Sequel: My Worst Enemy
Status: completed!

Almost Too Much

Power Trip

-Mariela's POV-

I could hear the crowd chanting, roaring, screaming in anticipation for the show to start. I knew in my head that they weren't really there for us, they were there for of Mice and Men and Pierce The Veil, but in my heart I hoped someone out there was ready to see us. And if they weren't, I'd make them notice us.

I fully, truly believed in Sweet Release. These boys were incredibly talented, and I felt like I contributed. I belonged here.

I had a grip on the microphone that could strangle someone, and i tried to take a deep breath.

"We're going to dominate this show." Rango said, patting me on the shoulder. "You've got this."

"I'm so nervous I think I'm going to die." I laughed.

Austin approached me with a bottle of water. "You'll knock them dead."

I took the water from him. "Thanks. That means a lot coming from you." I smiled.

He patted me on the shoulder. "You're one of the most talented girls I've ever seen. Your voice blows my mind."

"Thanks Austin, but I'm just trying to do what makes me happy. Nothing special." I smiled.

"Where's Tony?" Wesley asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I have no idea." I shrugged, slightly disappointed. I wanted to see him before I performed, but I still had ten minutes. Hopefully he'll pop up.

I twiddled my thumbs as the clock ticked. Still no Tony.

A few more minutes. No Tony.

I sighed, and looked at Jason.

"It's time to go, Mar." Jason said sadly at me, knowing I was waiting for Tony.

"Ugh. Okay." I whined.

"Hey, Mar." Austin caught my attention, trotting over to me from the other side of the room.

"Hey." I smiled slightly.

"I know when we first met I came on a little strong, but I didn't know you were seeing Tony, I felt really bad. I just wanted you to know that." He explained.

"It's fine, Austin. No harm done." I smiled bigger this time.

He grabbed both of my shoulders and looked me square in the eyes.

"Mariela, be strong, be confident. Make them listen to you." He said seriously.

I exhaled. "That means so much. Thank you."

Someone yelled for our band, and I ran away from him on to the stage as the first notes rang out.

People started to cheer and scream, and I began to sing. I gauged the first rows reactions, since thats all I could see, and one of them was mouthing the words. Just one, sure, but they knew our songs. They liked us.

I finished the song and the crowd erupted in applause.

"My name is Mariela and we are Sweet Release!" I shouted, raising my microphone in the air. The crowd roared back.

"If you've never heard of us you can pick up our debut cd back at our merch table." I announced.

"Wanna hear another song?" Wesley asked from his place next to me with his bass.

The crowd roared. Jason turned from his place with his guitar and winked at me, as Rango launched into another beat.

-------------------

We walked off the stage feeling amazing, and sweaty. All of Of Mice and Men and Pierce the Veil were sitting backstage waiting for us. The boys all greeted my boys and Tony waltzed up to me.

"Nice of you to show up." I spat, pushing him out of the way and leaving the building, going back to our bus.

-Carabella's POV-

"What was that for?" Tony exclaimed, looking at me for an explanation.

"Probably because you weren't even here to wish her luck before she played her first show." Austin said, answering for me.

"She didn't ask me to be here. She's a big girl." Tony crossed his arms, clearly upset Austin was calling him out.

"Wait, you didn't see her before she went on?" I asked, confused.

"No, we were out for food...?" Tony still seemed confused.

"Tony, its her first show. You should have been here." I took Austin's side, much to Tony's dismay.

"Maybe you shouldn't get involved." Vic whispered in my ear.

I glanced at him and he smiled at me sheepishly.

"I'm going to talk to her." Austin announced, leaving the room.

"You're gonna let that happen?" Alan chuckled, looking at Tony.

Tony's face was pale, but he just sat down on the couch.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"They'll get over it." Vic said, pulling me towards him.

"I know." I smiled.

"You're beautiful." He smiled, kissing my nose.

"Oh stop," I said, I could tell my cheeks were red.

"I'm happy we don't fight." He chuckled, his eyes shining.

"Me too." I laughed again.

-Mariela's POV-

I sat on the bus, eating M&Ms', watching The Vow.

The door opened and I expected it to be Tony, but of course it wasn't. It was Austin.

"Am I interupting?" Austin chuckled at the sight of me stuffing my face.

"No." I whined.

He sat down next at me, still chuckling.

"Is something funny?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at him.

"You're such a girl. Eating chocolate and watching movies when you're depressed." He smiled his dazzling smile at me.

Did I say dazzling?

"I'm not wrong for expecting him to be there, right?" I asked.

"Of course not. I was there. I'm not even your boyfriend." He said, grabbing some candy out of my bag.

"I'm not going to the set." I decided, crossing my arms triumpantly.

"To ours or theirs?" He laughed.

"Theirs." I grinned.

"You're evil." He laughed.

------
I asked Carabella to text me when both sets were done, and I waltzed in right as the last notes of "King for a Day" were ringing out.

"Hey, babe, did you like the show?" Tony asked, wrapping his sweaty arms around my waist.

"I just got here." I said snottily.

"You didn't watch us?" He questioned.

"You didn't watch me." I said, crossing my arms in his embrace.

Tony's face fell.

"Cool." He spat, not moving from our hug.

"Cool." I confirmed, just as angrily.

This will be a greaaaat tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right now this is mainly focused on Tony and Mariela, but BELIEVE ME, I've got plans for Vic and Bell :)