Heels Over Head

29

I felt someone poke my sides. I jumped a little, and covered my mouth to muffle the squeal coming out of my mouth.

Ma turned around and glared at me. My mouth dropped, and I started to explain myself, but she turned back abound. I glared at Gerard, then turned to Johnny. I pointed at him, and he seemed to get the idea of what I meant because he took my hand, and started to pay attention. Oh yeah... he's so whipped!

My phone vibrated in my lap, and I opened it. I had a new text from Alana. She was wondering how everything was going. I texted with her for a while, then decided to pay attention for the last couple minutes.

The sermon ended shortly after that, and I led Johnny through the large crowd of people over to my family. I introduced him to the family members he hadn't met yet, and he seemed to be liked by my family. Although, no one was at all surprised that I was dating a guy in a band.

Now we were saying goodbye to Rays family.

"Make sure you stop by at some point tomorrow." Anita, Rays mom, said hugging me.

"Most definitely." I smiled. I hugged Nick, Ray's brother, John, Ray's dad, and Ray before pulling Johnny away to the coats so that we could get ours and leave.

Going down the icy stairs was much more difficult than going up them. Families were scrambling to get home quickly. The storm was getting worse by the second. When we reached Gerard's car, I felt hands on my waist. Johnny spun me so that I was facing him, and lifted me up. He spun around a couple times, and I placed my cold hands on his shoulders. I kissed his lips and he let me down, then kissed me back.

I cuddled into him to keep warm, as we waited for Gerard to come unlock the doors.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I had a new text message. It was from Gerard. Apparently, Frank and his parents were staying with us tonight since our house was closest to the church and the storm was too bad. He also wanted to know where Johnny and I were. I told him that we were at the car already and he needed to hurry up because it was cold. He actually listened to me for once because next thing I knew, Frank was sitting in between Johnny and I in the back seat of Gee's car.

"Why can't I sit in the middle?" I asked.

"Because." Frank said looking over at me.

"Why can't Johnny sit in the middle?"

"Because." Frank smiled.

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. Snow was falling so hard. It was really pretty. It made the hectic drug filled Belleville, New Jersey look peaceful and calm.

I ended up falling asleep in the back seat because of how long it was taking. I felt arms on the back of my legs and on my back. I nuzzled my face into the persons chest. It was Johnny. I could tell by the way he smelled. It was really good.

He carried me into my room, and closed the door behind him. His lips touched my forehead.

"Tarrah. Wake up baby." He whispered. "We're home."

I opened my eyes. Sure enough, Johnny was standing next to my bed, still holding onto me. I smiled.

Johnny put me down, and I took my coat off. "C'mon. Lets get out of these clothes." I yawned. I took out a pair of pajama pants and a tank top. We changed, and I walked out into the living room to say goodnight to my family.

Johnny and I walked back to my room, and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. I was exhausted.

It felt as though I was asleep for only a couple minutes when I head someone burst into my room. They tuned the lights on.

"Wake up stupid head! We're opening some fucking presents!" They exclaimed.

"Frank." I growled though gritted teeth. I lifted my head off the pillow, and opened my eyes. I gave him a death glare. I sat up and started to walk toward him. "Get out of my room, and let me sleep." I said.

"T-t-tarrah, don't hurt me!" Frank said backing up, and backing into the wall in the hallway.

I shut my door, and then laid back down.

I was so tired still, and it was only six o'clock in the morning. We got home about five hours ago.

I was almost back asleep when I heard a soft knocking on my door. I sighed loudly to myself, and got up. I opened the door, and saw my ma standing there.

"Tarrah, sweetheart, come on. You and Johnny can go back to sleep after." She said smiling.

I sighed. "Give me five minutes, and I'll be out there."

She smiled and walked away.

I closed my door again, and went back over to my bed. I laid down next to Johnny, and kissed his cheek.

"Babe. Wake up. They want us in the living room." I whispered.

He opened his eyes and looked over at me.

"Okay. Let's go then." He said laying in bed still and stretching.

Johnny sat up, gave me a quick kiss, and then stood up. "C'mon lady. Lets go." He said.

I shook my head, and smiled.

"C'mon."

I shook my head again.

He sighed, and flung me over his shoulder.

I squealed, and giggled to myself. "Eeeee. Johnny!"

He walked out to the living room, and turned around so I was facing everyone.

"I'm up now. Happy?" I giggled.

Everyone laughed, and Johnny put me down. I took his hand and walked over to the couch. He sat on the end, and I sat on the floor in front of him. Gerard handed me a starbucks coffee, and I smiled. "Thank you." I said.

He nodded, and sat next to johnny. Frank sat on the floor next to me.

"Pshhh. I'm so getting more than you this year." He said.

"Dream on kid." I laughed, as my Ma handed me my stocking.