Status: Currenty suffering from a writersblock, will continue as soon as I can

Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long

Cause we hunt you down without mercy

“Hey Cas?” I asked softly, knowing he was sitting on the chair in the room. “Why are you sticking around at night?”
It must’ve been pretty late, since I heard Sam snoring in the bed next to min, while Dean took the separate room this time.
“I need you to be safe,” he simply answered. “Nothing can happen to you, or we will have a huge problem.”
“Again?” I asked with a smile.
“Yes,” he admitted. “It will be a huge problem if you fall into the wrong hands.”
“If I fall into the wrong hands? I as in, me, a quite boring hunter?”
“Yes. I already told you, you are very special.”
I sat up straight and wiped the hair from my face. “For an angel you talk an awful lot of bullshit, y’know?”
“You assume that I am lying,” he noticed.
“Yes! What the hell is so special about me?” I asked as I searched the floor next to the bed for my shoes.
“I can’t tell you yet,” he said. “I’m truly sorry Lennox.”
“Bullshit Castiel,” I said. I finally found the shoes and slipped them on before I got up. As soon as he got into my sight I stopped right on the spot.
“What the hell is that?!” I asked in panic. Castiel turned around, looking for the thing, of course not finding anything.
“What are you talking about?” he asked confused.
“That frigging thing right there!” I said as I pointed at the thing hovering over his head.
“You mean my halo?” he asked as if it were the most normal thing in the world.
“You have a halo?!” I screeched. Sam stirred in his sleep, reminding me that we were not alone in the room. “A halo?” I continued in a softer tone. “You seriously have a frigging halo,” I said more to myself that to him.
“Of course I have a halo. I’m an angel of the lord,” he said.
“Right,” I said. “Why not. Ghosts, demons, the frigging devil. I can handle a halo.”
He smiled and looked at the ground. “You are supposed to be sleeping, humans need at least a few hours of sleep. It’s almost three o’clock and you haven’t fallen asleep at any point of the day so far.”
“I’m not tired,” I lied.
“You are a bad liar, Lennox. Your soul is exhausted. You’re not just tired, you’re empty. Your body and soul are running on their extras.”
“Meaning?”
“That you will break,” he said as if it were the most logic thing ever. “You will emotionally break down and it will take love to heal it. And sleep, of course. You need to try. ”
I smiled tiredly and shook my head. “I gave up trying when I saw the heartbeat of my son disappear, Castiel.”
“I believe you are stronger than that.”
“I rather doubt that,” I said as I wrapped myself in the blankets again.
Cas opened his mouth to protest, but quickly closed it, deciding that it probably would be better to shut his mouth. “Do not get scared,” he said as he came closer. “I won’t harm you.”
I suspiciously eyed him, but before I could protest he pressed two fingers to my head, making me fall into a deep, dreamless sleep in an instant.



“Lennox,” some said in an urgent tone while shaking my shoulder violently. “Lennox wake up!”
I realised it was Sam shaking my shoulder and trying to wake me up. “What? Dinner ready?” I asked, still half asleep.
“Demons,” he whispered. “Cas said they’re here. The one that is after you is here. We need to go right now.”
I sat up, all signs of exhaustion disappearing. “Oh hell no!” I put my shoes on and grabbed my knife. That demon wasn’t leaving this damn town without meeting me first.
“Lennox!” Sam shouted, but I already was outside with the knife in my hand.
“Come on then, you fucking coward!” I shouted. “All the big talk and no face. How brave for a fucking demon!”
A young men came around the corner with a frown on his face. “Can I help you ma’am?” he asked worried. “You seem confused. Maybe you should put the knife down.”
“It’s none of your business,” I snarled.
“Oh darling,” he said as he blinked. His hazel eyes coloured pitch black. “I’m afraid you’re wrong. Let’s have a cup of tea, shall we?”
Before I could answer he walked into the motel room. “You coming, sweetheart?”
I followed the man inside and sat down on my unmade bed.
He crossed his legs and smiled gently. “So you must be wondering why I picked this meat suit. Let’s just say that I used to look like this when I was human. Also, my name is Marius.”
“Marius?” I asked with a frown. He smiled and nodded.
“Yes. But I’m not here to harm you.”
I snorted in disbelieve. “You’re a demon. I’m not stupid, Marius.”
He smiled sadly. “I understand. But I know who’s after you though.”
Sam barged in with Dean just behind him. A bottle worth of holy water was dumped on the demon’s head, making Marius scream in pain and fall of his chair.
“Please!” he begged. “Please don’t! I swear on everything I stand for that I am not here to hurt you!”
“You have nothing you stand for,” Dean growled as he dragged him to his room. He pulled a corner of the carpet back and spray painted a devil’s trap on the floor before he threw the demon in the middle.
“Who are you and what are doing here?” Dean asked as he crossed his arms. He glared at young man, who was now curled up in ball in the middle of the devil’s trap.
“My name is Marius and you already figured out that I’m a demon. I’m here to help you.”
Sam let out a loud laugh. “To help us? We’ve been through that before, that’s not gonna happen,”
He crouched down so he could face Marius. “Now the real reason, please. Why did you kill her family?”
Dean started walking around with the demon killing knife in his hands . “Talk, or I will drop another load of holy water on your head.”
“I work for someone. Her name is Meredith and she is after Lennox,” he quickly spat out. “Please, don’t use the holy water. It really hurts.”
“Meredith?” I asked. “What does she want from me?”
“I can’t tell you,” he said, his eyes big in fright. “I swear I can’t tell you. It’s for you own safety.”
I sighed annoyed. “I’ve had it with this ‘I can’t tell you’ bullshit. You can tell me okay?”
He fiercely shook his head. “It’s not my place to tell you. The angel. He should tell you.”
“Castiel?” I asked. “He won’t tell me either.”
“He will,” Marius swore. “I promise you he will.”
“That still doesn’t answer my question,” Sam said. “Why are you here?”
“He is a fallen angel,” Castiel answered. He walked into the room and closed the door behind him. “Marius once was an angel of the lord. His garrison threw him out of heaven because he was too rebellious.”
I turned around and eyed the demon in surprise. He sat in the middle of the trap with his head bowed down in shame.
“Is that true?” I asked. “That you fell?”
Marius nodded. “Yes. It was when Castiel was a very young angel, so I am truly surprised that he remembers. I was cast down by my garrison because I was too rebellious. I wanted a certain type of freedom for the angels, but they didn’t agree with that.” His voice was drenched with pain and regret. “I grew up, only remembering my brothers and sisters being very mad at me when I was very young. I would scream that were going to hurt me, so my father comforted me every time I would get so scared. All the problems disappeared after that.”
“But.. You’re a demon. Does a fallen angel go to hell when they fall and die?” I asked Castiel. He shook his head.
“No. You should tell them the whole story, Marius.”
He dipped in his even lower, his whole body screaming that he was extremely ashamed of himself.
“I made a deal when I was human. When I went to hell, ten years after I made my deal they told me what I was. They tortured me and I remembered flashes of heaven. I was tortured long enough to become a demon. I learned about what Meredith wants and I studied long enough to discover that there is a way to save me and get back into heaven.”
“Knock yourself out,” I said. “Why would you need my help?”
Castiel sighed. “He needs your help because he is using a dead vessel. The vessel only is alive because he is in it. You can purify a demon; that’s what needs to be done. Someone must do that for him. When he is purified it’s only him in the vessel. His soul gives the vessel a very small amount of power to stay alive.”
“So there’s a but to this all?” I asked.
Marius sighed. “Yes. My vessel will only stay alive for another month or so, but I will be very weak.”
“I still don’t get what she has to do with this all,” Dean said.
Castiel sighed. “Lennox has a piece of grace stuck inside her soul. Marius needs the power of it to stay alive until he finds his grace."
♠ ♠ ♠
I am really happy with this chapter! We're definitely going to see more of Marius in the upcoming chapters. Gabriel will also pop up sometime soon I think.