Long Live Us

Don't Panic

"Alex!" Jack yelled from where he was sitting on the couch. He had been watching the news all day since it had cut into every single channel. "Alex! Come here!"

Alex shuffled his way to the living room, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"What do you want?" he yawned. "I was trying to sleep. This better be important."

"Look!" Jack said pointing to the flat screen T.V. hanging on the wall. "There's a zombie outbreak in Baltimore!"

This caught Alex's attention and he pushed Jack over so he could sit on the couch. The screen showed live clips of zombies attacking and eating people. Jack and Alex tried not to throw up when a zombie tore a person open and began eating them. The military and police forces were trying to fight off the zombies, only to be eaten or turned to zombies themselves. It was like something in a movie. A knock at the door made the both of them jump. Jack decided to be brave and answer it with Alex following close behind. Rian and Zack were standing there, tools and wood in hand.

"What the fuck are you guys doing?" Alex asked, raising an eyebrow at all the wood and tools.

"Dude, did you not see the news?" Zack said. "There's a fucking zombie outbreak and it's right down the street from us! I saw it with my own eyes man, it's crazy!"

Rian and Zack pushed their way into the house and started boarding up the doors and windows. If there were actually zombies out there, were they safe? Alex was suddenly very glad that Jack had forced him to go to the store and pick up a lot of food yesterday. Jack was staring out of one of the windows that weren't boarded up yet, and his face was completely pale. Alex put his head on Jack's shoulder and looked up at the younger man.

"What's wrong, Jacky?"

Jack didn't move. He didn't even blink. Alex looked out the window to see what he was staring at. He looked down the road and saw what Jack was scared of. Zombies. And they were coming right towards them.

***

All the lights in the house were off and the only light in the room was a little candle. They had locked themselves in Alex's room with all their supplies. They figured it would be safest since it was on the top floor and it couldn't be accessed easily by zombies. Rian and Zack were on the floor writing out plans while Jack and Alex were on the bed. Alex cradled Jack's head in his lap while the younger boy slept. He would be sleeping too, but he was too worried. He was worried for his life. He was worried for his friend's lives. He was worried about Jack. The sleeping boy snuggled closer to Alex and drooled a little. The older boy smiled and threaded his fingers through Jack's hair. Even in a crazy zombie crisis, Jack was still Jack. It comforted him to know that Jack would be there for him. He knew Jack would keep him safe, and he would do his best to keep Jack safe.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is my first Jalex fic ^-^ It's actually based off a reoccurring nightmare I have. (and the Walking Dead)
I have things planned for this fic, but lately I've been really tired and unhappy, so updates will vary.
But anyways
Comments are appreciated!
Stay tuned my lovelies! <3