Long Live Us

To Live and Let Go

"I'm not leaving him!" Jack screamed, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"We don't have a choice!" Rian said quickly. "We've gotta got out of here, with Alex or not."

Jack desperately tried to reach Alex, but his arms weren't long enough and Alex was hanging too far down. Alex looked up at him with teary eyes. Jack knew Alex wouldn't be able to hold himself up much longer, and he was terrified to leave without Alex.

"You have one minute, Jack. Get him out or we're going without him." Zack said, watching to make sure the zombies weren't too close to them yet.

Jack could see the zombies below Alex. They were trying to grab Alex's legs and pull him down to eat him. Fear filled Alex's eyes and Jack cried out in frustration. Suddenly, he felt arms around his waist and he was being pulled away from Alex. He screamed and kicked angrily, trying to get back to Alex.

"Don't leave me!" Alex screamed in terror.

"I'm sorry!" Rian cried out before pulling Zack and Jack out of the warehouse.

Jack didn't even get to say goodbye

* * * *

Rian dragged a sobbing Jack through the suburbs of Baltimore. He knew leaving Alex would be tough, but if it meant keeping their lives, they had to do it. Zack eventually had to carry Jack because he refused to walk. They walked through the empty street, the only noise being the muffled sobs from Jack. They stopped in front of Cassadee's
house
and Rian took a deep breath. He hoped she was alive, even though he knew that there was a very little chance that she was. The
windows
on the house were boarded up just like the others. He slowly opened the front door and walked inside. Her house was just like he remembered, only a bit messier. He walked down the hallway and heard the groan of zombies coming from Cassadee's parent's room. It made him tremble at the thought of Cassadee becoming a zombie. He found Cassadee's room and put his ear to her door. He heard someone in there, someone moving. He didn't hear any zombie groans, but he heard shuffling around. He was about to turn and leave when the door opened.

There was Cassadee.

* * * *

Zack sat on Cassadee's front lawn and tried to soothe the sobbing Jack. He patted the other man's head and sighed. He didn't know what to say to help him. Rian came out five minutes later with Cassadee by his side. Zack picked up Jack again and the four of them made it back to Alex's house.

The only thing missing was Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Alex!

Comments are very appreciated!
Stay tuned! <3