Sequel: My Worst Enemy
Status: completed!

Almost Too Much

Bitter

-Mariela's POV-

I woke up the next day slightly irritated, I didn't get much sleep. I couldn't wrap my head around how much my life had unraveled since the beginning of tour.

"Get up and get ready, Mar. We have an interview today." Rango appeared at my bunk to tell me.

My eyes widened a bit. "We do?"

"Yeah, with Bryan Stars." He chuckled.

I jumped out of my bed. "No way. Why didn't someone tell me. I love him. I can't breathe. Are we big enough to have an interview with him? Oh my god." I rambled running hectically to the bathroom. I knew we were gaining fans, but this was a big deal.

"You've been so out of it, Mar." Wesley said joining me in the cramped bathroom.

"I know, I'm sorry guys." I admitted, knowing my focus wasn't on the music as much as it should be.

"You're just worrying me. It's a crucial time in our careers." He said softly, clearly not wanting to upset me.

I let it sink in for a moment.

"You're right." I said.

"I am? I-I mean, I know I am but you're not mad?" He asked.

"Wes, you're like my brother, I wouldn't be mad about you talking about how you feel. I will refocus on whats important. I'll be the best frontwoman that ever existed." I promised, and I meant it. This should be my everything.

"You're the best Mar. You're so talented, just embrace it." He said, kissing my cheek and leaving the room. I threw on a pair of black short shorts and a cropped tank top that showed off my toned stomach, and then tossed my crazily colored hair in a poofy curly pony tail. I applied my normal make up and walked out to the front of the bus, putting on a pair of red high heels.

Carabella was standing out there with the boys talking casually.

"Carrrrrr." I sang, excited to see her. I didn't spend as much time as I usually do with her.

"Hey hun. You look good." She smiled.

"You too preggers." I laughed, kissing my friends stomach.

She chuckled, "Yeah, he's a handful."

"He?" I asked.

"I don't know for sure. It feels like a 'he.'" She shrugged, smiling beautifully. She really was glowing.

"Hey, Mar?" She said seriously. "Have you seen Tony's tweets or anything?"

My throat tightened at the sound of his name. The empty feeling in my chest flared up. "N-no. Why?"

"Look." She whipped out her phone and tapped on it a few times before showing me his tweet feed.

The very top one broke my heart; 'I thought you would have come back by now.'

I looked up at Car with tears in my eyes.

"Hun, you can have him back. He obviously wants you too." She said softly.

"I don't think thats what I want though. We fought a lot. We were both over protective. And then there's Austin. We broke up for a reason." I tried to explain myself. I guess to everyone else it seemed like I left him for no reason. But there was. It's not fair to him to settle for me.

Carabella wrapped her arms around me. "As long as you're okay."

"I'm trying to be." I whispered.

She stepped away. "Now get to your interview my little stars!"

I chuckled and the guys and I left and walked into the venue, down the hall and into a little dressing room where sweet little Bryan Stars was waiting for us.

"Hey guys!" He said perkily, while exchanging weird little man handshakes with the guys and then kissing me on the cheek. I also noticed Austin and Tino were standing in the back, and I smiled at Austin. He smiled back, and gave me a quick wink.

"Take a seat on this couch and we'll get started." Bryan said happily, going to take a seat. He sat in the middle of us, with me on his left, and Wesley next to me, and Rango on his right with Jason next to him.

Bryan gave a signal to the camera man and began.

"Hello this is Bryan and I'm here with Sweet Release in Tallahassee Florida. So say your name and role in the band." He chirped, handing the microphone down to Jason.

"I'm Jason and I play bass."

"I'm Rango and I play drums."

"I'm Mariela and I sing."

"I'm Wesley and I play the guitar."

"Great now you guys are fairly new, but you blew. Up. People are constantly talking about you. What makes you so much different then any other new band out there?" Bryan asked.

I let it sink in. We blew up? We were the real deal.

"I honestly think Mariela was the push we needed. We had a different singer who we started the band with and she was good, but Mariela comes in and this girl can fucking sing. She really added an extra element to our group." Jason said honestly.

"Aw, thanks guys." I laughed, "But you guys are crazy talented, with or without me."

"I agree with both of you." Bryan laughed. "And the level of respect here is obvious, you all see each other as equals."

"That's so important." Wesley began, "We all respect each others talents. We know each of us is talented in what we do, we don't have that feeling of superiority. I think some bands have so much focus on one member, and we try to shy away from that. Which is hard with a female frontwoman, because naturally thats what most people notice."

"Yeah, for sure. Mariela, what do you think sets you guys apart from other bands with female vocalists? Like Tonight Alive or We Are the In Crowd?" Bryan asked me. I took the microphone from Wes.

"I think that we're so much heavier in our sound, and I like that. I've always loved heavy hardcore music. We have these huge breakdowns, and Jason's screams are out of this world. It's almost uncharted territory for a girl, a lot of female fronted bands are either pop punk, which is sweet I think Jenna can sing for days, or they're the soft side of a metal band. And I think I'm in the middle. I just get up and sing the music I love. Just like if you took a guy singer out of a post hardcore band and plopped me in. That's what I love." I said, smiling.

"Mariela can hold her own. She doesn't sound like anyone else. She has a powerful, heavy, voice. And I think a lot of girls don't want to sing like that because they don't want to be manly or sacrifice their feminity, but Mariela is the best female I've ever heard in this genre. I think she's right, it is uncharted. Until now." Rango added, smiling hugely.

"You guys are definitely making a huge impact." Bryan agreed. "Mariela, I think you have more to do with it than you think."

I smiled gratefully.

"Now, let's get to the juicy stuff." Bryan laughed, and all the guys whooped and hollared.

"These questions are sent in from my twitter, and there were so many, and atleast 100 people asked me to ask you guys if you are single or not." He laughed.

"I am, and any of you are welcome to change that." Jason started, winking at the camera. We all laughed at him.

"I'm single, but there is a girl back home that I like, cannot get to talk to me. She works at the coffee shop I like and I flirt with her nonstop and she will not like me back. I don't understand." Rango rambled off.

"That blonde one? With the eyebrow piercing?" Wesley leaned forward looking at Rango.

"Yeah thats her!" Rango chuckled. "If you're watching this, coffee girl, I want to take you on a date."

"That's really romantic I'm sure she'll say yes." Bryan laughed.

"That's not romantic my god." I rolled my eyes.

"Mariela? Seeing someone?" Bryan asked.

I thought about it for a moment, and made eye contact with Austin. He looked confused, and anxious.

I felt pressured. "I'm not taken, but I'm not looking." I played my cards carefully.

"So there's a man?" Bryan said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"There is." I smiled. I wasn't confirming or denying who it was, so I though this was okay. I didn't want him to think I was hiding him.

"I'm single as fuck." Wesley interjected, saving me from more questioning. I looked up at Austin and he smiled encouragingly at me.

"Okay the next question is for all the guys, and it's always asked by someone, boxers or briefs?"

"BOXER BREIFS." They all shouted together. My eyes widened and I looked around at them and laughed.

Bryan laughed too, and agreed whole heartedly with them.

"Next ones for you Mar, its from Charlotte in New Jersey and she wants to know if you and Tony Perry are still together?" Bryan asked, a little confused himself since my previous answer made it sound like I was single.

My eyes widened a bit and I avoided looking at anyone for help, I had to learn to handle these things on my own. But I was shocked, I didn't think any of the fans even knew.

"Uh, no Tony and I broke up a little while ago." I said. "He's a great guy though, no hard feelings. There were just some extraneous circumstances we couldn't work through." I said, sounding very politically correct. I hoped that would be where the topic died because I didn't know if I could survive saying his name one more time.

Bryan seemed to let it go and continued on with the questions.

About a half an hour later we were done, and as soon as the camera was off I practically ran to Austin, who quickly enveloped me in a hug and kissed the top of my head. I pulled away and Tino gave me a weak smile.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know what to say, and I-" I started.

"Mar you did great. Stop." Austin said again, kissing my forehead.

"I'm really sorry Mariela," Bryan approached me, "I didn't know you guys even dated, and I had no idea the guy you were sort of seeing was Austin, in the room, for Christ sake."

"Bryan its fine. It didn't bother me." I smiled sweetly.

He smiled back and thanked me for my time, leaving me alone with the guys again.

"We have a hotel again after the show tonight." Austin whispered in my ear.

"Ew, bye." Tino said quickly, running off with my band mates. I chuckled and refocused on Austin.

"Stay the night with me." He mumbled into my neck. I shivered involuntarily.

"Of course." I said, feeling obligated. I asked him to keep me together, and thats what he was doing, right?

"You don't have to, Mar," He warned softly, looking into my eyes.

"I want to." I encouraged.

"Great." He smiled. "I'll get some wine, we can rent movies and drink and enjoy each others company."

I laughed. "Sounds perfect."

--------------------

We finished our set and I decided for the first time in a while, I'd stick around to watch the other sets. I wanted to see how they interacted with the crowd so I could better myself.

Of Mice and Men went on after us, and I watched Austin intently.

I got easily distracted though because, c'mon, he's so attractive.

He got so sweaty and mad, it was a major turn on. I wish I could pull that out of him.

He was just too sweet for me some times.

Atleast Tony would fight with me.

I was shocked at my own thoughts. I shook them away and refocused on Austin.

He screamed at the top of his lungs, lyrics that blew my mind every time I heard them. They were so angry and hurt.

If I could take Austin's ability to express himself through his music, and make him do it in person, things would be peachy.

Of Mice and Men finished and he ran off the stage right to me.

"Great job." I smiled, kissing his cheek lightly.

"Mar, Bryan told me about the interview, I should have known and prepared you for it." Carabella's voice rang out behind me. I turned to face her and shook her off.

"It's not a big deal." I said.

"We're going on, babe." Vic said, kissing her cheek quickly. He gave me a quick hug and grabbed his guitar from the tech.

Mike hugged me and smiled, running out onto the stage first. The crowd roared, like they always do for Pierce the Veil. Jaime smiled at me and kissed my cheek quickly before running off as well. I knew who was going to be next to pass me, but it still hurt when I saw him.

He was wearing my favorite love before glory tank top, and a pair of nice fitting jeans. His long hair was resting on his shoulder. He looked flawless. I had always thought that though.

"Good luck." I said, half hoping he wouldn't hear me. He did though, because his head snapped up and he locked eyes with me. He grabbed his guitar and trotted out on stage. I was hurt, but I had set myself up for it.

"He doesn't need to be an asshole." Austin said. I looked up at him, surprised, he usually doesn't talk like that.

"Hey, its okay." I said, messing up his sweaty hair. "Go shower for our date tonight."

"Yes ma'am. Coming?" He asked.

"No, I'm going to stay and watch." I said.

Which ended up being an absolutely awful idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its kind of a filler, but I wanted to showcase the band a little more.

Theres only a few more chapters of this story, but there WILL BE A SEQUEL IF ENOUGH OF YOU TELL ME YOU WANT ONE. :)

And if you want a sequel, it will effect how the story ends so let me know guys! :)

loveyou.