Sequel: My Worst Enemy
Status: completed!

Almost Too Much

Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks

Mariela's POV--

I sat on the couch next to Carabella watching some dumb tv show.
I heard her giggle and I looked over at her. She was smiling down at her phone like an idiot.

"Oh, Vic, you're so cute! I think we should get married and have little mexican italian babies and live in a big white house with a picket fence and a golden retriever!" I mocked her, using my best girly accent.

"Oh, fuck you." She laughed. "But that does sound nice."

"Oh my god. You're not thinking about marrying him already." We'd known them for two weeks and thats what she's thinking about?!

Don't get me wrong, we'd spend practically every day with them since the photoshoot, but that's moving quick. Thats the difference between her and I, she wants to fall in love and get married, and I want to relax and live my life a little.

"Well, don't you ever picture yourself with someone?!" She exclaimed.

"No." I said sternly. All she does is talk about and talk to Vic.
I'm happy for her. But she needs to cool it.

"Yeah, dumb question I guess. Vic said they and some other friends are going bowling tonight. He wants to know if we should come. Tony will be there," She winked at me.

I chuckled. Don't get me wrong, Tony was sexy. And I think he's really sweet. But I never get too far in, because I never stick around for too long. I'm just not that kind of girl.

"Well, it'll make for a fun night I suppose. Let's do it." I agreed, shrugging slightly.

"Eeep!" She squeeled. "I'll tell Vic."

We wasted the rest of the day watching movies until it was time to get ready.

I chose some light wash jean shorts with a lace overlay on the front and a black corset top. I straightened my hair to perfection and teased the stop a little bit. I did all my make up and walked back downstairs to see Cara already ready, sitting on the couch.

"Damn, BellBell, you look sexy!" I exclaimed, taking in her skin tight black skinny jeans and her yellow ruffled tank top, which accented her lovely italian skin beautifully.

"I don't look overdone? Like I tried too hard?" She stood up, fidgeting with her clothes.

"Look at me." I said, laughing. I was the queen of overdone.

"But you pull it off. Just answer me." She laughed as well.

"You look fuckin' stunning, as always." I smiled, wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

"You look slutty." She smiled back.

"Good. Mission accomplished." I led her out to my car. We pulled up to the bowling alley and it was practically dead, just four cars in the parking lot.

"We're going to be like the only group here." I observed.

"Good, I hate crowds." She snorted, exiting the car and waiting for me by the door of the bowling alley. I trotted up to her and walked in with her.

We saw a group of boys standing by the check out desk, waiting for us presumably. We saw Kellin, Tony, Vic, Mike, Jaime, and three other boys we didn't recognize.

We walked up and immediately Vic began grinning at Carabella.
"There she is!" He said excitedly.
Oh fucking puke.

"And here I am!" I inserted, pretending to be hurt because he didn't acknowledge me.

"And there you are." He added, smiling at me too.

"This is Alex, and Jack, they're in a band called All Time Low. And this is Austin, he's in Of Mice and Men." Vic introduced us. "This is Carabella, and Mariela."

I waved, smiling at them. Carabella didn't even look like she heard Vic, she was just smiling at him.

"Oh my god, I can't handle this." I laughed, walking over to the counter and grabbing the shoes I needed.

"I'm really happy you came." A voice said from behind me. I spun around on my heels to see Tony, smiling sheepishly at me.

"I wouldn't have if you weren't gonna be here." I smiled back.
He led me over to a chair so I could put my shoes on and then we went to look for a ball to use.

"The child ones are over there. You should use a light one, I don't want you to get hurt." He pointed over to the shelf with the neon colored balls that were all 8 pounds or less.

"Oh, you're a dick." I laughed, grabbing a 12 pound ball off a different shelf.

He grabbed one two and we went to our lane and sat down, waiting for everyone else to get their asses in gear.

"Austin hasn't stopped looking at you since you got here." Tony said, glancing back at Austin, who, indeed, was looking in our direction.

"You can't blame him, Vic clearly marked his territory on Carabella, and I'm the only other girl here." I said, patting Tony's shoulder.

"I was just letting you know." He said, getting slightly defensive. I looked down at my feet, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Not to be straightforward, but your eyes are stunning." A voice broke me from my staring contest with the floor. My head snapped up to see Austin, smiling down at me.

"Oh, hahaa. Thats not too straightforward. Thank you." I grinned back.

"It's your turn." Austin added, looking up at the screen. Oh shoot, we must have been sitting here longer than I thought. I got up and bowled my turn.

When I sat back down, Carabella was next to me, not Tony.

"Seriously, Austin's eyes were glued to your butt." Cara laughed, whispering to me. I leaned in closer to her.

"Yeah Tony got all jealous and said he hasn't stopped looking at me since we got here."

She frowned. "I like Tony. Can't you be nice to him?"

"I am being nice! I didn't do anything!" I shouted, causing everyone to look at us. I laughed harder and looked around at everyone.

"Something you want to share with the group?" Mike looked at us with an eyebrow cocked.

"No, continue with your game." Carabella urged, smiling. Mike chuckled at us and continued with his turn.

"Well, I'm just saying. You know he thinks you're cute. So just be sensitive. for once. In your life. Ever." She said.

"Okay, jesus. I get it." I rolled my eyes, leaning back in my chair. Tony was sitting across from us so I flashed him a smile.

He blushed lightly and smiled back.

I got up to bowl my turn and Austin stopped me.

"You're really beautiful, you know that? I know it's random and probably weird from a stranger, but you and Carabella are the two most breathtaking women I've ever seen." He rambled.

I couldn't help but smile. That was really sweet!

I giggled. "Thanks, you're pretty breathtaking yourself." I finished. Oh shit, I hope Carabella wasn't watching. We just talked about this!

"Aw, shucks. You're cute." He said, letting the compliments just roll off us tongue.

"Oh, stop." I said, punching him playfully in the shoulder.

--Carabella's POV--
I sat next to Tony and Vic as Mariela and Austin practically drooled over each other. She's so ridiculous.

"So, she's like that with every guy she meets?" Tony asked, slightly pissed off.

"Um, yeah. Kind of. She just flirts a lot." I tried to make it sound like she wasn't a bad girl, but when it comes to guys, she's a little ruthless.

"Oh. Okay." Tony sighed, defeated.

Vic put his arm around the back of my chair. "Has she ever like, fell in love?" He asked me.

"Well yeah, she just doesn't know how to show it I guess. She's an amazing girl. Really. She just has some issues." I tried.

"Tony, you don't need that. Don't stress about it." Vic said.

"Hey now, she is my best friend. Just because she flirts doesn't mean she's a bad person." I crossed my arms.

"I know babe, I just--"

"Did you just call me babe!?" I exclaimed.

"Y-yeah, I'm--"

"AW!" I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Hahaha, well I'm happy you liked it?" He said, hugging me back.

Mariela approached the scene, looking at Tony.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Vic called her babe and she had a love fit." Tony explained.

Mariela chuckled. "Yeah, she does that. She's a sap."

Tony stood up and walked away.

"What's his deal?" Mariela asked, sitting down in the seat he just left.

"Hmm, I wonder." Vic spat sarcastically, and I kicked him.

"What?!" Mariela asked.

"Oh, Austin, you're so cute!" I mimicked her.

"Oh..." She trailed off. Vic and I stared at her.

"Okay, jeez! I'll go fix it." She huffed, walking out of the building where Tony had went.

--Mariela's POV--
I walked outside the bowling alley. I looked left and right before I saw Tony leaning against the building smoking a cigarette.

He saw me and quickly looked away.

"Hey, Tony." I smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Hi." He said shortly.

"Um, so, I know why you're mad Tony and I--"

"Oh you do? Why do you think I'm mad?" Tony interrupted.

I was thrown off by how cold he was acting.

"Because I acted like I like you, and then I flirted with Austin?" I tried.

"Acted?" He scoffed. "Cool."

"No, Tony, that's not what I meant! Ugh. I'm so bad with words." I rain my fingers through my hair nervously.

He flicked his cigarette and turned to face me.

"Can I make it up to you?" I offered.

"I'm sure you can." I could tell he was trying not to smile.

"Okay, I'll think of something amazing." I smiled.

"Okay. I'll try not to be mad anymore." He agreed, "Lets go back inside."
We walked back in the bowling alley together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really don't want them to move too fast. You know, I feel like too many people just jump in. :)

I'm trying to get the point across that Mariela really thinks like a man in a way. She is dominant in her relationships.
And that Carabella wants so desperately for someone to settle down with her she'll dress and act like she thinks they need her too.

I also got a message from someone asking if I do oneshot requests.

and I was like. absofuckinglutely. So send em in. :)