Sequel: My Worst Enemy
Status: completed!

Almost Too Much

Change of Pace

Carabella's POV--

"Mariela, lets talk." I said, patting the couch next to me.

"Okay?" She said cautiously, sitting next to me. "Whats up?"

"I think we need to sell the adoption center."

"WHAT!?" She exclaimed, eyes wide.

"You know thats not what we want to do. Don't look at me like I'm crazy, ever since Tony played guitar with you in our music room you've spent more time in there then you have at the agency. Yesterday, I was singing in the shower. SINGING. You know I haven't sang in years. I know we do not want to keep the agency." I explained, letting my shoulders slump slightly.

Mariela's face softened, and she leaned back, sighing.

"I know. I've been thinking about it too. But I can't be irresponsible about this. You know everyone thinks we get everything handed to us. I'm not about to get rid of something we put a lot of time and effort into without another plan." She sighed.

"We love music too much to stay away." I added.

"You know, my Dad knows that music management guy, you'd be great at that! Like we already run a business, I'm sure you can manage a few boys in a band." She encouraged.

"Yeah, I could totally do that. I'd love it. I'd be around music all the time." I agreed, smiling lightly. Were we really about to do this huge career change?

"I'll keep the agency running until I figure out what I'm going to do. In the mean time, I'll scope out our employees, so one of them can take it over when I leave." She continued.

"That sounds like a good plan. Lets call the boys and invite them over to tell them." I smiled, grabbing my phone and dialing Vic's number.

"Hello?" He answered cheerfully.

"Are you with everyone?" I asked.

"Um, yeah, and Austin too. Why, whats up?"

"Come over. Bring everyone. Mariela and I have news."

"Oh? Okay, yeah sure. We aren't doing anything." He said, and then he got quieter. "I'm excited I get to see you."

I tried not to blush. "Me, too."

"See you soon!" He hung up.

"They're coming over, with Austin." I told Mariela.

"What!?" Her mouth dropped. "You know how Tony gets with Austin, and I--"

"WOAH! Did you just consider Tony's FEELINGS?" I was genuinely shocked.

"Oh, my god, I did. I did." She was taken aback.

"Thats unbelievable. Is Tony reigning you in?" I smiled hugely. That'd be so perfect. Vic and I, Tony and her. How cute!

"No." She said bluntly, crossing her arms.

"Do you like him?" I pried.

"I dont know him."

"Oh shut up, yes you do. Do you like him?"

"It doesn't matter, we haven't known each other that long. And you know I'm not that kind of girl." She rolled her eyes at me.

"Oh c'mon, Mar. I know you aren't, but its okay to like someone! Why are you so scared?" My face soften.

"I'm not scared." She argued. I gave her a look. "Okay, I am scared. Is that so bad? My mom and I look exactly alike. Like twins. And my dad used her for a status symbol. He was rich, she was beautiful, therefore they belonged together. Why would I go through something like that?"

"Tony isn't like that." I defended him.

"I don't know him well enough to know that, and either do you." Mariela crossed her arms. I guess she was right.

"I'm excited to see Vic." I said, changing the subject. I knew the conversation wouldn't go well from there.

"Oh, cute." She chuckled. "Are you guys fuckin' yet?"

"Ew, oh my god. Shush. You know I don't do that. We haven't even kissed." I laughed.

Vic was, something else. He was so sweet, and he understood me so well. But I didn't want to go too fast. I knew we had just met. I also know I have a habit of rushing things, so I tried to remember that.

The door swung open.

"We're here!" Jaime sang, stepping into the house dramatically.

I snorted, "Hey, Jaime. Settle down."

He frowned. "You ruin all my fun constantly."

"She does that." Mariela chirped. I glared at her.

The boys filed in and sat around us, and Austin sat right next to Mariela. Tony was the last one in, and saw Austin sitting there. His face tightened but he controlled it and sat next to Jaime on the floor facing us.

"Hey beautiful." Austin said to Mariela. She giggled. I looked at Vic and gagged.

"Anyway, whats the news!" Vic said excitedly, resting a hand on my leg.

"I'm quitting my job!" I shouted.

"Okay, not really. But way to be dramatic." Mariela laughed.

"Well, I'm changing careers. Mariela's dad knows a guy in music management and I'm going to give him a call and see if I can get in. I'll be managing bands, like you guys!" I smiled excitedly.

"Thats really cool and all, but you're just going to call and expect a job?" Mike raised his eyebrows at me.

"Have you met us? We can pull off anything." Mariela gloated, and Austin was awestruck with her.

I glanced at Tony, who looked pissed. I smiled at him sympathetically, and he returned it.

"Yeah, I don't think it'll be that hard. Mariela's dad is practically my dad." I added.
Vic gave me an approving smile. "Good for you."

"Mariela, what are you going to do?" Austin asked her, intent on her and only her.

She looked slightly uncomfortable, but he didn't seem to notice.

"I'm going to run the adoption agency until I figure out what I want." She answered.

"Oh, thats amazing. All by yourself? That's going to be a lot of work." Austin continued, wrapping his arm around the back of the couch over her shoulders.

She shifted awkwardly. It was even awkward for me to watch.

Vic looked at me, and we locked eyes.

"What do I do?!" I whispered.

"About them!?" I tried to discreetly motion towards Austin and Mariela.

"Oh chill," he whispered back, "she's a big girl."

My protective best friend side was clearly kicking in.

"Do we ever get to hang out alone?" Vic whispered in my ear, making me shiver.

"What are you doing tonight?" I winked.

He chuckled at me. "We have practice. Trying to stay tuned up before tour. But you could come, and afterwards we could be alone."

"Sounds perfect." I smiled. I was so excited, it took all my self control not to jump up and down.

We all hung out and chit chatted for a while, and then the boys left to set up for practice, I told Vic I'd meet him at Vic and Mike's house soon.

"Wow, Austin makes me so uncomfortable." Mariela whined.

"Yeah, that was weird. Keep your distance from him, okay?" I advised.

She nodded.

"Wanna go to Pierce The Veil's band practice with me?" I asked excitedly.

"Holy shit, calm down. Yeah, I wanna go. I can stare at Tony all night." She laughed.

"I'm so excited to see Vic sing." I gushed.

She rolled her eyes and laughed at me.

-----------------------------------------------------

"It was back there!" Mariela yelled at me from the passenger seat.

We were having some trouble finding Vic and Mike's house.

"The GPS says this way!" I objected.

"You're the only person who uses a GPS in their hometown." She complained.

"Okay, maybe it was back there..." I glanced back and forth.

"Pull the fuck over, and let me fucking drive." She commanded.

I scoffed, and pulled over, switching seats with Mariela.

"Okay, anyway..." Mariela did an illegal U turn and drove towards where she believed it was.
....And she was right.
I hate when shes right.

"Here." She flashed a smile at me.

I smacked her on the arm and shot myself out of the car. I practically ran to the front door.

I heard Mariela's heels clipping on the steps behind me. She reached around me and rang the doorbell.

"WE'RE HERE!" She yelled. I gave her a disapproving look. She put up her hands defensively.

The door flung open and Mike was standing there smiling, with a bottle in his hand.

"Drinking already Mike? Practice hasn't even started." I teased.

"I go hard." He smiled. "C'mon in, ladies." He motioned towards the house and we followed him in.

My eyes scanned the room for Vic, and finally found him sitting on the couch next to Jaime.

He looked up at me and smiled immediately. I hoped he was as happy to see me as I was him.

"Carabella!" He said excitedly, ditching Jaime, and whatever Jaime was trying to talk to him about, to come wrap me up in a hug.
He smelled so masculine and warm. I always thought it was weird when girls talked about how a guy smelled, but I get it with Vic.

"I'm so excited you're here." He said into my hair.

"Me, too." I agreed.

He released me and rested his hands on my shoulders, studying my face.

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"Have I told you you're probably the most beautiful girl I've ever met?" He whispered.

"Oh, stop." I blushed.

"You're so cute. C'mon, down to the basement where we practice." He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders and leading me down.
He made me feel like I was the only person in the room.
We walked downstairs where a huge studio was set up, it looked almost professional quality.

"Wow." I breathed.

"Theres a couch right over there, go ahead and sit down babe." He smiled, going over to where they would practice.

I sat down on the couch and I was joined by Kellin, Austin, and Mariela. I didn't even know those boys were there.

-Mariela's POV--

I was slightly upset when I saw Austin. Why does he have to be here?
I was even more upset when he put his hand on the small of my back when we all walked downstairs to practice.
By the time we all sat down on the couch, I was slightly irritated.

"Hey, Carabella, wasn't it suuuuper fun to have Tony over last night." I said, hoping Austin was listening.

She caught on, thats why she's my best friend.

"Oh yeah, you two would be a suuuuper cute couple." She gushed convincingly.

"Yeah, I think so too." I replied, leaning back on the couch.

"Oh. You and Tony?" Austin asked uncomfortably.

"I hope." I confessed. And for a moment, I didn't know if I was acting or if I meant it...

"Cool." He said bitterly.

The first few notes of Caraphernelia rang through the air and it completely consumed my attention.

I found Tony on the right side and locked eyes with him. He smiled at me before letting the song envelope him.
He was so fun to watch. He really loved this. And he was an amazing guitar player.
I watched his silky hair fly around, and his lips mouth the words of the song. His arms were defined and flexed as he strummed.

"Jesus, Mariela, you're drooling." Austin crossed his arms angrily.

"Haha, sorry." I couldn't help but laugh. I wasn't drooling really, but my mouth was open and I hadn't stopped staring.

Every song mesmerized me. Every move he made mesmerized me. I was so confused. I'd never felt like this before. This wasn't like me. I was almost angry.

They finished and put their instruments down, I immediately trotted up to Tony.

"You're...fantastic." I tried, even though that word didn't begin to cover it.

"Really? Thanks." He said, like he'd never heard that before. Or maybe he just wasn't expecting it from me.

"I told Austin that we were together...or were trying to be...or something." I tried to explain. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?" He laughed. "That's great!"

"Really? You don't think its weird? He just wouldn't leave me alone and I didn't know what to do."

"Mariela, seriously. If we don't actually have a thing, the next best thing is Austin thinking we do." He joked.

"Oh. haha. Yeah. I guess so." I twirled my hair in my fingers. "Vic is bringing Carabella home, so I'm going to head home. I'm exhausted, and I have to go in early tomorrow because Cara won't be there anymore. So I think I'll head out. But tomorrow, stop by the agency. I can show you around and stuff." I offered.

"That sounds great. I'll see you tomorrow." He smiled, leaning in to kiss me on the cheek.

I blushed, and left the basement.

--Carabella's POV-

As Vic sang out the first note of Caraphernelia, I about lost it. I almost had a complete crazy fan moment. His voice was flawless. It made me completely melt. I was't one hundred percent sure I wasn't a puddle.

Kellin's voice snapped me out of my trance. "So, are you guys going to like date or something."

"Um, I hope so." I couldn't make eye contact with him.

"Wow." He spat.

"Kellin, why are you even mad." I said, looking over at him.

"Because we dated, and he's my best friend!" He exclaimed.

"Kellin! People move on!" I threw my hands up in exasperation.

"Did it have to be to him?! Of all people!" He shouted at me, standing up and storming out of the room.

Vic rushed over to me. "What the hell was that about?"

"He's mad that we like each other." I almost chuckled, that sounded so juvenile.

"Really? Thats not like him. He's usually so chill." Vic mused.

"Well, clearly not over this." I crossed my arms.

"Hey, hey," Vic put his hand on my cheek and kissed my forehead, "calm down. He'll get over it."

I felt like that puddle again.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's so hard for me to focus on Vic and Carabella, because I relate more closely to Mariela, and I think Tony is a fuckin' dream boat. ahahaa. Sorry if it seems like I favor one.

This chapter isn't that great. Promise the next one will be lovely and sweet. :)