Sequel: My Worst Enemy
Status: completed!

Almost Too Much

Ripple Effect

-Mariela's POV-

I woke up next to Austin, and I felt more numb than anything. I knew what I did last night was out of complete anger, I just wanted to forget. The guilt brewed in my stomach, I felt awful.

"Morning, babe." Austin said, leaning over to kiss my cheek. I mustered up a smile back.

A harsh knock on the door woke me up.

I got up and dragged myself over to the door, to find a disheveled looking Carabella standing there.

"Hey, whats up?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Where's Tony?" She asked me sternly. I ignored the pain I felt at the mention of him.

"Uh, obviously not here. Why what do you mean?" I crossed my arms.

"No one's seen him since last night at the show. Vic said he saw him leave with you and than thats it. No one knows where he went." She said angrily.

I let it sink in. He's missing?

"We talked, or fought I guess, he threw a low blow and I left. Thats the last time I saw him. Did you check the busses?"

"Yes, I checked the busses. We all checked everywhere." She spat.

"Woah, why all the hositility?" I snapped.

"Because he's gone because of you, Mariela. He's missing because of you." She stepped into the room, closing the door behind her.

"What the fuck are you talking about? I didn't tell him to leave."

"Mariela, stop being so caught up in yourself for five minutes. I don't even know you anymore. I'm pregnant, Mariela, almost 3 months and you haven't been here for it. You don't even care anymore. The only thing you care about is yourself, and making yourself feel wanted. I'm sick of it. I needed you for this. You're supposed to be my best friend. There's thousands of fans that you don't even notice that need you. Your band needs you. And you haven't done anything but break a man who is madly in love with you and then run and involve someone else." She ranted angrily, fuming at me.

I snapped my mouth shut. I couldn't say anything. She was right.

We sat in an uncomfortable silence before there was another knock on the door. Carabella opened it and Mike was standing there.

"We found him, it's alright." He said happily, oblivious to what just happened. "His hands all banged up, he said he tripped, but it looks pretty bad. I don't know how he's supposed to play tomorrow."

He tripped, more like punched a door. I rolled my eyes.

Mike left and Carabella turned back to me.

"I love you Mar. You're like my sister. But I want you to be the old Mar. I want you around for your god-child." She half smiled, "Just figure yourself out. I can't do that for you."

She turned and left the room.

I had almost forgotten Austin was in the room, but his hand on my shoulder brought me back to reality.

"Mar." He said softly.

"Don't. She's right, you know? I need to get my priorities straight." I admitted, turning towards him.

He nodded softly. "I think thats going to be hard on this tour."

"Yeah," I pondered for a while. I needed to talk to my guys.

------------------------
-Carabella's POV--

I left Mariela's hotel room a little less angry then I had entered it. She didn't fight with me like I expected. I yelled at her for her own good. I missed confident, spicy Mariela, not the sad, selfish one I had now.

I walked into the hotel room I shared with Vic last night and all of Pierce the Veil was in there.

"Babe, babe, the doctor called!" Vic shouted, running up to me excitedly.

"With the results!? Did he tell you! Whats going on!" I shouted back, grabbing both his hands anxiously. This biopsy stressed me out.

"It was benign! Nothings wrong!" He smiled hugely, kissing me quickly. I squeeled and jumped into his arms.

"What was benign?!" Mike yelled, clearly excited that everyone else was excited.

"We didn't want to tell anyone, we didn't want anyone to worry, but I had a mole that the doctor was concerned could be cancerous. But its not!" I cheered. Everyone around the room chattered happily about the news.

"Thats my nephew or niece in there! You should have told me!" Mike scolded Vic.

Vic shrugged it off, still smiling. I was so lucky.

I turned my attention to Tony, who was sitting on the couch. He didn't even look like him anymore. His eyes looked dark and sunk in, his lips were pale. I felt so bad.

I wandered over to the couch and sat next to him.

"Tone..." I said softly.

"I'm really happy your healthy. You deserve an easy pregnancy." He smiled weakly at me.

"Thank you. You know, you deserve to be happy too." I offered.

"I know. But I won't be happy without her." He shrugged. "And I guess thats okay."

He really loved her. I wanted to cry for him.

"Austin isn't for her, you know? He might mean something to her, but nothing like you do. I know it seems like to you she just moved on quick, but to me, I know her. This is completely different then any other break up. You guys are supposed to be together." I urged, I just want my best friends back together.

"I can't be with her after last night." He murmured, raking his hands through his hair, which looked dull and lifeless compared to its normal shine.

"Why, what happened?" I asked.

"I...I said something I shouldn't have, because I knew it'd hit her hard. And her ego. And I was right."

"What'd you say Tony." I warned, upset that he pushed her farther away from us, and closer to Austin.

"I told her..." He choked on his words, water welling up in his eyes. I put my arm around his shoulder and my other hand on his leg, encouraging him to continue.

"I told her I wish I didn't love her." He said, barely audible.

I sucked in a breath of air. That would just about kill her.

"Tony..." I whispered. "I'm assuming you didn't fall."

He looked down at his bandaged up hand. "No, I didn't. But we need a new door for the back lounge."

I half smiled at his attempt at being funny. It was a start.

"Maybe you should apologize?" I suggested. "You're both fucked up."

"I can't face her. I can't see her now." He groaned, leaning back on the couch. I removed my arm and cocked my head to the side.

"What?" I said confused.

"I, I went to her room last night to apologize, and I went to knock on the door...and I heard them."

"You heard them?"

"You know... her and Austin. She's not very quiet." He said. It hit me what he was talking about and my hand flew up to my mouth.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I gushed. He looked at me, and it broke my heart. He had tears in his eyes. He looked so lost.

He shrugged, shaking his head lightly. "I should have known better than to try and make her settle down. Everyone warned me."

I frowned sympathetically. I couldn't believe this was happening.

I checked my phone quickly.

"I have a text from her." I said quietly. He perked up slightly and looked at me.

"It says to meet her and the boys in Wesley's room...they want to talk to me?"

I said, and stood to go figure out what Sweet Release had up their sleeves.
♠ ♠ ♠
NEXT ONE'S THE LAST ONE D:

and then the sequel begins. :D