I'll Take You There And Back Again

Chapter 36

"Californiaaaaaa here we comeeee!" I sang the infamous Phantom Planet song off key just to spite everyone else on the bus. They all groaned and covered their ears while I cackled evilly.

It felt great to be going home. Even if it was only for a few days. The families were all excited we were returning for our hometown show. I personally expected it to be the best one yet, especially considering it was in our hometown of Long Beach. It was going to be incredible.

California was the last stretch of the tour before we headed out overseas. I'm not sure for which I was more excited.

"So who's going surfing with me at the barbecue?" I pestered to the lazy bums that were lounging around. They all quirked an eyebrow at my hyper state. "Oh come on! Brian I know you surf. You too Zacky." They glared at me but remained quiet. Becca chuckled lightly from her seat on the floor between Zacky's feet but winked at me.

"I'll surf with you Kace. These losers aren't invited anymore." I high fived her and went to sit down on Brian's lap seeing as there weren't any other spots open. I plopped down slightly harder causing him to let out a groan of slight discomfort. Serves him right.

"What was that for?" He wheezed slightly.

"For not surfing with me." I pouted.

"Holy fuck woman I never said I wouldn't! You didn't have to crush my dick!" I moved a little on his lap earning a low growl from deep within him. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and nibbled at my neck playfully making me squeal. I scrunched my neck up trying to get away from him but it was no use.

"I'll save you Kacie!" Jimmy announced as he jumped up and tackled Brian and myself in our seat. The wind got knocked out of me slightly as he started pinching and poking Brian. Lots of yelling ensued as Brian then switched to trying to attack Jimmy. The downside was that I was still stuck in the middle. I tried to wiggle out but ended up struggling.

I felt my knee come in contact with something as I struggled and instantly a high pitched noise was heard coming from Jimmy. He froze in mid motion and instantly fell to the ground before clutching his jewels. My jaw dropped and the size of my eyes grew as I realized what it was that I hit on accident.

"Oh my gosh! Jimmy I am so sorry!" I jumped off of Brian's lap and instantly kneeled beside the drummer I had taken down. I just sort of sat there awkwardly trying to figure out what to do while everyone else laughed. I mean, what could I do? Not much will help the poor guy, you just sort of have to wait it out.

Tiffany came over and helped him up. "Come on babe. Let's get you up at least."

He hobbled to his feet and pointed an accusing finger at me. "Watch out for her. She's apparently got it out for guys' balls." He groaned as Tiffany led him into the back room after rolling her eyes.

"I said I was sorry!" I yelled before sitting back down on the couch. I crossed my arms and stared out the window as Los Angeles whizzed past us on the freeway.

We were almost home. I was so excited. Brian had convinced me to stay with him at his place for the few days we would be there. It took me some time to come up with an answer for him but then I decided it wouldn’t hurt. Each of my boys were going to be staying with their families. Mine was away on vacation. What perfect timing we all had I tell you. But I couldn’t blame them seeing as it was being paid for by my dad's work. I would have gone too.

I think my only concern about being home would be meeting Brian's family this afternoon. He and I were going to stop by and visit for a bit and then we would see them again at the barbecue that we were holding tomorrow at the beach. It was going to be tomorrow afternoon and would most likely go into the evening. I had heard all about Brian's parents and knew they were pretty cool and easy going about things. I just hoped they'd like me. Brian claimed they would and I was taking his word for it since he knew them best.

My worries were interrupted as I felt the bus stop and the engine turn off meaning we had arrived back at the studio where everyone's cars were parked. I bolted up from my spot and went tearing to the door before pulling it open and stepping out into the California sunshine.

"I'm home!" I yelled as I spun around in circles. I squealed when I almost toppled over though but landed in someone's waiting arms. My vision stopped spinning and I looked up into Brian's brown eyes. He was laughing and was looking at me like I had lost my mind.

"I'm excited." I giggled lightly as everyone else filed off of the bus. Matt and Zacky tossed the bags down the stairs to Jimmy and Johnny who were catching them and setting them by the side of the bus.

"Well don't hurt yourself alright?" Brian instructed as I stood up and ran to hug Becca. Each of the girls was going to be spending time with either their guy or family and in a sense it made me sort of sad knowing I would be the only one not to see my family here. It sucked big time.

"You have fun with Brian alright? I'll see you tomorrow for some awesome surfing."

"Alrighty. Have fun with Zack and your family." I threw a suggestive wink in there and she turned a light shade of red.

"Are you ready babe?" Brian asked as he tossed the last bag into the backseat of a black bmw that I assumed belonged to him.

After saying good bye to everyone in the band and double checking that everyone knew what they were to bring tomorrow, Brian and I hopped into his bmw and took off.

The drive back to Huntington was filled with lots of traffic and many angry yells from Brian toward stupid drivers.

"You fucker! Learn how to drive!" He yelled as he zipped out of our lane and into the fast lane as he went around a man who was driving while talking on his cell phone. When he was back in front of the slow moving white car he stuck his middle finger up and waved it at the guy before stepping on the gas pedal and speeding ahead.

"Brian." I laughed as he turned to grin at me innocently.

"Yes?" He asked as if nothing was wrong as he placed his hand back on the steering wheel. I just shook my head and continued to laugh. Someone had a case of California road rage.

"Eww what the heck is this crap?" I laughed as Bat Country came through the stereo speakers. I reached for the station tuner and changed it. Brian turned to gawk at me for a moment.

"Hey now! You be nice!" He said as he switched it back. I continued to laugh as the song played.

"Someone's a little cocky. Like to listen to your own songs eh Haner?" He glared out the windshield as he drove and didn't grace me with an answer.

The song ended after I finished singing with it and the radio dj started talking again. "And that right there was Avenged Sevenfold who are reportedly back in town for their home town show this weekend at the LBC. From what I've heard this is one show you don't want to miss. Especially with the hottie in their opening band Murder By Midnight. Kacie Miller is becoming one of the most well known female vocalists in the scene these days and just from word of mouth and through shows. For those of you who don't know who this up and coming band is, here is a song by them titled Escaping Nowhere. Now listen closely and turn this shit up!"

My jaw had since dropped and I squealed with excitement as our song started playing. Bouncing in my seat I cranked the volume up causing Brian to flinch and turn it down a tad bit. "Ahhh! It's our song!"

"Oh holy fuck woman! Calm down! Now who's the cocky one?"

I smacked his arm and glared at him.

"This is different. Your songs are played all the time on radio stations. This is the first time I've heard one of ours. And not to mention the dj at the infamous kroq plugged us!" I quickly pulled out my cell phone and made a conference call to my boys. I have to say I love that feature.

"Guys! Our song is on kroq!" That was all it took for screams to erupt and frantic sounds to echo through the phone as stations were being switched. Once I heard the song in the background more yells and cheers came through.

"Holy shit this is amazing!"

"So awesome."

"Damn we sound good." I chuckled at Drew's last statement before I saw we were pulling into a very nice gated community. Brian rolled his window down and punched in a code before the gate opened and let us through.

"Hey guys I've gotta go. I'll see you all tomorrow and we can celebrate." I hung up and gaped as Brian pulled up into the drive way of a very nice two story house. Wait let me correct that, two story mansion was more like it.

Brian shut the car off and opened his door but remained in his seat. My eyes were too busy roaming the exterior of the house to notice he was watching me.

"Do you like it?" I snapped out of my thoughts at his words. He sounded anxious to be home.

"So far it's gorgeous. You have a very nice home from the looks of it." He continued to grin as he climbed out of the car. I followed suit and stepped out onto the cobble stone type driveway. Brian grabbed our two bags and led the way up the walkway to the front door. He pulled out his car keys once more and slid the house key into the hole before turning it and pushing the heavy door open.

He didn't even take one step inside before little yappy barks were heard and a little white furry dog came sliding into the entrance way. It spotted Brian and stopped it's barking but continued running to him. This must be the infamous Pinkly.

"Pinkly my puppy!" Brian grinned as he set the bags down and bent down to scoop the small dog up and into his arms. Pinkly licked all over his face causing Brian to laugh. It was cute how the small dog loved Brian so much and it was clear Brian returned the feelings. I reached out to the small dog as Brian turned to face me. Pinkly squirmed in Brian's arms as he handed the small dog over to me. I had to say, he was a cute dog. I let him lick my cheek for a moment before setting him down on the ground. He scampered out of the entry way and down a hallway somewhere.

"Well he likes you which is always a good thing. He doesn't tend to like girls." Brian chuckled.

"Who doesn't like me?" I asked with my hand on my hip in a faux cocky manner. He just rolled his eyes before grabbing my hand and leading me further into the house.

I had to say, Brian had a lovely home for a guy his age. It was well decorated in tans, blacks, purples, and greens and altogether looked very nice. He led me into what I presumed was the living room and I was in awe of its size. There was, of course, a big screen tv, several sofas, a large dvd cabinet, small end tables, his records on the wall, and almost every video game system imaginable settled on the floor. Controllers were strewn around on the couches and it made me wonder who he had watching his house.

"Damn Mattie. He didn't even clean up after himself." Brian picked up the controllers and chucked them into a basket beside the console itself. Well that answered that question for me. He sat down on the couch and patted the spot beside him. I took a seat and watched as he pulled out a remote control to something.

"Watch this." He pointed the remote at the tv which was in front of a window and pressed a button. My jaw dropped as I watched the screen start to lower itself down into the ground revealing a clear view out the window.

"Gee, spoiled much?" I questioned as I referred to not only the fancy television but also the great view he had of the beach from up on this hill. I hadn't even realized we were somewhat up higher than the rest of the city but it became clear when I saw that you could not only see buildings but the waves crashing off in the distance as well.

"Just a tad bit." His arm wrapped around my shoulders as he pulled me into his chest. I brought my bare feet up beside me on the sofa and curled up into him. "I'm even more spoiled to have a beautiful girl like you though." I grinned as his lips attached to my own. He could sure be a sweet guy when he wanted to be.

I yelped slightly when he pushed me backward unexpectedly so I was now lying flat on the couch with him hovering over me. I could tell his grin meant I wasn't getting away and that I was now his to take. He inched closer until his lips met my neck. I turned my head giving him easier access and he smirked against my skin.

A ringing in the distance caused him to pause his motions and groan in annoyance.

"Damn it." He swore loudly as he got up off of me and trudged into the other room to retrieve the ringing phone.

"Hello?" He asked gruffly. "Oh hey dad." My eyes widened as I realized that I almost completely forgot about going over to his parents house.

"Yeah we're both here… No we weren't fucking." I choked on air a tad bit making Brian laugh at me lightly. "Alright dad. We'll see you in a bit." He hung up and stared at me.

"Did he ask if we were fucking?" I squeaked, clearly embarrassed.

"Sure did. That's my dad for you. He even told me to get a good one in before we come over."

"What?!?" I knew his dad was a character but I didn't expect it to be like that, that's for sure.

"Babe he somehow manages to know everything. So don't be too surprised. He sort of killed the mood though." His face scrunched up in annoyance I could tell he was going to inform his dad about this. Brian knew I wasn't really one for casual sex and so I'm sure he would inform his dad not to crack the sex addict jokes since that wasn't what we were about as a couple.

"Here. Let me go show you the rest of the house and then we'll go see my parents. Apparently my mom is pitching a fit because she wants to meet you and we aren't there yet." His eyes rolled in their sockets dramatically before he helped me stand up from my laying position.

I followed him upstairs and down yet another hallway. The room he took me into must have been his room. It was mostly black and tan and also had a lovely view of the ocean that was opposite the bed.

"This is my room. And that is my bed, in which we will be making very sweet love at least once while you're here." His voice held a seductive edge to it making me shiver internally. "Judging by your reaction I don't think you'll have any problem with that will you?"

"None what so ever."

"Good. So you'll be sleeping in here with me." I nodded and followed him back out of the room. He continued to show me the bathrooms, extra bedrooms, his studio room (which was incredibly impressive if you ask me), the backyard, which had a very nice swimming pool, and the kitchen. Overall it was a fantastic home and I knew I would be comfortable staying here with him.

"Alright let's go see my parents before my mom pitches a bitch fit over this." Brian said goodbye to Pinkly and led me back out to the car.

"Do I look ok?"

"You look gorgeous. Don't worry they will love you. I promise." He reassured me. I felt my nerves come back despite his promise and I sure hoped they liked me and that I would fit in with his family alright.

Well I had a split situation right here. I was either headed for what I hope would be a second family, or I would meet my doom tonight.

I preferred the first one if I was being honest.
♠ ♠ ♠
and so begins the infamous meeting of papa gates and suzy. hmmm how will it turn out?
i know... hehe.
hope you all liked this part. i sure did lol.
let me know your thoughts on this part. and some barbecue/parent meeting predictions if you have any hehe.

my awesome commenters this time were...
Town House Terror
MissLis
rockcitynosebleed
blairanderson
V-Vengeance6661
perfectionist326
vampyre-chaos
Brompton
lisha_reading_music
Darkness_Surrounding

thanks you guys!!! ah so awesome.