Sequel: My Worst Enemy
Status: completed!

Almost Too Much

Girl Talk

-Carabella's POV-

Mariela and I had been so busy on this tour we have had no time to talk to each other, and I've barely even seen Vic. I felt sort of bad, but with how sick I've been feeling and how popular Sweet Release was getting, I had my hands full. It has been about a week since Tony and Mariela had that fight about watching each others sets, which meant we only had about a month left on this tour.

"Carabella!" I heard Mariela's voice call out in the bus.

"SHUT UP." Wesley complained from the bunk above, causing me to chuckle. I was surprised Mariela was even up before me, I was always the early riser.

She peaked her head in and smiled hugely at me. She already had make up on and her hair done.

"Holy shit, are you feeling alright? You're like up and functioning." I said, as I realized the bus wasn't moving.

"We're already in Denver, I think you and I should go get some breakfast and talk. Since we barely see each other." She suggested.

"Absolutely. Just give me like, twenty minutes." I laughed, hopping out of bed and galloping to the bathroom.

After I had showered quickly and threw my hair up, I threw some clothes on and joined Mariela in the front of the bus.

"Are you guys leaving?" Rango asked from his seat on the sofa.

"Yeah, we need girl time. You boys are killing us." I laughed, wrapping an arm around Mariela's shoulders.
"Okay, just tell your boyfriends, because I don't want to get murdered for your disappearances." He laughed.

I nodded, and Mariela took out her phone and texted Vic and Tony for us, and then I saw her send one to Austin as well. I thought it was a little weird she had to alert him, but I brushed it off.

We walked out into the pounding sun, and I was so grateful I wore shorts and a tanktop today.

We found a little diner on the road and walked in, flopping down on the ruby red booth seats.

"I miss you." Mariela said seriously. "I didn't realize this job was going to rob us of our time together."

I knew how she felt. Ever since we were kids we've been inseperable. We've never had a fight. Of course we bicker, but its never serious. It was weird for us to lose our communication like we had.

"I know. It kind of sucks." I shrugged. "But I really love this job."

"Oh, me too. I honestly have never been happier. Singing was the perfect thing." Mariela agreed, playing with her brightly colored hair.

"So whats been going on with you?" I asked innocently, secretly hoping she'd talk about Austin, because I was really curious.

"No, lets start with you. You look worn out. And I know you've been sick. Vic told me." Mariela asked, her eyes softening.

"I know. I don't know whats wrong. I haven't really had the time to think about it." I sighed, knowing I shouldn't be compromising my health.

"Any chance your...pregnant?" Mariela stuttered, trying to not be obvious.

I thought about it. Holy shit.

"Holy shit." I sighed. "Maybe?"

"You didn't even tell me you guys did the deed!" Mariela chuckled.

"I didn't tell anyone. But I hope I'm pregnant!" I cheered, causing a few diners to look at me. I looked down embarrassed.

"You hope? Oh my god." She laughed.

"You know I've always wanted a kid." I swooned.

"But with Vic? You guys are so new." Mariela smiled, but I could tell she was struggling with it.

"Hey, when they're the one. They're the one. You just know." I answered.

She smiled warmly. "I'm god-mom, right?"

"Obviously." I smiled. Then the waiter came and we ordered our food, which came rather quickly.

I decided I'd bring up Austin.

"So, whats with you and Austin?" I asked casually.
She almost choked on her food. After she gained her composure and swallowed, she locked eyes with me.

"We're friends." She concluded.

"Bullllllll." I laughed, concluding she was lying because of her reaction.

She sighed heavily. "I love Tony. I really do. I don't know if I'm in love with him, but I love him. He's cute and funny and sweet. But he's so busy. So busy. And I'm happy for him. He deserves it, they all do, they work so hard. But I don't feel like I fit in there anymore. So to keep myself busy I've been hanging out with Austin. Which I know isn't right, but, we haven't done anything. He's a really good friend."

"And?" I asked, urging her to continue. "I know thats not it."

"Yeah, yesterday he sorta...came on to me. He asked me if I was happy with Tony and if I was in love with him, and if I wasn't that he wouldn't give up. That I still had a choice." She finished.

My eyes widened. "Wow. That's big."

"I know. I don't know what to do." She shrugged.

"Are you thinking about leaving Tony for him?" I asked, eyebrows raised.

"No, yes, I don't know. I wouldn't leave Tony for someone else. I'd leave Tony because we don't have the time for each other, and he doesn't try to make time. Austin makes sure I'm always content. Which is sweet. But I'm not about to throw away the last months with Tony for Austin. Vic told me Tony says to him. 'I'm just waiting for her to realize she can do better,' and that breaks my heart. I don't want to do that to him. He deserves me. I deserve him. He's great." She ended, I noticed she was getting a little emotional so I grabbed her hand in mine.

"You've come so far from the girl I knew a year ago who didn't care about boys. You're really thinking this through. It'll be okay, and I'll always be here." I smiled.

"You always know what to say." She smiled. "Now, should we go get you a pregnancy test?"

I smiled at her and we left the diner, after paying, to go to a market and buy a test.
-----------

We sat in the bathroom anxiously waiting for the test to finish.

"I just want to know!" Mariela groaned.

"How do you think I feel!" I said, leaning against the counter.

"Has it been five minutes?" She asked. I looked quickly at my phone.

I nodded slowly, grabbing her hand. She squeezed it encouragingly.

I grabbed the white stick and slowly brought it up to look at.

"YES!" I shouted, jumping up and down. Mariela squeeled and we embraced each other, screaming and giggling.

"How do I tell Vic?!" I asked suddenly, stricken with fear.

"Let's do it now! He's gonna be stoked." She smiled.

"Are you sure..." I trailed off.

"C'mon. He worships you." She dragged me off the bus hurriedly, earning questioning looks from the boys. She dragged me into the venue where the guys were having soundcheck. I could faintly hear Austin's screams, which meant Pierce The Veil was backstage.

I ran to keep up with her, even though I consciously worried about the little baby in my tummy.

We burst into their dressing room, and I scanned the room for Vic, who lit up considerably when he saw me. I smiled back, walking up to him.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked, noticing Mariela had trotted off to Tony.

He looked a little worried. "Yeah sure, but thats a break up line." He chuckled half heartedly.

"We're not breaking up." I added EVER, in my head. At least not for 18 years. I wasn't into broken families.

"Oh, good." He exhaled happily, following me out into the hallway.

"So I have to tell you something, and I hope you take it well..." I started, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Of course, what is it baby?" He smiled, resting his arms on my waist and waiting for a response.

"I'm...um...having your baby," I said, trying to not sound terrified.

I looked up at his blank face, and my stomach sank. He wasn't happy.

"Thats...thats..." He stuttered.

"I know this is not when you wanted this to happen, you're so busy with your life you don't want a child and a baby mama to tie you down but-"

"Car, shut up. That's amazing. I'm just so shocked because I don't know how I got so lucky." He smiled hugely, kissing me passionately. I relaxed into the kiss. He was happy!

I wanted to jump up and down and scream, but I decided to act respectable.

He leaned down and pressed his lips to my tummy, and whispered, "I love you already."

It almost brought tears to my eyes, and he stood back up and hugged me tightly.

"We have to get you to a doctor pronto and make sure everything's perfect for our little angel." He smiled, glowing.

I couldn't do anything but kiss him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short, but I wanted to give you something. :O)

NOW I KNOW. Wow, typical, she's pregnant, blah blah.
But there will be a big twist, so don't give up on me. :)