Long Live Us

Run Away From Here

"Where are we going?" Alex asked as Jack loaded up the van with boxes.

"It's not safe in Baltimore anymore," he replied, stopping for a moment to kiss the older boy's head. "We're gonna try and drive to meet up with the dudes from Pierce the Veil and see if they're alive."

Alex nodded and took his place in the passenger seat. Jack was taking the first driving shift, and Alex wanted to be as close to him as possible. Zack and Rian showed up with more supplies from the wreckage of Alex's old house and surrounding houses. They packed it into the van and laid down in their own row, resting for their driving shifts. Jack started up the car and began to drive. Alex watched as Baltimore began to fade away from sight. It made him sad to leave, depite all the bad things that had happened. It was still his home. Once they were out of Maryland, Alex turned to Jack.

"Is the trip gonna be dangerous?" he asked wuietly, not wanting to wake the others.

"Yeah," Jack said, looking over and taking Alex's hand in his own. "But I'll protect you."

Jack squeezed his boyfriend's hand and pressed a soft kiss to it. He reached over Alex to recline the other boy's seat.

"Go to sleep, we've got a long way to go."

Alex nodded and laid down. He fell asleep after only a few minutes, and Jack smiled. The ride would be long, but he would get there. With Alex by his side, there wasn't anything he couldn't do. He looked over at the sleeping boy beside him, and felt the hope rise in his heart.

He drove into the setting sun, the light shining down on Alex. He'd protect his boyfriend, no matter how much it took.

~END~
♠ ♠ ♠
so that was the end
BUT
i am planning a sequel
maybe
later
if i feel like it