Sequel: My Worst Enemy
Status: completed!

Almost Too Much

Lost

-Carabella's POV-

Its been three days since Tony and Mariela broke up, and everyone was feeling the tension.

They both were miserable. Tony had barely eaten, barely slept, and the fans knew something was wrong. Because his tweets were sad, and though he put emotion into their set, it was hurt and anger. Then he'd get drunk, and crawl into bed. Thats it. He barely even talked. It hurt everyone to see him like this.

And Mariela was miserable too, but no one noticed like I did. It was little things. She didn't put on fake lashes anymore, she always wore jeans or yoga pants, which were two of her least favorite bottoms she had always been a short shorts girl, she talked and smiled all the same, but as soon as he was mentioned, her face fell, and she'd quickly change the subject. To most people, nothing even seemed wrong, but I knew her better than anyone. I know how she is, and this is bad.

I figured Austin would have been glued to her side, but he kept a safe distance.

Tony and Mar were never in the same room. If he knew she was somewhere, he'd be as far away as he could be. And she did the same. He wasn't kidding when he told her it would be like she didn't exist.

Vic and I had been fantastic, on the other hand, though our best friends hurting had taken a toll on us.

We continued on though, trying to pick up the pieces and keep everyone positive.

I was about three months along now, just ending my first trimester.

I had a doctors check up today, which made me ecstatic.

Vic and I walked into the clinic hand in hand, and smiled at each other. Most of the women there were alone. We checked in and sat down together.

"They're all by themselves..." Vic whispered in my ear.

"Not all of them." I corrected, there were two other couples.

"Who makes a woman go through this alone." He grunted.

"Someone no where near as amazing as you." I smiled, kissing him lightly.

"You two are a beautiful couple." An older lady across from us leaned forward and said.

I smiled. "Thank you,"

Vic just smiled hugely at her.

"I'm here with my daughter. It's her six month check up. We get to find out if its my grandson or granddaughter!" She said excitedly, clapping her hands together.

"That's so exciting, does she have names picked out?" I asked, giddy to talk to someone who knew what I was going through.

"If its a boy, Kayden Frank, and if its a girl Carabella Marie." She spoke.

My mouth dropped a little. "That's my name, my name is Carabella Marie."

The lady's eyes widened. "No way. I found it in the birth announcements the year my daughter was born, and I loved it and kept it. I ended up naming my daughter Reina, but I told her about Carabella and she fell in love with it."

"How old is your daughter?" I asked.

"25."

"Me too! It was probably my birth announcement!" I said.

Vic's hand tightened around mine slightly. "Babe, you're yelling." He laughed.

"Carabella Marie Lazzoni?" She said my name softly.

"That's me." I whispered, shocked.

"Well, what a coincidence!" The lady smiled.

"I'm honored your naming a grandchild after me!" I joked, smiling.

"I hope she turns out half as stunning as you, child." The woman added.

"Ma! It's a girl!" An excited female voice rang out, as she dashed out of the doctors office.

"Reina, hunny, this is Carabella. The girl from the birth annoucement." The lady pointed at me excitedly.

"No way! That's crazy. I'm...I'm naming my daughter after you!" She laughed, smiling widely.

"Congratulations! I'm ecstatic for you." I grinned hugely.

Vic smiled at me.

The duo quickly left, chattering about all the cute things they could buy.

"You're amazing, you know that." He whispered to me, rubbing circles with his thumb on the back of my hand.

"Why?" I cocked my head to the side.

"Everyone who meets you falls in love with you. Some before they even know you." Vic chuckled, kissing me once more.

"Carabella?" The nurses voice rang out, and we quickly got up and followed her.

-------

The nurse checked everything over and waited for the doctor to come in.

The doctor came in a few minutes, he was an older gentleman with kind eyes.

"I'm Dr. Hartely, you must be Carabella." He shook my hand nicely.

"And you're the father?" He asked carefully towards Vic.

"Yes, I am." He smiled proudly.

"Ah, good. Too many kids without fathers in their lives." He mused.

"Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about something before we got to the ultrasound." He started, his face getting serious.

I tightened up. "What is it?" I said worriedly.

"Relax hun." Vic whispered, putting his hand on my knee.

"Do you use a tanning bed?" The doctor asked me.

I raised my eyebrows. "No, why?"

"Well, you see, the nurse noticed you have an odd colored mole on your left leg." He said warily.

"So what does that mean?" Vic asked.

"It's been there my whole life." I added.

"Yes, well as we grow and different hormones and exposures occur, things can change. We just want to take a biopsy of it to make sure it's nothing to worry about." He explained.

"Well whats the worst it could be?" I asked.

"Melanoma, a type of skin cancer, but thats still far fetched and nothing you need to worry about until we know for sure." He explained.

"But, my baby..." I whispered, rubbing my stomach, I felt like bawling.

"Now now, dear. Relax. We'll take a biopsy today and the results will come back in three days, and we'll let you know if we find anything." He explained.

He started the ultrasound, but all I could do was worry.

--------------------

-Mariela's POV-

Tony wasn't kidding about saying I'd never existed.

It felt like a hole through my chest.

And I didn't know how to handle it.

Is this how everyone feels when someone they actually care about leaves?

Is this what love is like?

And if so, how does anyone survive it.

I did my best, I got dressed, I acted okay. That's what everyone expected of me, right?

I sat in the venue backstage, just hanging out, diddling around on my phone. It was a boring day today before the show, Vic and Car had an appointment, Jaime and Tony were off together, Mike decided to hang out with my boys for the day. I laid on the couch they had in the venue and sighed.

"Hey, Mar." Austin's voice filled the room, and the door clicked behind him.

"Hey, hun." I smiled, I hadn't forgotten about him, though I tried. I couldn't wrap my head around how he could make the hole feel a little less...open. He still caught my attention.

"I'm sorry we haven't talked much, I just didn't want to push you or anything, but I'm sorry for the way I acted and-"

"Stop, Austin. Don't okay? Everyone is like 'oh, are you okay?' and if I get anymore sympathy I'm gonna stab myself. Just pretend Tony and I never dated. That it didn't happen, that we didn't just break up. That's what I want right now." I rambled, irritated with everyone tiptoeing around me.

He chuckled. "You are one hell of a girl, Mar."

"I've been told." I shrugged, smiling back.

I took a moment to take him in. His kind, alive eyes, his brightly colored tattoos and well defined arms, his thin legs, and his perfect, perfect lips.

"Mar? You're staring." He laughed.

"Like I don't catch you staring at me." I scoffed.

"I know you do, I've been trying to get you to talk to me for three days." He admitted.

"By what? Telepathy?"

"Yeah, I wanted you to talk to me first."

"I didn't."

"I know, I couldn't wait any longer." He smiled.

So suave.

"Come on, lets go for a walk or something. Get out of this dusty room and explore." He said, holding out his hand. I took his fingers in mine and let him pull me up. I smiled. I don't even know what town we're in. I didn't ask either I figured it didn't really matter.

He looked me up and down. "You should change first."

"What do you mean?"

"There's a beach down here." He said.

I looked down, I had yoga pants and a lose fitting of Mice and Men tank top on.

"Well, change your pants at least. The tank top looks fantastic." He winked, pleased I was wearing Of Mice and Men apparel.

Opposed to Pierce the Veil, I'm sure.

I nodded and allowed him to lead me to the busses, where I changed into black shorts quickly and rejoined him. He hesitantly grabbed my hand again, and I gave his fingers a squeeze to let him know it was okay.

I still felt that hollow hurt in my chest, but Austin made it feel a little less extravagant. I was worried if I thought about or saw Tony, it would make the hurt worse, but then I realized, Tony never really leaves my mind. So it doesn't matter anyway.

"Is this our first date?" Austin blurted out.

"Austin, I just broke up with-"

"I know, I know. We can go on thousands of dates and never be official, that'd be fine with me. You could make me wait for years, and that'd still be fine. I know something special when I see it." He said.

I blushed lightly. "Then yeah, I guess it is."

"Perfect." He said excited, smiling with more enthusiasm then I've seen anyone smile with in a long, time.