Sequel: My Worst Enemy
Status: completed!

Almost Too Much

Liars Can Get Out of Everything

-Mariela's POV-

Guilt trips are my favorite kind to go on.

"Maybe you would have known I had an interview today if you didn't spend all your free time with Austin." Tony complained, pacing back and forth in front of me on the bus.

"Tony, of all the bands here, you guys are the busiest. I'm sorry I occupy myself when you're not here." I rolled my eyes.

"You are just too much to handle sometimes." He groaned, stopping in front of me and tossing his hat on the couch behind him, clearly upset.

"I didn't even do anything wrong." I scoffed, confused as to why we were even fighting.

"All we do is fight, Mar." He said softly, looking down at me.

"Correction; all you do is fight with ME. I just hang out." I shot back.

"If I did half of what you did, you would have left me by now." He glared at me.

"Then leave." I spat, standing up and walking out of the room.

"Mariela, stop. You know thats not what I want." He followed me back to my bunk. I threw myself into my bunk lazily.

"Then what do you want Tony, because as far as I'm concerned we have all the makings for a perfect relationship, but all you're worried about doing is pretending I'm doing something wrong." I explained, running my hands through my hair.

"I'll just talk to you later, alright? I'm going to head to the interview room. Love you." He said the last part almost bitterly, and left me to myself.
I sighed heavily. Tony didn't realize how big of a deal it was that we were even official. Or that I even loved him! I don't do that! I almost wanted to scream in frustration.

"Hey, Mar? I wanna talk to you." Vic's gentle voice shook me out of my inner conflict.

"Come into my cave." I laughed, sitting up and scooting over for him to sit on the bunk with me.

"Carabella has been so off lately. Not with me. But, she's so weak and has no energy. She's been sick a lot too." The worry leaking from Vic's voice warmed my heart.

"Well, did you ask her about it?" I asked. " I haven't seen much of her, since we stay on different busses, and she goes with you guys places since we don't really need her yet."

"Well, ever since we...you know..." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"What?"

"What?" He replied.

"Since you what?" I questioned again.

"Ugh, Mar. Don't make me say it. Since we...erm...had...relations..." He mumbled.

"YOU GUYS HAD SEX!?" I screeched.

"Oh my god, shut up." He shushed me, blushing madly.

"She didn't even tell me..." I trailed off.

"She didn't tell anyone. She thinks its personal." Vic reassured me. "Anyway, she got sick like, a few weeks after that. I think she's pregnant."

My mouth dropped open. This cannot be happening.

"Vic, oh my god." I tried to talk but not much came out.

"Yeah, I don't think she wants to tell me because she's scared I'll leave, but I'm honestly hoping shes pregnant. I would be ecstatic." He gushed, his beautiful brown eyes lighting up.

"Vic, this is really quick. You've only been together for a little while." I tried to talk some sense into him. He didn't honestly want a baby right now, did he?

"When you know, you know. She's the one." He smiled. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Well, thats great. I'm so happy for you."

"Well, don't congratulate me yet. I don't even know if she's pregnant." He laughed, "Maybe you can get it out of her?"

"Yeah, for sure. I can try." I smiled.

"I heard you and Tony earlier..." He trailed off.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You shouldn't have to listen to our bullshit." I laughed.

"I just don't get what happened. You two went from a match made in heaven, against all odds, to fighting every day." Vic frowmed.

"I know, but honestly Vic, I don't do anything. Austin is... just my friend." I said, hesitating momentarily.

"I'm not even going to ask why you stuttered, and I know. But Mar, come on. You and Carabella are so outstanding, inside and out, you've gotta see where Tone is coming from. He says to me all the time, 'yeah, I'm waiting for her to realize how much better she can do,' and he laughs it off, but I know he means it. He's worried." Vic tried to explain.

"You don't do that with Carabella. He worries in the wrong way. He takes it out on me by fighting with me."

"I don't do that with Carabella because she's not like you. When you walk into a room, people gravitate towards you, you radiate friendliness and flirtiness. Carabella is stunning, don't get me wrong, but she's not the kind to be in a spotlight. You are. People like you. And it stresses him out." He chuckled softly.

"Well I don't know how I'm supposed to fix that." I looked down at my twiddling thumbs.

"I don't know, maybe just compromise with him a little more." Vic shrugged.

"Hey, Mar? Austin's at the door of the bus for you." Mike's voice rang from the hallway.

"Mariela..." Vic warned softly.

"I'm not going to not have friends because Tony is insecure." I said sternly.

"I know. Austin's a good guy too." Vic tried to see my side.

I got up and practically ran to the front of the bus, where Austin was leaning against the counter talking to Jaime.

"Yo, Hime, shouldn't you guys get to the interview? Tony went over there like fifteen minutes ago." I asked.

"Oh shit." Jaime laughed. "Vic! Mike! We're idiots and we need to go see Bryan!"

"BRYAN STARS?!" I shouted.

"Yeah?" Mike said from behind me.

"I honestly love him." I confessed.

"So does Carabella, she was freaking out about it all morning. She's probably with him right now." Vic chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"Lucky bitch." I laughed.

"Are you saying you'd rather hang out with Bryan Stars?" Austin scoffed, faking hurt.

I looked up at him and we locked eyes, and I almost forgot how to speak.

"Nah, of course not. You'll be good enough for now." I recovered my sassy attitude quickly.

"Thanks I'm so honored." He rolled his eyes, slapping me lightly on the arm.

"Mar, remember that thing we talked about?" Vic interrupted.

"Yeah?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, you're completely forgetting it right now." Vic rolled his eyes at me.

"Oh, piss off. Go to your shitty little interview." I laughed.

"Oh, someones jealous she doesn't get to hang out with Bryan Staaaaars." Jaime sang.

"Get the fuck off this bus." I pushed Jaime lightly. They all said their goodbyes and filed out and I was left with a confused Austin in front of me.

"What are you forgetting?" Austin raised an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, nothing. I had a heart to heart with Vic." I laughed, shrugging it off.

"About..." He trailed off. It's like he knew it had to do with him.

"Tony and I fighting." I sighed, plopping down on the couch.

He sat down next to me and sighed with me, like it caused him pain as well.

"I don't even understand why he fights with you." Austin said with a half smile. "Does he not realize how lucky he is?"

If I was a blusher, I'd be blushing. But I'm way to smooth for that.

"You're a flirt, Mr. Carlile." I chuckled.

"Oh, and you're not. You're right. It's all me." He snorted, sarcasm thick in his voice.

"I do not flirt with anyone." I said adamately. clearly joking.

"I know. You're like the virgin Mary."

"Spitting image."

"You're so weird."

"You hang out with me."

"That's true." He laughed.

"You'd date me." I blurted out. I almost clamped my hand over my mouth after the words escaped.

He looked taken aback for a moment, then he smiled.

"No." He said simply.

My mouth fell open in mock-hurt. Or maybe it wasn't all that fake...

"I'd court you. I'd buy you flowers, and take you on dates, and leave cute little notes for you to find during the day. I'd watch your set, every single night, and I'd take you out on stage with me. Eventually, I'd make it official and show you off to everyone." He finished.

My mouth stayed open, this time in shock on how serious he sounded.

"Austin..." I started.

He put his pointer finger to my lips and leaned in, his mouth right next to my ear. "I'd never fight with you, either." He whispered.

He pulled away slightly and locked eyes with me.

"Austin, you know I'm with Tony." I tried, shaking my head softly.

"A boy can dream, can't he?" He shrugged, leaning back.

"Yeah, so can I..." I whispered.

He frowned at that, and suddenly got very serious.

"Are you happy with him." He asked, though it barely sounded like a question.

"...y-yes." I stammered.

"You don't sound very sure. Are you in love with him?"

"No...not yet. It hasn't been that long. Being 'in love' is like, a big deal." I rubbed my hands together nervously.

"Then you still have a choice." He smiled softly, getting up and leaving me alone on the bus.

I tried to wrap my head around what just happened but I couldn't quite figure this out.

Austin fucking Carlile, just bounces into my life like no big deal, and is all cute and lovely and just decides he's going to like me. Like I can handle that.

I squeeled angrily and stomped back into my bunk.

I am dating Tony Perry. He's funny, and he loves me, and though we fight I am committed.

So I guess I'll just pretend like Austin isn't as perfect as he is, and that'll just have to work....right?
♠ ♠ ♠
no one is allowed to hate me for this. Everything will work out. No worries. :)