Sequel: My Worst Enemy
Status: completed!

Almost Too Much

Paths

-Carabella's POV-
The Tuesday I'd been waiting for took forever to get here.

But finally, I was driving to go meet the band I'd be managing.

I arrived at the record label and walked in to the lobby, and up to the front desk.

"Hey, I'm Carabella--" I started.

The secretary cut me off. "Yup, they're waiting for you." She smiled, pointing down the hall. "Go straight down there, and take a left at the end of the hallway. First door on the right."

I smiled, and headed off to my destination. I started to feel nervous, then I realized they're probably scared I'll be a raging bitch, so I have no reason to be nervous.
I walked in to the room and saw three boys sitting on the couch.

"Hey, guys." I smiled warmly.
They smiled back.

"I'm Carabella, I'll be helping you out here."

"I'm Jason," The first one stood up, and shook my hand. He had on a Pierce The Veil shirt. I laughed in my head. Of course he's a fan. He had naturally blonde hair, that swished to the side.

"I'm Rango." One of the other ones stood up, and waved shyly at me. He had long brown hair that reminded me of Vic's, only thicker, and a snapback on backwards.

"Rango, huh?" I commented, chuckling slightly.

"I don't even remember how I got the nickname." He shrugged.

"I'm Wesley." The last one said, smiling at me. He had jet black hair, and a lip piercing.

"Nice to meet you guys. What do you call yourselves? Is it just you three?" I asked.

"We're Sweet Release. Uh, no. Vee is in the restroom." Wesley said, motioning towards the door.

I nodded and waited for "Vee" to come out.
A girl with long, maroon hair came out, looking sickly pale. She was pretty.

"You alright?" I asked her, concerned.

"Yeah, I just felt nauseous. It's been happening a lot lately." Her voice rang out. It was a rather girly, high voice. I wanted to know how it sounded when she sang.

I let it go, though I figured something else was up.

"Lets hear you guys play." I smiled, excited, they all jumped up and ran to their instruments in the sound proof room.
I watched through the glass and put on my headphones to listen.

They started playing, and I was impressed. They have a heavy sound, but it wasn't over done. They were actually really amazing.

Then Vee started to sing. I tried not to make my disappointment visual.
Don't get me wrong. She was a good singer. But her voice was all wrong for this genre. She had a light, airy voice that didn't blend well with the tone of the music.

They got done and filed over to me. What'd I say? This was rough.

"You guys are really good." I said. That wasn't a lie, I said GUYS. The guys were really good. She didn't catch on though.

"Thank you." She said kindly. I smiled at her.

We all chatted about what we wanted the first album to be like, and I told them I'd let them know when and where we'd start recording.

They all left, and I stopped Vee before she could leave.

"Hey, stay here for a minute." I said, resting a hand on her shoulder.

"Oh, o-okay." She stuttered, clearly nervous.

"Hun, any chance you're pregnant?" I asked.

"I am, actually. I know I am." She admitted, not looking at me.

"Oh..." I said. "Vee, you've got some thinking to do."

She broke down and started crying. "I don't want to tour. I don't even want this. I want to be a full time mom. I'm not one of those young girls who gets knocked up. Paul, he's amazing, the dad. We've been together for four years. We planned the pregnancy. I didn't have the guys to tell the guys. I was scared. They would be so mad if I backed out just when we're getting our chance." She rambled.

My eyes widened. It was my first day, and all this got dumped on me.

"Okay, sweetie, calm down. It'll be okay. They can find another vocalist. If you really don't want this."

"They can? I mean, I know they can. I'm just... I don't know. Will you tell them for me?" She asked.

WHAT?!

"Tell them your pregnant or that you're leaving the band?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Both?" She asked, with a desperate look in her eyes.

I sighed. "Yeah, I can do that."
I can't say no to anyone. UGH.

"Thank you so much. I'll give you my number, tell me how it goes." She rattled off her digits and I smiled cautiously at her.

I basically ran to my car after that and dialed Vic's number.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Please tell me your not busy." I begged.

"I'm never too busy for you. Why, whats up?" He chuckled.

"Meet me at my place? Just a long day at work." I said.

"Yeah, for sure. I'll go there now." He said, and we said our goodbyes.

I drove like a crazy person to our house. Tony and Mariela's cars were parked outside. I jumped out of the car as Vic pulled up next to me.

"Hey babe." He said, hopping out of the car and planting a kiss on my cheek.

"You'll never believe this shit." I groaned, leading him into the house.

Tony and Mariela were sitting on the couch.

"Hey, Bell, Vic." Mariela smiled warmly. Tony's arm was around her shoulders. I took note of it, I'd be more excited for her if I wasn't so stressed.

"You'll never believe the day I had!" I shouted, throwing my stuff on the side table and plopping myself on the floor in front of Tony and Mariela.
Tony looked up at Vic and raised an eyebrow. Vic just chuckled and shrugged, sitting down next to me.

"Whats going on? Do they suck?" Mariela asked me.

"No. Let me tell you everything. So I walk in, and theres three boys sitting there right? And their names are Jason, Wesley, and Rango. And then, this girl comes out of the bathroom when shes done THROWING UP, her name is Vee. She's their singer. Anyway, I asked them to play, and they're AMAZING. Like, the dudes are talented as shit. But then Vee starts to sing, I thought I was gonna die. Her voice doesn't suck, but its not suited for that music at all. It's wayyyy to airy and unoriginal. And then they all leave, and I asked Vee if she's pregnant, and she IS! SHE IS! And she doesn't want to be in the band anymore, because she wants to be a full time mommy, and she asked me to tell the guys because I can't say no so I'm going to, and now I have to break it to them that their singer is leaving right as they are reaching their dreams, and find a new singer!" I said, almost all in one breath. They all looked at me with wide eyes.

"Well, I was mad because one of the dogs shit on me today, but yours is way worse." Mariela looked at me sympathetically.

"Actually, yours is pretty bad." Vic laughed at Mariela.

"Guys! What do I do!" I exclaimed, grabbing my hair in frustration.

"First, calm down." Tony said sweetly, "And breath a little. It'll be okay. A lot of bands go through line up changes."

"That's true. And there are plenty of struggling musicians in San Diego." Mariela offered.

I sighed, I guess they were right.

"I'm going to call the guys and tell them. So we can replace her as quick as possible." I got up and walked into a quieter room to break the news.

-Mariela's POV-
Carabella left the room to handle her duties.

"Holy shit." I sighed for her.

"Yeah, maybe you shouldn't leave the agency." Tony chuckled, pulling me closer, keeping his arm on my shoulder.

"Jeez, maybe." I shrugged.

"I'm worried about her, I don't like to see her stressed." Vic piped in, frowning at me.

"Aw, how cute." I chuckled at him.

We waited for her to come back into the room.

She came back, and sat down next to Vic.

"Well, I explained to them what happened. I told them that I thought they'd be better with a different type of singer anyway. They were a little upset, but not too bad." She shrugged, smiling in relief.

"Good. What now?" I asked her.

She was silent for a little bit, and then her head snapped up and her eyes glowed as she stared at me.

"What..." I trailed off, looking around awkwardly.

"YOU." She yelled, getting up and jumping on my lap, burying her head into my neck. "YOURE SO BEAUTIFUL."

"What are you talking about?!" I shrieked, throwing her off of me. She looked up at me from the ground where she landed.

"You'd get to be in videos and photoshoots, people would interview you, fans would worship the ground you walk on, you sexy beast." She rambled.
My jaw fell open.

"You are not thinking what I think you're thinking." I spat.

"Oh, but I am." She smiled. I glanced at Vic, then at Tony. They both looked confused as hell.

"You have all those lyrics sitting in our music room, we could put them to use!" She continued.

"Shut up. I am not replacing Vee. I don't even know those guys." I concluded.

"Please?! PLEASE! You know you're talented. And you would just enchant all these people. They'd love you. PLEASE!" She yelled, standing up. I stood up so we were facing each other.

"You've got to be kidding. No." I crossed my arms. She reached up and put her hands on my shoulders.

"Think about it Mar. You've always wanted a music career, but you knew it was unrealistic. Now, there is a spot made for you, perfectly, sitting right in front of you and you're not going to take it?" She said, staring me right in the eyes.

I stopped, and breathed in.

Her smile slowly grew.

"Yeah?" She said.

"...yeah." I agreed.

"YES!! OH MY GOD!" She squeeled, running over to Vic who was now standing and hugging him excitedly.

"I've never even heard you sing. You have to sing for us." Tony said, catching my attention.

"Yeah, sure I guess. Might as well get used to it." I shrugged.

"I'll play for you, c'mon." Vic said, running off towards our music room like it was his house. I laughed.

Carabella's smile didn't fade as we all walked over to the room.
I sat next to Vic on the stools and Tony and Carabella sat on the floor in front of us like little kids. I chuckled at them.

"Sing a Pierce the Veil song." Carabella said.

Vic laughed. "Because those are the only ones I know."

"Do you have a request, Cara?" I smiled at her, she was giddy like a little girl.

"'Stay Away From My Friends.'" She exclaimed.

Vic started playing, and I sang when I was supposed to. I sang it without much thought, thats how I was when I sang.

The song ended, and Carabella had this huge ass grin on her face.

"Car, you're creeping me out. Stop looking at me like that." I laughed.

"But you're so amazing. I love you." She said.

I rolled my eyes at her.
I looked at Vic, who also was smiling at me.

"You guys are seriously stressing me out looking at me like that." I shuddered.

"She's right though, you're really good. Your voice isn't so breathy like a lot of girls, its strong and powerful. You'll command a stage easy. It'll sound good with heavy music." Vic reassured me.

"C'mon, Vic, lets call the band." Carabella, grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of the room.

I looked down at Tony, who was still on the floor.

"Say something, you're worrying me." I said. He stood up and grabbed my wrist, pulling me up too.

"I'll just show you." He whispered, stepping up to me. He brought his hand up to my cheek and I leaned into his hand. He grinned, and pushed our lips together.
I deepened the kiss. It felt so good to have him here, against me.
He pulled away, smiling at me.

"Wow." He breathed.

"So much for going slow." I laughed at him, but I couldn't get the smile off my face.

"I waited long enough." He scoffed, pulling me into another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
PISSED. I just wrote this chapter, and I accidently clicked out of it before publishing it :( now I have to rewrite it ugh.
my life.