I'll Take You There And Back Again

Chapter 6

The bus that sat in front of our house was huuuge. It was black, with completely tinted windows. There was a second bus behind it, that I'm assuming was the Avenged bus, and behind it were several big rig trucks.

"You look impressed." Zacky nudged me with his elbow as I still stood there gaping.

"I, well, I wasn't expecting a full fledged tour bus." I looked over to find him smirking.

"Well you didn't expect us to leave you with some crappy thing did you?" He questioned only for me to blush in reply. "Wait until you see the inside."

As we reached the door, Matt handed us each a card with a set of numbers written on it. "This is the code to open the door. Memorize it! Then shred the card so no one will get it. It's got our code on there too so you can come and go as you please." He reached over and typed in the code. The door unlatched and swung open. He stepped up onto the stairs and I immediately followed. Once we reached the landing I immediately gave out a small squeal of excitement. This was paradise. We were all standing in the living room area of the bus. There were a few small couches, along with a mini kitchenette table. There were cabinets on the walls and a small kitchen was across from it. Looking over I saw there was a fridge and a microwave, along with a small electric stove. More cupboards lined the ceiling area.

I ventured toward the back of the bus. Bunks lined the hallway as would be expected. I tossed my purse on one of the middle ones before continuing down the hall. On the left was a small bathroom that thankfully had a tiny shower. Heading further back I came to the back room. When I walked in I noticed a larger bed along with a few more couches and a huge tv on the wall. Under the tv was a cabinet thing. I soon discovered it held video games and movies. As I turned around to head back out I came face to face with Syn. He was leaning on the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest.

"So it looks like you like it." He smirked. I glanced behind him to see the rest of the guys all talking out in the front room.

"I love it." I walked over to him and gave him a hug as a thank you. He in turn wrapped his arms around me. "Thank you." I whispered. "This means a lot to me." I pulled away slightly before looking up into his eyes.

"You're welcome. I'm glad you guys are coming with us. I can guarantee you the fans are going to love you guys. Its nice to finally have a fresh of breath air out with us." He released me from his arms before giving me a light shove in the direction of the others.

"Well I guess we had better get this show on the road. Our first show is down in San Diego so we've only got a few hours to drive until we get there." Johnny informed us as we all still stood there.

"Well in that case, I'm going to go lie down for a bit. I have a feeling its going to be a long night." Sleep was sounding so nice. I don't care if it would only be for an hour or two. It was calling my name.

As I turned to head down the hallway I stuck my hand up and waved before disappearing into the bunk I had claimed. I heard the Avenged guys leave the bus and my group wander back and claim their own bunks as well. After tossing and turning for a few minutes I decided sleep just didn't want me today. I hopped down from my bunk and grabbed my small duffle bag from the closet before sitting back down on my bed. I took my folder with pictures out of it and snagged my ticky tack I had brought before sticking it to the back of the photos and attaching them to the wall. Pictures always gave off a homey vibe. I stared at the photo of myself standing next to my little brother and sister beside our parent's pool. I missed them so much. They loved the guys, and the guys loved them in return. Pretty much, all of our families were like one big combined one. It was great having so many people to turn to when things went sour.

After I got my wall covered in photos, I pulled out my little clock and placed it on the shelf at the foot of the bunk. Beside it I placed a small stuffed dog that my sister had given to me before I moved out on my own. She named it Brownie. Although she's thirteen, she's had an identical dog since she was seven. I knew all about her Brownie. It traveled with us, slept with us, held her shed tears, and even swam with us once, although that was on accident. She figured I may need a Brownie of my own for the tough times. She was too sweet.

My curtain was pulled back and I stared into Will's eyes. He climbed into my bunk next to me and rested his head on my shoulder. "So our dream finally came true." He said as he stared at the roof of my bunk.

"Yeah. It did. Still pretty shocking now that we're officially on the road."

"I know. But I have a feeling this is going to be one adventure we will never forget." I nodded my head in reply. "We're gonna have to keep an eye on you. You're the only girl on tour right now. Wouldn't want any guys to come and snag you away." He chuckled. And I wouldn't put it past them to make sure I was completely safe all the time.

Will and I laid there for what seemed like forever before Drew came and threw the curtain back.

"We're here!" He exclaimed before prancing his way back to the front of the bus.

"You ready for this?" Will asked me as he climbed out of my bunk and held his hand out for me. I grasped it and hopped down.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

~xXx~

"Wow." I whispered as I stood up on the stage looking out. It sure felt different being up on the stage rather than being in the crowd. I sat down on the edge and let my legs swing from side to side as I stared out into the empty arena, which would be filled later this evening.

"Its different being on stage isn’t it?" A voice said from beside me. I looked over and saw a pair of shoes. Following the feet, up the legs and stomach, I looked up into Zacky's eyes. He took a seat beside me. "Are you ok?" He must have sensed my apprehension.

"Yeah. Just sort of nervous now that I'm actually up here. It looks so big." Zacky put his arm around my shoulders.

"You'll be okay kid. I promise. Once this place fills up, you'll feel nothing but excitement. Plus you're no stranger to the stage. If there's anything you have to be nervous about, it's singing A Little Piece Of Heaven with us." He gave me smirk. Well that made me feel better. Note the sarcasm. Matt and I had hardly practiced. He said we didn't need to. He was convinced I would do it perfectly.

"Yo Zack. Jimmy's looking for ya. Said something about you knowing where one of his bags got put on the bus. He can't seem to find it." Brian was making his way across the stage over to where we were sitting. Zacky gave my shoulder a squeeze before standing up and heading off the find Rev.

"So what brings you out here?" Brian questioned as he took Zacky's now vacant spot.

"Just looking. I used to come to concerts here when I was a kid. It's just such a different feeling knowing I'll be on the stage this time instead of in the crowd." Memories of past concerts filled my head. My first concert was Green Day back in high school. I brought my sister here to see her first concert. The time we were leaving and found Drew drunk off a bunch of beer some other guy had bought for him. The time we got to go backstage and meet My Chemical Romance because one of the roadies thought I was cute, that being one of the more recent adventures. We, as a group, decided if there was a place to go to large concerts at it was San Diego instead of Los Angeles. There were less people and it rarely sold out.

"Trip down memory lane?" Brian's soothing voice interrupted my thoughts and brought me back down from my cloud.

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "Yeah. Good times were spent here."

"You look nervous." Well I applaud him on his ability to observe feelings.

"Is it that noticeable?" I groaned as I propped my elbows on my knees and rested my head in my hands as I turned to look at him.

"Just a little. But it's completely understandable." He patted his leg and I shifted so I was laying down on the edge of the stage and my head was on his thigh. His fingers ran through my hair. He sure knew how to help a girl relax. "I remember our first big concert. It went alright. Sound guy messed up my settings a bit. But it all worked out."

~Garret's Pov~

"Hey Garret, you've gotta come see this. But keep it down." Matt and Johnny beckoned me from the couch I was lounging on. I set my guitar down in its stand and followed them out of the room and down the hallway. They stopped part way and pressed their fingers to their lips indicating for me to be quiet. They led me to the side of the stage. As I looked out I saw Syn sitting on the edge with Kacie's head in his lap. They sure looked cute like that. Kacie loved to have her hair played with so I'm sure she was in heaven as his fingers ran through it. Something was telling me we were going to have a tour couple this time. But I wasn't going to tell anyone else that. I just don't want to see her get hurt. And if there's one person that could break her heart it was a rockstar.