Long Live Us

Who Could Deny These Butterflies?

The first thing Alex saw when he woke up was Jack's face just inches away from his own. He blinked a couple of times to make sure it was real. Jack's smile grew wider, and Alex was smothered by a hug. Jack held him tightly and refused to let go. Alex tried to blink away the happy tears, but only made them go down his face faster. Jack pulled back and wiped away the tears.

"Don't cry," he whispered. "Don't cry, Lex."

Alex couldn't help it. He laid his head down on Jack's shoulder and cried. Jack smiled and held him, rocking him gently. Soon, he pulled away and looked into Alex's eyes. He was about to speak, but Zack walked in. They all exchanged hugs and happy tears.

"How did you get out?" Zack asked. "We thought you were dead!"

"Well," Alex said. "I was about to fall, but this guy named Matt saved me. I don't remember how because I fainted, but he let me go to his
house
and stay there. I wanted to come back home to you guys, but there were zombies surrounding the house. I haven't seen him since yesterday. Did you find him somewhere around the house?"

Zack and Jack looked at each other. Zack looked back at Alex.

"I think we killed him, Alex. He turned into a zombie and was trying to get you out of that bathroom when we found you," Zack said quietly.

Alex frowned and looked down. He looked so upset, and it made Jack's heart burn. Jack stepped up to Alex and lifted his head.

"I'm just glad you're okay," he whispered.

Alex blushed and looked down, but he was smiling this time. Jack knew one thing for sure, he and Alex had to talk.

* * * *

Jack sat down on the bed beside Alex. Zack had finally left a while ago, and now they were left by themselves.

"Alex," Jack said softly. "I...I read your letter that you wrote."

"Jack," he said quickly. "I-I didn't mean it. I ju-"

Jack cut him off with a soft kiss. It was just a short kiss, no tongue or anything else involved. Alex blushed and Jack wrapped his arms around him.

"I love you too, Alex."
♠ ♠ ♠
;)
Comments are very much appreciated!
Stay tuned!