Sequel: My Worst Enemy
Status: completed!

Almost Too Much

Polar Opposites

Mariela's POV--

"I swear to god Mariela, if you do not wake up right now, I'll drag you out of bed by your cheap extensions," Carabella's voice echoed through my room.

Cheap? They are not cheap. I shot up to a sitting position in my bed.

"You think my extensions look cheap?" I jutted out my bottom lip.

"No, but I knew that'd get you up," She laughed, standing in my door way.

"You're a bitch." I smiled.

"Takes one to know one. Now get the hell up," she added as she exited my room.

I ran my fingers through my blonde hair, that had splashes of red in the front underneath the top layer. I glanced at the clock, and the green numbers flashed at me. 8:15. The adoption center doesn't open until 10! I could have slept for at least another hour.
I forced myself out of bed and dragged my self all the way down stairs to the kitchen where Carabella sat drinking a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper.

"You look like a middle aged man," I chuckled at her.

"Well, I actually care what happens in the world," She snorted.

"Yeah, well. Yolo." I said jokingly and took a seat across from her.

She had her beautiful naturally black hair pulled into a bun on the top of her head. Her rich brown eyes scanned the newspaper quickly. They were framed by mascara-clad lashes, and a little bit of brown eyeshadow. Her lips were a glossy light pink. She was a simple, natural beauty.

"Does it just suck in the morning to wake up and be fuckin' gorgeous?" I sneered sarcastically, half laughing.

"Yeah, its a curse." She played along.

If I had to pick two words to describe Carabella, they'd be SIMPLE and MATURE. She had a basic black v-neck on and a pair of light wash skinny jeans.

"I guess I'll shower or something." I grumbled, making my way to the bathroom.

"Good you smell disgusting," She smiled. I stuck my tongue out at her playfully and closed the bathroom door behind me.

After I showered and dried my hair, I walked back to my room and picked out an outfit.

I chose a pair of black leggings, and a lacy white tank top. Over that I threw a casual, half cropped leather blazer.
I stood staring into my vanity and remembered why Carabella wakes me up so early. It takes me hours to get ready.
I chuckled to myself and began my process. I pulled back my hair into a high pony and slicked back the sides, leaving the top in a perfect bump. Even when its up, my unnaturally colored hair still reached the middle of my shoulder blades.

I applied all my foundation, eyeshadow, fake lashes, lip stick, blush, etc. If I had to pick two words to describe me, they would be OVER-THE-TOP and WILD. I guess thats like four words. Whatever.

I skipped back downstairs and flashed a toothy smile at Carabella.

"Ready to go, Bellbell?" I said, using my nickname for her.

"I've been ready. I will never understand why you need to dress up so much for work. We work with cats and dogs. Literally." She chuckled.

"You never know when you might meet the man of your dreams." I replied.

We walked out to my car together. It was a nice brand new shiny black ford taurus. We had matching ones, hers was white. Carabella and I were lucky, we made a good business and we're well off. Not only is our business successful, but our parents both were wealthy. We had no financial worries. A lot of people we've met assume we're spoiled. But we work just as hard as anyone else.

The drive to the agency was quick, and we pulled up to the huge, state of the art building. We were not the first ones there. Our employee's were outstanding.

The big sign that read OCEANSIDE PET ADOPTION was already lit up, and the parking lot was half full. Must be a busy day.
We walked in and there was a chorus of 'good morning's by the crew. We smiled back and made our way behind the front desk.
"Any news for us, Paulina?" We asked our young secretary.

"Um, yeah, you know Tommy? That new poodle we got in? He has worms. So we quaranteed him in the medical wing. We've got our vet associate coming in today. And Carabella, you have a message waiting on your desk." Paulina rambled off.

"Oh?" Carabella raised and eyebrow at looked at me, "Any idea who its from?"

"He sounded familiar, but he didn't leave a name. Just a number. He said you'd know who it was." Paulina answered.

"Alright, thanks doll." I smiled, and led Carabella back to our dual office. She went right for the pink post-it on top of all her paper work.
She began chuckling. "It's just Kellin."

I smiled. Kellin was her ex. He was in a band and they toured a lot so it didn't work out, but they ended on great terms.

"Call him back, I miss that bastard." I urged. She nodded and picked up the work phone and dialed his number. She quickly put it on speaker.
Ring, ring ri--

"Hello!?" Kellin shouted into the phone.

"Jesus, shut up. Why'd you call?" Carabella asked.

"Are you with Mariela? Just kidding, dumb question you're always with her. Hi Mariela!" She shouted again.

"Hey, Kellin." I smiled.

"Anyway, I called because I need the help of two gorgeous ladies..." He trailed off.

"Aw, Kellin!" Carabella swooned. I rolled my eyes.

"But I couldn't find any so I called you two dirtballs." He finished. I could almost hear his smile.

"You dick." I laughed.

"Well what is it? What's up?" Carabella anxiously continued.

"I have some friends in a band, and their shooting a music video and they're trying to find the perfect girls. All the girls that came to the casting call weren't quite right. So I thought I'd offer you two up." He explained.

"Let's do it!" I shouted. That sounded like a blast!

"I don't know, it's not really my style..." Carabella whined.

"Where is it? And when?" I asked. Carabella shot me a glare.

"This Saturday, and I'll text you the address. Thanks guys!" Kellin exclaimed and hung up the phone.

"Mariela!" Carabella looked at me with her mouth wide open.

"What? Loosen up." I smiled, patting her shoulder.

The day dragged on, and finally, it was five and we were closing up shop. We have three different shifts; 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am.
Our shop is open 7am-5pm on the week days, and 10am-5pm on weekends. But we need employees there 24/7 for the animals.
Carabella went to lock the front door, and stopped dead in her tracks.

"Hell no." She spat, spinning on her heels to look at me. "Kellin's here with his friends."

"Why is that a bad thing?" I crossed my arms.

"Its not but I can't believe he'd bring them here right now! I look like shit! I barely wore make up! I can't have sexy men in my shop when I look like this!" Carabella rattled off. I raised my eyebrows at her. I did mention she was gorgeous, right?

"Oh my god, Cara, you never act like this. You're so ridiculous. Pull yourself together, freak." I laughed.

The door busted open.

"Were you about to lock us out?" Kellin said, acting hurt.

"Yeah, but you got here too quick." Carabella smiled at him.

Kellin smiled back and wrapped her in a hug. I waltzed up to him.

"Hey, douche bag." I greeted warmly.

"God, I missed you." He laughed and embraced me as well.

"I brought my friends!" He motioned to the four boys standing behind him.

"Hey, I'm Mariela." I waved at them, smiling what I hoped was a sexy smile. Probably not.

"I'm Carabella." She said shyly.

"We know." One of them said, elbowing Kellin. He had long dark brown hair, a nose ring, and beautiful brown eyes. I could of swore a blush crept across Kellin's cheeks.
Dear lord.

"Ew, what do you tell them?" Carabella said, clearly embarrassed.

"How beautiful your eyes are, and how he misses tangling his fingers in your shiny hair, and the sounds you--" One with shaggy black hair and a bunch of tattoos started.

"Oh my god, shut up." Kellin slapped him on the arm.

Carabella's face went white. I let out a giggle.

"I'm Vic," The first one that spoke said. He had a kind face, and warm eyes.

"I'm Mike," The second one that had spoken said. He looked me up and down and wiggled his eyebrows at me, thinking that I wasn't looking at him. It took all my will power not to roll my eyes.

"Hey, I'm Jaime." Another spoke, he had smooth black hair underneath a black beanie. His smile was huge and contagious, I couldn't help but smile back.

My eyes wandered to the last one, who was standing farther back then the rest. He had beautiful eyes, framed by thick lashes, and an interesting dermal. His half shaved hair was long, with a braid, and he was absolutely covered in ink.

"Oh, um, I'm Tony." He rubbed the back of his neck. He avoided eye contact with me.

"Nice to meet you guys." Carabella said warmly. "So what degrading thing are you guys gonna make us do for this music video?"

"Oh my god, Cara, you're nuts. Have a little fun." I chuckled at her.

"I like that one!" Jaime said, high fiving me.
I smiled wide.

"It's nothing bad. We just need some pretty girls." Mike added, winking at me.

Well, this should be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know. The first chapter of stories is always slow. It'll pick up next chapter no worries! :)