I'll Take You There And Back Again

Chapter 8

So I've decided I don't like Phoenix. I may be a city girl, but Phoenix is not the city for me. It's way too hot here. Logging onto the weather channel website while sitting on my nice cool bus, I was informed it was currently 103 degrees outside. And here we were, parked outside an amphitheater. That's right, an outdoor amphitheater. Just my luck right? I should give the booking manager a piece of my mind. Sighing, I closed the lid to my laptop and laid my head back down onto the back of the couch. Today was going to be miserable. I heard a click and turned to see the door to my bus swing open. Zacky practically ran onto the bus before slamming the door behind him to keep the heat out. His face was flushed and he looked hot, temperature wise mind you.

"Fuck it's hot out there!" He plopped down next to me and I just nodded in agreement.

I had to admit, I was pretty comfortable sitting here in shorts and a tank top, my favorite kind of clothing. Zacky had on a white tee and a pair of dark green cargo shorts and flip flops to top it off. Well that's a different sight.

"So what's up Mr. V? Get tired of your own bus?"

"You could say that. More like I needed to find a smoothie buddy." He grinned at me. "Care to come join me? I have a car at my disposal." I nodded my head vigorously. Something cold would hit the spot right about now.

"You bet I'm in. Just let me grab my wallet." I made my way to my bunk and grabbed my wallet off my shelf before shoving it into my back pocket and my cell phone into my other one.

"So I was told that there's a Jamba Juice about ten minutes from here." Zacky explained as he led me out of my bus and into the scorching heat. You could literally see the heat waves in the air. He stopped as we reached a small black car.

"So how did you get access to this?" I wondered out loud.

"There's several cars that are ours for the tour. It allows us to get away for a bit if we want to. It's a nice perk you could say."

"So how are we supposed to play in this heat? And furthermore, why the heck are we not in an indoor arena?" Zacky just laughed as he pulled out of the parking lot and headed down the road.

"The key is to drink lots of water before. And as for the indoor arena, it was already booked. So we got landed here. But hey it can fit more fans so I'm not complaining." He was insane. And my facial expression told him I thought so.

Before I could even say something back he had cut me off. "So what do you think of being on tour wish us so far. I mean I know it's only been a day, but still."

"Well so far, I think you guys are a bunch of nut cases." I tried to keep a straight face through my lie. Zacky slammed on the breaks as we hit a red light and turned to face me. "You what?" His eyes were wide and his mouth was slightly open.

"I'm kidding." I laughed. "You guys are great. Seriously."

"You and Brian seem to be getting along." I whipped my head to look at him. Great, now someone else was going to try and pry information out of me.

"What can I say. He's a nice guy." I shrugged trying to play it off.

"Yeah. A nice guy that you're attracted to." Zacky turned the car off before he climbed out of the car leaving me there. I jumped out after him.

"Hey I am not attracted to him." I said as I followed him into Jamba Juice.

"You two were sure cozy on the stage yesterday."

I narrowed my eyes at him as he ordered. "He was helping me to relax. And how did you know about that?" He paid and I stepped up and ordered.

"Relax." He scoffed. "Sure. And Matt told me." He tried to wave it off as nothing. I sat down across from him at the table.

"Matt saw?"

"Sure did. And so did Johnny and Garret." As much as I wanted to drop my jaw I kept it firmly shut trying to play it off.

"Oh. Well it was nothing. So don't worry your pretty little head over it." Zacky got up and retrieved our drinks before sitting back down and rolling his eyes at me.

"You're not a very good liar." He took a sip and then smirked at me. Sighing I nodded.

"I know." His facial expression told me that he wanted to hear more. I didn't say anything for a moment and he looked pointedly at me.

"You can tell me. I won't say anything you know. That's what smoothie buddies do." I laughed slightly before setting my smoothie down on the table and looking him in the eyes.

"Alright. I find Brian to be attractive. Happy?" I gave a sarcastic grin as he muttered something along the lines of "I knew it."

"So did anyone else want one of these?" I asked Zacky who was slurping up the little that remained of his drink.

"No. Fuckers didn't want to come with me. So they don’t get one." He set his now empty cup down before grabbing my wrist to look at my tattoo.

"That looks really cool. Is that the only one you've got?"

"No. I've got a few more. One on the right side of my lower back that's a blue shooting star. And then I've got two more. One on each hip bone. They're two kanji characters, one says faith and the other says family." I smirked for a moment. "My wrist tat is the only one that shows, unless I wear a combo of low rise jeans and a short shirt." Zacky released my wrist and let me take a hold of his arms.

"Now you've got quite the collection. All of you guys do."

"You should see Syn's sleeve of monsters. I'm sure he'd be more than willing to show them all to you." I smacked one of his arms lightly as he laughed and winked at me.

"Shall we head back?" He asked as he stood up. I just sat there and groaned. Back in the heat was not where I wanted to be at the moment.

"Sure. Why not."

Before I knew it we were back to the buses. Zacky opened up his bus door and beckoned me inside. I could hear loud music and laughter coming from the back room. He led and I followed. The door opened and the source of the noise was revealed. Both bands were lounging playing Guitar Hero. Will groaned as he lost to Johnny.

"I guess there's a reason why I'm the drummer and not the guitarist." He grumbled as he handed the guitar to me as I walked by. "Enjoy your smoothie?" He continued.

"Oh you bet." I smiled widely. "So who shall become my victim?" I wiggled me eyes while smirking evilly at the guys, none of which stood up. My boys knew better. Brian stood up and grabbed the guitar from Johnny. I glanced at Zacky who gave me a wink before sitting down between Shads and Garret on the couch.

"Bring it Kace." He smirked as he slung the guitar over his shoulder.

"Oh I intend to Mr. Gates. I do intend to. I'll even be nice and let you pick the song." I bowed graciously to him as the guys all laughed.

"How bout I be nice and not beat you too badly?" I smiled as he rested on One by Metallica. Little did he know this was my best song.

"Expert?" He asked.

"No Syn. I want easy." I rolled my eyes. "Duh! Expert! Bring it on." The guys all laughed at my enthusiasm.

"So Brian. What do you say we make a bet." I smirked seeing his face lighten up.

"Depends on what you want."

"If I win, you have to give me a piggy back ride onstage tonight." Hey it may not have been anything major, but it would be fun.

"Ok. And if I win, I get to pick out what you wear tonight." I nodded my head and we shook hands on it.

Half way through the song I could tell Syn was impressed. I had yet to miss a note. But so had he. "Shit. Mother fucker!" He swore as a note was missed on his part.

The winner lettering flashed across my side of the screen and Brian's facial expression couldn’t have been better. His jaw was practically hitting the floor as he stared back and forth between me and the screen.

"Syn got his ass kicked. By a girl no less!" Jimmy howled. My band just sat there laughing, knowing I was good at this game.

"Wooo I get a piggy back ride tonight! And since it was so close, I'll still let you help me pick out what to wear. Help is the key word there." His eyes lit up and he just smiled at me.

"Anyone hungry for lunch?" Matt piped up. Zacky and I kinda shook our heads no but the rest of the guys said they were. We all filed out of the bus and into the backstage area of the venue, Zacky and I included.

"Yo JB, where's the food set up at?" Johnny asked JB as he hurried past with an armful of cables.

"It's back further. I think the room has a sign on it or something." We made our way deeper into the venue and eventually found the room that did indeed have a sign on it.

"Oh yes!" Drew exclaimed at the sight of all the food that had been brought in. Everyone grabbed a plate and piled on the food. Zacky and I each only took a little since we were still full of smoothie.

"Hey Kacie, catch." I looked up right as Garret aimed and threw a grape in my direction. I opened up my mouth and caught it expertly. I picked up my bottle of water and downed a good portion. Had to drink lots of water like Zacky said. Wow. Me listening to advice from Zacky V. Who would have thought.

I got up once I finished my water and fished out a red mountain dew from the fridge. Most of the guys were having beers. I stuck with sodas.

Will slung his arm around my shoulders as I sat back down. He also leaned over and gave me a big kiss on the side of my head. I cocked an eyebrow as I turned to face him. "What was that for?"

"Oh you know. Just for being the best chick in the world. And I have a feeling you're going to look very hot tonight." I looked at Will to see he was smiling at Syn who was wiggling his eyebrows at me. I crossed my arms and stuck my tongue out at him.

~xXx~

"So since it's so hot outside, still, I think you need as little clothes as possible." Brian had a giant smirk on his face. My jaw dropped and I smacked his arm before pulling out my suitcase and plopping it on my bunk.

"This will work." Brian held up a pair of my super short white jean shorts. "And you'll need this." He then grabbed one of my tan thongs. I snatched the thong from his grasp.

"Keep in mind, you're only allowed to help."

"But it's true! You need to try and keep cool while on stage in this heat. These shorts will do the trick, and if you're wearing white, you gotta wear tan thongs!" He held his arms up in defense. I just laughed and grabbed the shorts before laying them out and the thong with it. I dug through my bag and held up a purple tube top and held it up to my chest.

"Ahh smart girl. Not only is that my favorite color, but I have a feeling that's going to look great on you. Now go change!" He shoved the clothes into my hands and pushed me into the bathroom. I undressed and pulled on my shorts before realizing I didn't have my strapless bra. I leaned my head out into the hallway.

"Brian! I need my strapless bra!" I heard some whistles from the front that meant there were more guys on board. "Oh shut up! Just someone bring me it!" I watched as Syn walked down the hallway and stopped at my bag. He rummaged through it for a moment before holding up my black strapless bra.

"This the one you want?" I nodded as he came to stand by the door, but he held it behind his back.

"Maybe I should make you come out and get it. In fact, I think I will." He smirked before heading back into the front room, with my bra still in hand.

"Brian! You get back here!" I yelled but I knew it was a lost cause. Groaning I grabbed one of the towels, which only happened to be a small hand towel, and held it against my chest before throwing the bathroom door open and trudging out into the hallway. And here I thought he was decent guy.

Brian was sitting on one of the couches along with Zacky, Matt, and Garret. He dangled my bra in the air before shoving it behind his back. The other guys were looking at me while laughing at the same time. Brian patted his leg and I sat down next to him on the couch, still careful to hold the towel in the right place.

"Now that's not where I asked you to sit." He smirked. I glared knowing that there was no way I was going to get my bra back unless I did what he asked. So getting up I repositioned myself on his lap.

"Happy?" I asked as I grit my teeth.

"Sure am." He put his arms around me. His bare skin against my bare skin. I was still clutching the towel like there was no tomorrow.

"Can I please have my bra back now?" Matt and Zacky had smirks on their faces while Garret was rolling his eyes. All I wanted to do was get dressed. Was that too much to ask for? I glared at Matt and Zack before turning to face Syn.

"I don’t know." Sighing I got up off his lap and trudged back down the hallway. I let go of my towel, since I was facing away from the guys, and grabbed my suitcase.

"I think you pissed her off." I heard Zacky tell Syn. I trudged into the back room quickly before shutting the door. As I was searching for another shirt to wear, and one of my bras that had straps, I heard the door open.

"Ahh! Brian get out!" I tried to cover up with my arms but it was no good. His eyes went wide and I dove face first onto the bed since there was no other cover.

"Damn… you have a nice rack." I heard the door close but when I turned I saw he was still standing there.

"As much as I appreciate that lovely comment, I'd like to get dressed now." How embarrassing.

"Well" He started. "Why don't you let me help you out then." I felt the bed shift and the next thing I knew he was straddling my butt. My eyes widened. Synyster Gates was straddling my ass. I felt his hands move up my back. His breath was warm as he spoke in my ear.

"Lean up some." My heart was beating fast. I leaned my upper body up a little bit. "More. Come on." I raised up more and I felt him reach under me and put my bra in place before hooking it around my back.

"There ya go babe." He gave my neck a slow kiss before climbing off me and exiting the room to leave me lying there, wondering if that really just happened. I have got to control myself more. I can't fall for him.

~xXx~

"I'm here!!!" I announced as I entered our room in the venue and twirled around. I had just gotten out of make up and hair and I was ready to rock. As I looked around, I noticed everyone was in the room. Zacky let out a whistle as I bowed.

I rolled my eyes at Brian who was smirking before I took a seat next to Will and Adam. "Hello boys." I draped my arms over their shoulders and sat up on my knees.

"Why are you so chipper?" Adam gave me a funny look. I couldn't help it if I was happy. It had been a somewhat good day despite the heat. And tonight I got my piggy back ride on stage from Syn.

"What? Can't a girl be happy every now and then?" I questioned.

"I think someone got laid." Drew laughed. My jaw dropped as I stared at him.

"I did not! Not that it would be any of your business anyway."

"You look hot tonight." Matt piped in before I could crab at Drew any more. I looked over at him to see he had a smile on his face, not a smirk like the rest of the boys had.

"Why thank you! Slightly out of my comfort zone though. I feel like a slut with all the make up and everything. But I appreciate the compliment." I laughed. My shorts felt too short, and the tube top was really only something I wore every now and then. But hey, if it means I can try and stay cool on stage, it was worth it.

Tonight's show was less nerve wracking for me. I knew how things would work and what to do. As I looked at the clock on the wall I saw we went on in twenty minutes.

"I'm going to head side stage. Anyone care to join me?" I looked around and saw no one making to move. So I left on my own. I passed some roadies on the way and stopped to talk for a minute.

I was standing on the side watching people bustle around while setting things up.

"You really do look good tonight." I turned to see Syn leaning against a few cases that were lined up on the wall. His arms were crossed so his muscles were flexed. And you look good too. No I can't be thinking that.

"Thanks." I mumbled afraid to look him in the eyes.

"I like purple on you. You should wear it more often. It makes your hair stand out." I just nodded. He walked over and squatted down so I could climb up on his back. I did and he wrapped his arms around my legs.

"Drop me and you're dead." I warned as I rested my hands on his shoulders. He gave my legs a squeeze.

"I'd never drop a beautiful girl." I ran my fingers through his hair slightly. "Unless I'm going to be there to catch them as well." I smiled before leaning down to rest my head on his. The rest of the guys came out and walked past me, kissing me on the head before taking their places on the dark stage. Brian looked up at me and gave me a wink before heading out on stage.

The crowd was yelling and screaming, probably for the fact that Synyster Gates had made an early appearance. I waved and hopped off his back.

"So I lost a bet. Well, more like she kicked my ass at Guitar Hero so I was her stage transportation." He said while laughing into my microphone. "So without further ado, I give you Murder By fucking Midnight!" And with that he turned to me. "Have fun." He whispered before giving my ass a pinch and walked off stage. What is it with Avenged Sevenfold and my ass? I may never know.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback maybe?