I'll Take You There And Back Again

Chapter 37

"It's about time you two got here!" Suzy exclaimed as Brian led me into the house only to be trampled in a hug by his step-mother.

"Mom." He whined. "Let her breathe please." I was shocked at first but then hugged Suzy back. We pulled away and she held me at arms length.

"Oh you are just lovely. It's about time Brian found himself a decent girl." I chuckled lightly and gave her a small verbal thank you. She grinned and then embraced Brian in a hug as well.

"Brian!" I blinked as a small blur came running into the room and into Brian's outstretched arms.

"Hey there Kenna." He chuckled as his younger sister wrapped her arms around his neck as he picked her up.

"I missed you." She said as she placed a sloppy kiss on his right cheek. He spun her around and placed a kiss back on her forehead. I watched quietly as he grinned and whispered something in her ear before looking over at me. Brian set McKenna down and she came over to where I was standing beside Suzy.

"Hi! I'm McKenna. You must be Kacie." She opened her arms out and I leaned down to give her a hug.

"Hey there hun." She embraced me before pulling away.

"Brian talks about you a lot on the phone." She paused for a moment before leaning into my ear. "I think he really, really likes you." I grinned as she winked at me.

"Well I sure hope so." I motioned with my finger to come in close. "Because I really like him too." She giggled before skipping out of the room yelling for her dad.

Brian grabbed my hand in his own and led me through the house and into the living room where his dad was just entering from the back porch. Smoke was pouring out from a barbecue that was built into the ground and I assumed he had been out grilling obviously.

"Hey dad." Brian wrapped an arm around my waist and held me close as his dad approached.

"Syn it's about damn time you got here."

"Oh come on dad! We just got home shortly before you called." Brian rolled his eyes jokingly at his father who was looking at me expectantly.

"Well son, are you going to introduce us or just stand there and be a jerk about it?"

I chuckled lightly as Brian released my waist and held his hands up in defeat. "Dad this is Kacie. The love of my life. Kacie this is my dad. The annoyance of my life." Papa Gates looked shocked Brian had said that but then promptly smacked him upside the head while adding in a glare.

"Just remember who you got your talent from." He pointed out before turning to me finally.

"It's nice to finally meet you hun. This bastard won't shut up about you." He engulfed me in a hug quickly.

"Nice to meet you too sir." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Just call me dad hun. All the guys do and you're just as much family as they are as far as I'm concerned." I grinned and nodded.

The relationship between Brian and his parents was extremely interesting to say the least. It was fun to watch them interact with each other. Brian and his dad were extremely sarcastic around each other and their combined language was enough to be a bleep fest if it were ever censored. Suzy was very motherly and it showed through her actions toward Brian and McKenna. I had found out the Brent was away for the time being but that had he been around things would have been even crazier.

The Haner boys were quite the entertaining crowd.

"Brian! Can you help me blow this up please?" McKenna yelled over from her spot by the pool. We were all currently lounging outside on the deck and she had decided to go swimming.

"Sure thing sis." Brian placed a kiss on my temple before standing up from his seat beside me. I watched him as he made his way over to McKenna and started to help her blow up the various pool toys that lay scattered on the pavement.

"So I'm not sure what it is about you, but Brian is head over heels for you. He's never been like this with a girl before. It's even weird seeing him in a serious relationship with a girl. He's usually more of a fuck 'em and leave 'em kind of guy. Something about you pulled him the other way though." Papa Gates said as he smiled at me.

"And it's about time too. I was tired of seeing girls come around that I knew wouldn’t be here next time. Something tells me you'll be around for quite some time." I chuckled lightly at Suzy.

"Well to be perfectly honest, I don't let Brian treat me like that. I told myself when I first started dating that any guy I choose to let into my life has to respect me and my wishes. It was hard at first because Brian wasn't used to it and he still struggles at times but he's done pretty well so far." I turned my gaze over to see McKenna splashing Brian playfully and he stumbled back surprised by the action. He looked shocked and reached in the pool to splash her back.

I couldn’t keep the grin off of my face as I watched the two of them interact. He really seemed like a good brother to her.

"Well don't you let him pressure you into anything." Suzy's words brought my attention back to the two of them across from me.

"Don't worry. I won't. Like I said, he's been pretty good so far about it all. We only had a few… situations that happened while on tour toward the beginning. But I learned that personal space is not an option around these boys." Papa Gates threw his head back and laughed while Suzy shook her head in shame.

"Those boys…" She trailed off while looking over to her step son who was now practically halfway into the pool trying to get McKenna back.

"They are quite the fucking handfuls. Even I'll admit that." Papa Gates finished off his beer before widening his eyes as his daughter flung a wave of water at Brian with just her arm. He was now completely doused with water.

Spitting out a mouthful of the chlorinated water, he straightened up his posture and made his way over to us after telling McKenna he gave up. He playfully shook out his shaggy hair near me making small drops land all over me. I laughed and shied away making his parents laugh as well. Brian's arms wrapped around me in a wet hug that was not welcome on my part.

"Get off!" I managed to say between his wet hugs and sloppy chlorine scented kisses. He released me and sat me back down in my chair. It was safe to say I too was now rather wet.

"Damn son, someone's a bit wet." His dad's smirk was a mirror image of Brian's and both my jaw dropped as well as Suzy's at his comment.

"Brian!" She hissed at him for his innuendo. Syn just gave his dad a high five for it before taking my hand and pulling me up once more.

"Mom, are some of my spare shirts still in my old bedroom?" Suzy nodded while she was still chastising Brian Sr. for his comment. Brian rolled his eyes at his parents bickering before leading me into the house.

"Sorry about them. My mom goes off on my dad for all his comments like that. Sometime's it's quite funny watching them bicker though."

He led me up a set of stairs and down a hallway to a black painted door. Pushing to door aside he entered and drug me in behind him. It was funny seeing Brian's old room because you could totally tell it would belong to him. Posters covered the walls and there were even a few guitars still in the corners. An old stereo was on top of a black dresser and stacks of cds were strewn all over the place.

"I'll grab us some clothes." He motioned for me to take a seat on the bed and I took the liberty of lying down. I turned sideways and watched him as he rummaged through his closet for some t-shirts. He bent over giving me a perfectly good view of his ass and I smirked as I took it all in. What was even better was the fact that since his jeans were wet they clung to his backside even more. He grumbled to himself some before standing up straight and turning to face me.

When he spotted me lying there his gaze turned from happy to nervous rather quickly. "Something wrong?" I questioned as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Nope." He chuckled but it was completely obvious he was. My curiosity got the best of me and I watched as his eyes went from me to his ceiling extremely fast. Rolling over onto my back I stared up at the roof and bolted up at what I saw.

"Are you fucking serious?" I asked as I stood on the bed to better inspect the posters that covered the area right above me. Now typically posters above the bed would be alright, but the fact that there were probably about fifty pin up playboy and porn posters is what got to me.

I gawked at the naked women for a moment before turning to see Brian was now the shade of a lovely ripe tomato.

"Umm well…" He started nervously, not quite sure what to say. After realizing that these were above his bed, which I was now standing on, it clicked what he must have done when he was younger. I instantly jumped off of the, in my opinion, tainted bed and started frantically brushing myself off.

"Ewwww." I squealed as I danced around. "Do I even want to know how much of your sperm is embedded into that mattress?" I asked in an incredulous tone.

"Hey now, be nice. I can't help it if I was a horny teenager. Not to mention you shouldn't be grossed out seeing as you've had my sperm inside of you before."

"Apparently nothing's changed with the horny part." I muttered as he threw me one of his smallest Motley Crue shirts.

As I removed my shirt I faced away from him out of habit. His cold arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me into him.

"A lot has changed actually. Now there's only one woman who I have the hots for and she's standing here in my arms. You're so gorgeous Kacie." I turned to face him and immediately noticed that he too was shirtless. As he pulled me closer I lifted my hands up to rest on his chest.

"I love you Kacie. You're the only girl for me now." He murmured into my ear as he held me close.

"I love you too Brian." We both stood there still for a few moments just enjoying each other's embrace. He let out a deep breath and kissed the top of my head letting his lips linger there for a moment.

It felt good to hear him say he loved me. I knew he meant it. I could just tell. He may have his jerk moments where I want to slap him upside the head but then he has his sweet ones as well. They balance out well. Besides, he wouldn’t be Synyster Gates without the bit of cockiness that I was growing to love.

"Let's get changed and go finish visiting with my parents. Then I say we go back home and enjoy a nice night in. I'm pretty fucking exhausted." He finished with a yawn making me giggle. I backed up and pulled the shirt over my head. It fit perfectly so I knew it was way too small for Brian at this point.

"Sounds good to me." I told him as he pulled a Slayer tee over his own head and then went to change his pants into some dry jeans.

As we walked out of the room he pulled me into his side. "Next time we come over remind me to pull all those pictures down." His chuckle rumbled through his chest while I just rolled my eyes.

"Brian!" McKenna came flying out of a room all changed from her swim and was now carrying a small make up box. I watched as Brian's eyes shifted from his sister to the box and he shuddered.

"Can I paint your fingernails? I have black this time." A look of relief washed over Brian's face as she mentioned fingernails. Something told me there had been many other times where he ended up with more than just fingernail polish.

"Sure thing kid. Let's go back outside with mom and dad first though."

"Kacie, do you want to help?" She asked as we all filed back outside.

"I'd love to."

"Yay!"

"Oh fucking finally. She's got someone else's hands to paint!" Papa Gates exclaimed as he saw the three of us sit back down and McKenna pulled out her polishes.

"Oh Brian chill out. She's your daughter." Suzy chuckled.

"Yeah and he's her brother. Therefore he gets this fucking torture. Not me." He looked closer at the colors and looked upset. "Shit. Why did I never get black Kenna?"

"Because at the time I only had pink. Mom wouldn’t buy me black. She said pink was your color and black was Brian's and Brian wasn't home then." At this both Suzy, Brian and I all burst out in laughter at the look on Papa Gates' face. He looked so hurt and mad at the same time.

I tried to hold in my snicker as I grabbed one of Brian's hand and started to put on a coat of black to start with.

"Brian why are your hands rough?" McKenna's question was so innocent as she laid on her stomach and swung her feet up into the air while she played with her brother's hands.

"It's from playing guitar Kenna. They're calluses."

"Do they hurt?"

"Nope."

"Do you like them?" She asked.

"Sure. Kacie sure likes the way they feel inside." My hand slipped at his comment and sent a streak of black up his finger.

"What do you mean?"

"They make her squirm." I started coughing in an attempt to get him to shut up. His parents were laughing lightly as they watched the scene unfold. My glare was met with a smirk to which I rolled my eyes. He dug this hole for himself. Now he could get himself out.

"How?"

"When I tickle her silly." I gave Brian a look that clearly said 'seriously?' I had to admit it was a nice save on his part though. McKenna seemed satisfied with his answer and went back to attending to his right hand. Brian wiggled his fingers lightly on the hand I was working on making me look up at him. He wiggled his eyebrows but then winked at me.

"Hey McKenna, got any lipstick?" I asked without taking my gaze from Brian's. His eyes widened and he frantically shook his head.

"Yeah! Last time I used cherry red on him. It looked awesome!" I grabbed the sick from him and leaned in toward his face.

"Brian hold still!" McKenna ordered as his hands moved to try and grab me. He leaned back taking him with me and I was able to place some red lipstick on his lips extremely quickly. By this point his parents were in hysterics as was McKenna.

I gasped as Brian flipped us over so he was now straddling me. "Think it's funny eh?" He glared jokingly.

"Extremely." I giggled. His lips met mine transferring the lipstick onto my own. He was quick to move them to my neck at which point a loud ew erupted from McKenna.

"Dad make them go home if they are going to fuck!" Suzy gasped at her daughter's language.

"McKenna don't you dare talk like that!"

"But dad and Brian talk like that."

"Yeah well dad and Brian are boys. Not little ladies like you are." I sat up and was now watching the two of them.

"Well Brian looks like a little girl!" I cracked up at the statement and instantly fell into a fit of giggles.

"That's it missy." Brian said as he stood up and started running after his sister who had taken off the instant the sentence left her mouth.

"It's never a dull moment." Papa Gates sighed as he watched the two kids run around the yard.

"But that's what makes life great." I said in reply.

"I'm just happy he's found you Kacie. I think for once he's seeing that it might not be so bad to settle down and enjoy life with a loved one." I turned to smile at Papa Gates who had placed his arm around Suzy, thankful for his compliment.

"I sure hope you're right."
♠ ♠ ♠
hmmm so.... thoughts on Brian's feelings toward her now? I'm shocked at how many people think that he's not right for her.

on another note.... i have some news... i'm starting a Matt story! yay! i've got several chapters written already but i'm not going to post them just yet. I want to make sure i can juggle 3 stories first. buuuut if anyone should feel compelled to make me a lovely banner for it... i would love you forever! all i ask is that there is no photo of a girl in it. just Matt please!

the title is.... My Fears Burn While You're Around.
oooo haha.

my lovely cmmenters this time around were...
WalkingOnBrokenGlass
Lynnie Vicious
catastrophe.
Town House Terror
Just.Listen
Darkness_Surrounding
rockcitynosebleed
MissLis
perfectionist326
Brompton
Pinkly Smooth. RED.
You.Found.Me

thanks you guys! i'm glad you all like this story so much. woo!