Status: In Hiatus (too much stuff going on... haven't been able to concentrate on anything)

Taken From Me

You Are A Hockey Girlfriend?

I yawned and Layla looked at me. "Pringles, get it together!" Layla said.

I laughed and said, "I am trying Lays!"

"Alright, where did you go Saturday night?" she asked me.

I hesitated because even though I had worked with her for a while, she still didn't know my last name or who I was dating for that matter. "I was out with some friends," I said.

"Some friends?" Layla questioned.

"Yup about 21,000 of them" I said.

She gave me a look and said, "21,000 of them?"


******************

Catherine and I walked up the stairs, the Montreal fans giving us grief. "Relax," she said. "They are just pissed cause our men know how to win."

A man gave her a dirty look and I laughed. "They sure do," I replied.

At that time he gave me a dirty look and I said, "Do you have a problem..."

Catherine pulled me up the stairs, laughing. "Don't let them get under your skin. They are just pissed," she stated, still laughing.


****************

"I went to a hockey game in Montreal," I said.

"With who?" she asked me.

"Don't freak out on me, but I know Kris Letang's girlfriend," I said.

"You went with her?" she asked, surprised. "Didn't know you were that close to a hockey girlfriend."

I smiled at her and said, "Don't be so surprised. I am a hockey girlfriend myself."

"YOU WHAT?" she shouted, scaring the customers that were still browsing around the store.


**************

"HAPPY NEW YEARS!" everybody shouted as Sidney kissed me again.

I took a deep breath after he released me and he said, "Anna, I never forgot the moment I met you. I used to dream of you all the time. It stopped just recently and now you are dropped in my lap."

I smiled and he said, "Don't you see it?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him, fireworks going off.

"We are ment to be together. Please, let me be with you," he begged.

"Sidney," I started. "I have a past..."

"I know about the stalker. I want to be there to protect you," he said. "Please Anna."

I looked into his eyes and knew at that moment, I was going to be a hockey girlfriend.


*************

"Who?" Layla hissed. "Who is your hockey beau?"

I took a deep breath and said in a whisper, "Don't you repeat this please. You must promise me."

"I promise!" she said. "Who?"

"Sidney Crosby," I whispered.

"OH MY GOD!" she shouted. When a woman looked at her, she said, "She said she loves cats. I do too!"

The lady chuckled and pushed her cart to the cards. I looked at her and said, "We are keeping it on the DL since I have a stalker."

"You have a stalker?" she questioned.

"He is very violent so until he is found and gets arrested, we want to keep it quiet," I said.


************

I ran through the alley as I heard David call for me. "Anna! Please don't run from me!" he shouted.

I stepped in a mud puddle and stumbled, grabbing a windowsill for support. My shoes were forgotten back at Hayliee's apartment. Tears streaked down my face because David had killed Hayliee.

I hid behind a dumpster and waited for David to pass. "Anna, please you have to understand," he said, standing in front of the dumpster. "She was in our way."

I bit my lip and covered my mouth. My head was pounding from hitting it on the coffee table. I had scrambled to help Hayliee and David pushed me with the end result of me hitting my head on the coffee table.

"If you are mad about me pushing you, I didn't mean it," he said. "I love you baby."

When I was sure he had passed, I went running for the entrance to the alley way and into the next diner.


**********

"Earth to Anna!" Layla said, waving her hand in front of my face.

"I'm sorry," I said and then someone walked up to the counter. "How may I help you?"

"Can you help me find the air fresheners?"the lady asked.

I walked from my cash register and said, "Yes ma'am, I can help you."

Layla poked me and said, "Don't think about Sidney at work. You slack."

I poked her back and said, "I wasn't thinking about him."
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy this chapter as I try to think about my next chapter. My mind is racing right now because I have applied for a job so please bear with me as I try to update when I can. Hope you like it!