Status: Currenty suffering from a writersblock, will continue as soon as I can

Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long

Still you run, what's to come? What's to be?

After another night filled with horrible nightmares and had finally found a comfortable position to sleep in again. I turned around and snuggled in the blanket, sighing comfortable.
“Morning princess,” Dean said as yanked the blanket away. I groaned and hid my face in the pillow.
“I swear to god I almost slept.”
“Well, that’s too bad then. We gotta hit the road. Come on.”
“Nooo,” I whined. “Dean, I’m serious. It’s 6 AM, fuck off.”
“Lennox Mary Winchester, get out that bed, I’m serious!” he said. I sat up straight and looked at him with a lopsided smile.
“Did you actually use your big brother voice there?”
“What? No...” he said, trying to escape the situation. “Y’know what, we’ll go in an hour.”
I got up and smiled widely. “You did! Last time I heard that voice was when I saw you for the last time.”
Even though he tried to look pissed, a smile broke through and soon he let out a laugh. “I’m sorry. It worked though. Get dressed, Sam wants to hit the road.”
“Give me thirty minutes to shower and stuff and I’ll be ready to be dragged all over the country again.”
“Sure. I’ll be waiting here.”



“Can I drive?” I tried for what probably was the fifteenth try this week. Dean squinted his eyes and sighed.
“Fine.” He threw the keys in my direction. I quickly caught them and ran towards the shiny impala. I drove it once before, on my sixteenth. I didn’t crash at the time, so I guess he trusted me with his ‘baby’.
I slipped onto the driver’s seat and turned the engine on. The car came to life with a rumbling sound as Dean sat down next to me.
“Hey Sam, can you give me that ipod thingy?” I asked. Dean groaned.
“You can’t douche her up Nox! You can drive today, fine, but no way you’re gonna put that thing in my car,” he said with a look of pure disgust on his face.
“Driver picks the music,” I started.
“Yeah yeah. Shotgun shots his cakehole, I get it.”
I quickly installed it and quickly made a small playlist before I plugged my ipod in. Quickly “Iris” by Goo Goo Dolls started playing and I started the engine. Dean mumbled something along the way of “better be decent,” before crossing his arms like an annoyed toddler.
“It is good music Dean, just takes some time getting used to. I swear I’m gonna shoot myself if I have to listen to the same Metallica album another ten times in a row,” I said.
“Hey, you gotta give credit to Metallica. They’re awesome!” he said in defence.
“Yes Dean. They are awesome, not twenty times in a row,” I said with a teasing smile.
“Mhh ‘kay. Good. Now be quiet so I can judge your music taste in silence.”
I drove for about two hours, loudly singing along, even catching my brother at singing some songs before Dean spoke up again.
“You think we can stop sometime soon for some grub?”
“Of course.”
I drove to a small town and stopped the car in front of the first diner I saw.
“This okay with you?” I asked as I unbuckled. Naturally they already were inside, sitting at a table.
I sat down across Dean, next to Sam.
“Can I take your order?” a young blonde girl asked nervously as her eyes shot from Sam to Dean to me.
“I’d like a cheeseburger,” Dean said, not even bothering to take a look at the menu.
“Uh, chicken salad please,” Sam asked as he looked into the menu with a frown.
“And what can I get you?” she asked as she sent me a dirty look.
“I’d like to get the same as him,” I replied as I nodded at Sam. “Thanks.”
“It’s really calm here,” I noticed as I looked around. “It’s only us and that guy over there. And the waitress. It doesn’t feel right.”
With a fluttering sound Castiel appeared behind Dean.
“You should leave. It’s not safe here. The demon that is after to you is very close,” he said, almost stumbling over his words.
“What? Were?” I asked dumbfound.
“Close enough. Now go,” he said before he disappeared again. I sighed deeply.
“Guess we gotta hit the road again then.”

Dean’s point of view

I looked at Lennox every once in a while she was behind the wheel of my car. She looked exhausted. The dark circles under her eyes made her look older than she actually was and she looked really pale. Her drinking behaviour was scarily close to mine, which was the biggest sign of them all. She wasn’t doing okay.
Hell, I could just see in her eyes that she wasn’t doing okay, but I had no idea how to start a decent conversation ever since we had our fight.
I frowned, thinking about the thing she said when I forced her to get ready.

“I swear to god I almost slept.”

Almost.
She probably thought that I didn’t hear her tossing and turning at night. I barely slept myself unless I drank myself into oblivion, so I knew the signs.
The tossing and turning all night. The drinking, laughing everything away and trying to avoid anything that came to talking about feelings. Losing your shit when someone brings it up and acting like nothing happened afterwards. The sarcasm. The harshness, the will to kill the thing that did it to you.
It was a family curse.
I could remember the small girl running around a small field as dad shouted at me to look out for her and Sammy.
“Don’t you let anything happen to my princess, Dean. You hear me? Keep them safe.” he would shout as he got in the car. And I always answered the same.
“Yes sir.”
I frowned and plucked on my jeans.
“Can we stop at a diner in a few miles to try again?” I asked, trying to shake the thought away.
“Yeah sure,” she said as she kept focussing on the road. Now that I took a closer look I saw that her eyes were bloodshot too.
She pretended to be fine, but she wasn’t at all.
Not even close.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, that took me a while! I finished all my exams and I'm done for now, I get the results june 12th... So either I graduate immediatly, I fail or I have to re do one of the exams. Ahhh I'm so nervous.

Anyway, it's still a bit short cause I really lack inspiration, but I'm taking the time to read loads of fics and books so I get inspired myself.

Comments are highly appreciated c: