it." His statement earned a glare from one of the girls who was folding shirts in the back clearance room. I continued to roll my eyes as I glanced through the stacks of shirts. Pulling out a few to look at I grinned as I held one up for Brian to see. It was a coral pink color and had white letters across the front that read "The east has girls, the midwest has girls, the south has girls, but only California has girls like me."

Brian chuckled from his spot in one of the brown leather chairs. "Damn right babe." He stood up and made his way into the other side of the store with the guy stuff. I raised an eyebrow knowing he would never be caught dead wearing a Hollister shirt.

"Fuck dude, why don't you watch where you're fucking going!" Eyes wide I followed quickly to see Brian glaring at one of the guys who worked there. The guy had a pile of shirts on the floor and was glaring at Brian who had spoken.

"Why don't you freak?" I saw the anger grow in Brian's eyes and I knew this wasn't going to be good.

"Excuse me? Fuck you man! You can take your preppy shitty store and shove it up your preppy fucking ass for all I care!" His fists were clenching at his side and I quickly made my way over and placed a hand on his arm.

"Well at least I have a job probably unlike you!" This made me laugh.

Brian scoffed before an amused smirk spread over his lips. "For your information I bet I make more money in a week than you do in an entire year. Ever heard of Avenged Sevenfold? Wouldn't surprise me if you said no." He added in an undertone.

"Yeah, what the fuck about them?"

"I'm the fucking lead guitarist you dumbass! That shouldn’t fucking matter though! Why don't you learn some common courtesy and treat your customers with respect no matter who they are or what they look like?" The guy's eyes widened to the size of saucers as he stumbled back a bit. Brian turned to me and grabbed my shirt before stalking off in the direction of the register. I sent the guy a quick sarcastic smile before heading after Brian.

He was just finishing paying and grabbed the bag before grabbing my arm in his empty hand and ushering me out of the store. "I am never going back in there and don't you ever ask again! That guy was the biggest douche I've encountered in a long time."

"Ok ok! I'm sorry. Wow that was pretty bad wasn't it." I trailed off chuckling at Brian's still disgruntled expression.

"You fucking bet it was." He grumbled as he led me down the mall to a different store. My eyes lit up as I spotted a Victoria's Secret but knew that might be pushing it. I mean sure Brian would have no qualms going in there I'm sure but did I really want to risk taking him in there? That could prove to be disastrous. I weighed my options for a moment before deciding I really needed a new bra. One of my black good ones had mysteriously run away from me the other day and was in need of a replacement.

"Um Brian." He stopped walking and turned to see me sheepishly leading him in the direction of the store. His face lit up and I was suddenly regretting my decision.

"Brian I just need a black bra. Nothing else." I stated while emphasizing the nothing else part. Somehow I don't think my point reached his brain.

If there's one mistake in my life that I ever regretted it was bringing a member of Avenged Sevenfold into a lingerie store.

I think Brian had seven different styles of black bras for me to try on and he had also managed to toss in a few extra pieces. I was quick to snatch them from his hands and hurry into the fitting room just as the attendant was about to comment on Brian's taste in lingerie. I really didn't want to hear it.

I found one I liked despite most of them fitting right and exited to see Brian leaning casually against a wall with his arms and legs crossed while standing.

"So?"

"I think I like this one." I said as I held up the black bra that had small blue gems on the straps.

"Nothing else?"

"I told you I just needed one."

"Well I'd like to buy you more so what all fit?"

"Brian I really don't need more." He sighed before grabbing the few items left in my hands. His smirk slowly made its usual appearance as he checked the bra size to make sure it was the same as the others.

"If you don't want to pick out some more things I'd be glad to do it for you." My nose scrunched up at the thought. "Too slow. I'm picking some more things out." My eyes widened and I felt an instant blush adorn my cheeks as he made his way through the store with my hand clasped firmly into his own.

A snicker escaped his lips as he reached his hand into a bin and pulled it back out. A black and blue thong was hanging off of his thick pinky. It looked incredibly skimpy compared to his thick hand.

"This matches your bra!" Groaning I took it off of his hand before anyone could notice what he was up to and reluctantly added it to the pile.

"Can we go now?" I hissed as the pile continued to grow. I had just about had to put my foot down when he added a lacy corset top to the mixture. He of course was having none of my refusals though.

Brian just rolled his eyes and took the pile to the register.

The girl behind the counter was young… and obviously a fan of Brian's. Her eyes seemed to grow as they led up his arms and chest eventually to his face.

And then they shifted to me. It words had been said I'm sure there would have been some unpleasant things. She scoffed taking in my appearance before hurriedly rang up the pile of under garments.

"Is there a reason why you're acting bitchy toward my girlfriend?" Brian asked in his cool voice. She seemed taken aback at first especially at Brian's tone. He was cool, calm and collected.

"I um, no. Sorry." He just quirked an eyebrow as he gave her a smile and led me from the store finally.

"Now do I have the right to say that I never want to go in there again? Mainly with you?" His face held shock as he held open the door to Best Buy for me.

"No. You don't get that right. Lingerie stores are a given right to the Avenged boys. The sheer fact that you're dating me gets rid of any say you have in the matter."

"Well lucky for you I enjoy dating you so I guess I can deal with that."

"Glad to hear it babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
eep! i'm so sorry this took forever and a day! i've been sucked into the holidays by my fam and work! but i love christmas so it's worth it!
updates will all pan out and should become more regular as they used to be.

i hope you all like this part hehe! and that the length makes up for the wait!

thanks for comments go to...
perfectionist326
punkchick81
Littletinyme
Alani
Lynnie Vicious
catastrophe.
jade6969
I_hate_rain
ladybaby
my.bella.muerte
punkstar102

thanks you guys!!!!!!