Long Live Us

Empty Pillow Talk

Jack kept Alex's letter and the picture in the left pocket in his hoodie. He read it everyday over and over while looking at the picture. How could he have been so blind? Now that he thought about it, he was very oblivious to Alex's moves to try to win him over. He stole some of Alex's clothing that he left behind and wore it while he slept. He would cuddle into Alex's hoodie and remember all the good times they had. Sometimes he'd hug a pillow tightly to his chest and whisper to the air, as if he were talking to Alex. He'd always dreamed of Alex, and always woke up crying, knowing that he'd never see his best friend ever again.

* * * *

"Jack?" Rian asked, peering his head into the room.

"Yeah?" Jack replied quietly. He had been napping in Alex's pajamas until Rian had knocked on the door and woke him up.

"We gotta get more stuff," he said quietly. "Do you wanna go?"

Jack thought about it for a moment. He didn't really wanna go out into town, but he didn't want to be alone either. What if someone got left behind again when they went out? Then again, if he stayed home alone, who would protect him? It was a tough decision.

"Sure. I guess."

Rian handed him his backpack and they both headed out the door. Jack didn't bother to change, it's not like anyone would care anyway. They went into Baltimore and made their way into an abandoned house. The house looked like it had been ready for the zombie attack, but it seemed that no one in the house survived. The three boys refused to look down at all the bloody stains on the carpet flooring. As they were going to the hallway, they noticed someone standing in front of a door. It was a zombie. They were about to leave, but they heard a whimper that definitely didn't come from the zombie. Zack started to turn and leave when he saw the zombie, but Rian grabbed his shoulder. Jack watched as Rian grabbed one of those things you poke fires with, and he slowly crept up to the zombie. He struck the pole through the zombie's head and pushed its dead body away with his foot. He opened the door the zombie was attacking and he froze in shock, his mouth slightly agape. Jack and Zack ran up to him and peered into the room.

Alex was lying unconscious on the bathroom floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
c:
Comments are very much appreciated!
Stay tuned! <3