Long Live Us

Sick Little Games

Alex slept close to Jack that night, it made him feel better that he didn't have to hide from his his best friend. He finally didn't have to lie anymore. He curled into Jack and coughed a little. Ever since he had gotten back home, he felt weird. He felt a fever coming on, but didn't do anything about it. Right now, he was focused on falling asleep with Jack.

* * * *

Jack woke up to an intense heat on his neck. He looked down to find Alex resting against him, breathing softly. Jack touched his face gently, and found that Alex had a high fever. It worried him to know that Alex was sick. What if he was infected like Rian said? He would never let that happen. He slid out from Alex's grip, careful not to wake him, and went to the bathroom to get a cold cloth. He laid the cloth gently across Alex's burning forehead, and pressed a kiss to his cheek. Alex smiled a little in his sleep, and Jack went downstairs to go talk to Rian and Zack.

"Hey guys," he said, hopping onto the couch with them.

"Hey, where's Alex?" Zack asked, pushing Jack's feet away from him.

"I think he might be getting sick," Jack said quietly.

The three boys were silent. Rian got up and grabbed his gun off the table, heading for Alex's room.

"No!" Jack screamed.

"Rian! You don't know if he's infected!" Zack yelled, trying to pry the gun out of his hands.

Rian easily pushed Zack away and slammed open the bedroom door. Alex was still fast asleep, unaware of the danger he was in. Jack and Zack tried to pull Rian away and take away the gun, but they couldn't get it out of his grip. They all jumped at the sound of a gun shot.

Rian had shot Alex.

* * * *

Alex's screams of pain filled the room. Jack ran over to him and pulled the blanket back. Alex had been shot in his hip, and blood was leaking out fast. Jack grabbed an old towel off the ground and pressed it to the wound. Zack shoved his hand over Alex's mouth so he could muffle the screams in case any zombies were nearby and could hear the screaming. Blood was leaking through the towel quickly and Alex was getting visibly paler. He let Zack hold the towel to him while he ran off to get the first aid kit. Rian stood there and stared at what he had done. He had just shot his best friend. He looked down, he didn't really mean to. He looked back up when he heard Alex's choked sob. Jack was cleaning the wound now, and seemed to be pulling the bullet out of Alex's hip. Rian could see all the blood spilling out of Alex and onto the once white sheets. From all the blood he saw, he wasn't sure if Alex could make it through. But there was one thing he did know.

He was really sorry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are very much appreciated!
Stay tuned!