Status: One-shot

Such a Fickle Thing

1/1

Love is such a fickle thing. You could claim it didn’t exist. You could claim you hated it. And that exactly what Alex Gaskarth believed. He only knew the screaming and crying of the fans that they loved him. Of course he believed it.
His best friend was worried about how he claimed to not feel love. Jack became more worried when Alex fell into a state of depression after one particular tour. Jack, not wanting to go back to his own home, had decided to stay at Alex’s grand house.

One night, Jack was torn away from Home Alone by Baz whining and franticly barking. “Baz! Hush!” Jack yelled. The dog then came flying into the lounge, whimpering. The thing that made Jack actually get up and see what was worrying the canine was when he looked over at Baz, blood slightly coated his nose.

The moment Jack got out of his seat, Sebastian darted away towards Alex’s room. Jack followed hurriedly, heart sinking with every step closer. Before he turned the corner into his best friend’s room, he stopped and listened. Sobbing could be heard. That sent the raven haired male into panic mode.

The sight that greeted him after turning the corner broke Jack’s heart in two. Alex was huddled up in the far corner, a knife from the kitchen hanging limply from a bloodied hand. His face was hidden in his hair and pant legs, but he still shook with each cry. Baz padded over to Alex, whimpering and nudging his blood soaked hands with his nose again. Jack quickly walked over to his best friend. He collapsed in front of the younger man, falling to his knees in the soft carpeting. “‘Lex, what’s wrong?” he asked, voice strained. The singer didn’t reply, just shaking his head and sobbing louder. Jack sighed and pulled Alex onto him. The bloodstained knife fell, landing with a thud on the floor, leaving Alex to wince when the gashes up his forearm pressed against the fabric of Jack’s shirt.

“Please Jack… Just…Just g-go...” he sputtered through breaths.

Jack just shook his head no, “I’m not leaving Lexy.”

“B-b-but please…” Alex managed to get out, trying to tear away from his fellow band-mate’s grasp. His struggling was easily stilled as Jack tightened his grip around Alex’s waist.

“No Alex. I’m not leaving. I love you too much to let you go through this alone,” Jack interrupted, his tone firm. Alex froze. No one ever said those three words to him like that. Ever. It just didn’t happen. Jack continued, “You are too important to me to let you go. So I’m never going to.”

Alex couldn’t believe his ears. He knew Jack wouldn’t lie about this. So when he felt his chin tilted up and the guitarist’s lips pressed to his, it cemented it into Alex’s mind. He gingerly kissed back, feeling the so called cliché sparks. Alex knew what had happened.
He’d actually received and provided pure, true, clean love.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, half this was wrote at ten last night. Ignore grammar/spelling mistakes, so on and so forth, k-thnx-bye~