Hold My Heart

Chapter One

***
A: Whats your ETA?
V: 2 hours or so
A: Come home alone? I feel a little sick.
V: Of course. Feel better soon.
***
Aria shut her phone and let out a sigh, glad he had bought it. She got up off the chair and checked on the food she was making for when he got home and went back upstairs, stopping in the entryway to marvel at the house they had moved into.
It wasn’t huge, but it wasn’t small either. They had an upstairs and a basement. Vic used the basement for writing songs and practicing with the guys, since they now lived less than an hour away from all of them. They lived upstairs, next to a room Aria used as an office, taking up writing instead of going into psychology right away. Both their room and her office overlooked a lake, which was perfect for swimming. It was also edged with forest, more secluded than other houses they looked at.
The main floor consisted of a large kitchen, next to a dining room that led into a large living room and a bathroom off to the side. It was perfect for them, including the extra bedrooms they had for when they decided to start a family.
Aria felt her stomach lurch when she thought about trying to have another baby, worried she wouldn’t be able to again. She shook the thought away and went upstairs, booting up her computer, then turning to look out the window. The sun was setting, and the lake was dark in the night. She turned away, flicking on her desk lamp and she began to write a little, hoping she could burn some time before he got there.
About forty five minutes later, Aria’s phone went off on the desk and she grabbed it. There was a text from Vic saying he would be there shortly, about half an hour. Aria sent a quick reply, then got up, leaving the computer on. She went into the bedroom and tugged off her clothes, changing into a sheer black baby-doll and a pair of lace underwear, then pulled on sweats and a loose t-shirt. She padded downstairs, heading into the dining room and setting the table, then pulling the food out of the oven as the bus pulled up outside. She went to the front door and opened it, leaning against the doorframe. She waved at the guys as Vic came off, carrying a bag and a suitcase, his guitar slung over his shoulder. The door shut and the bus pulled away as Vic reached her, tossing the backpack onto the ground and pulling her into a hug. Aria tugged away from him, picking up his bag and a suitcase.
“Come on, I made dinner.” Aria said, leading him inside and kicking the door shut behind him. “Go sit down, I’ll bring the food out. I bet you’re dying for real food.”
“I could name some other things I’m dying for, one being spending some time with you.” Vic said, but complied, going into the dining room and letting out a low whistle. “Looks good babe.”
Aria smiled to herself, then brought the food out, setting some in front of him and serving both of them. They ate in silence, Vic obviously enjoying the food.
Vic pushed his plate away and leaned back in his chair, letting out a groan, patting his stomach and closing his eyes.
“God, I missed home-cooked food. I’m pretty sure I’m in a food coma, let’s sleep down here tonight.”
“I still have dessert. I made it for you, so make room.” Aria said, getting up and rubbing his shoulder as she walked by.
She glanced behind her, and then tugged off her sweatpants and t-shirt when she knew Vic wasn’t looking. She opened and shut the oven, to throw him off, and then walked back into the dining room. Vic glanced back at her, and then did a double-take.
“So, are you my dessert?” He asked, slowly getting up and walking to stand in front of her. Aria nodded in response as Vic ran his hands slowly from her hips up to her neck.
“I hope you’re hungry.” Aria murmured as his hands ran slow circles down her back, tilting her head up to his.
“Starved.” Vic answered, tugging her body to his, tangling her hair in his hands and kissing her. Aria tugged off his shirt, throwing it off to the side, then reached behind her and shut off the lights before unbuttoning his pants and yanking them down. Vic stepped out of them, and then picked her up, pushing her back against a wall and moving in between her legs. Aria arched her back with a moan, sliding her hands down his back.
Vic all but tugged the remainder of her clothes off, tearing away her underwear as Aria pulled his off. He paused then, eyeing her and kissing her slowly, then eased back and entered her forcefully. Aria dug her nails in and arched her back more, lifting her hips for a deeper impact.
They both ended up on the floor, Aria collapsing over him as they both finished. Vic wove his fingers into her hair, kissing her slowly. She sat up slowly, running her hands over his chest, tilting her head back before slowly climbing off of him.
“God, I’m glad to be home with you.” Vic said as Aria snuffed out the candles on the table and began picking up the table.
“I’m glad you’re home too.” She smiled, tossing her hair over her shoulder. Vic came to stand in front of her, taking the plates from her fingers and carrying them into the kitchen. Aria grabbed the wine glasses and the wine bottle and followed him into the kitchen, leaning against the door frame as he put the dishes into the dishwasher and turned back to face her.
“Well?” He asked, taking the glasses from her and kissing her forehead.
“Wanna go up to bed and talk and get drunk?” Aria suggested, waving the wine bottle around, a smirk on her face. Vic shifted the wine glasses to one hand and took Aria’s free hand, pulling her up the stairs to their bedroom.
Aria sat on her knees, tightening the tie on her silk robe shut and pouring a glass of wine for both of them as Vic came and lay down, wearing only his underwear. Aria handed him a glass and he accepted.
“So what have you been up to?” He asked, propping himself up and taking a drink. Aria snuggled in next to him, tucking herself into his side.
“Been going out on the town with Jessica, working on writing, being bored, stalking you on the internet, missing you, swimming in the lake and exploring in the forest.” She took a long drink. “So basically, nothing new.” She tunred to look at him, realizing his eyes were slowly drifting shut. “Not sleeping too much I take it.” She mused, taking him glass from him and setting it on the nightstand beside them.
“Not really. We play late, and then we hang out, and then go to bed. The usual tour ritual.” He said with a yawn, leaning over her and tugging her so she was straddling him. “And now, now I’m just tired.” He yawned again, and Aria learned so her nose brushed his.
“Go to sleep then.” Aria said as Vic’s eyes slowly shut. He turned onto his side, pulling Aria with him, wrapping himself tightly around her. Aria wove herself around him as well and closed her eyes, finally able to get a good night’s rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like cats. Also!!!! My sister entered my dog into a photo contest! It would mean the world to me if you all voted.
http://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/dog-photo-contest/
There's the link! He is the golden retriever in the canoe! Please vote!